UCLA fans....well they hurt too

Gamineal

All-ACC
Some of you know one of best pals is a UCLA grad and hard as **** fan like us...he and I had some great bets over Kaaya etc...

this is what he just sent me....we are not alone in the world...his take was Mora's NFL staff has not a clue how to recruit but they coach well, they basically took the summer off thinking we are NFL guys they will listen to us and flock to the Bruins...have fun reading

NON Miami but still same games played through out the country

This is from the UCLA writer on Scout. Makes me want to vomit.

Fans always want to know the story behind recruiting -- what really went on.

We now have enough information on the recruitments of many of the prospects that made their decisions Wednesday -- to give you a glimpse of how recruiting works.

It's stunning how UCLA's National Signing Day was just a hair's breadth from being a completely different day.

According to many good sources, this is how it went down for many of the guys UCLA was pursuing until the end:

Rashaan Evans, the five-star linebacker from Auburn (Ala.), had indicated Wednesday morning he had picked UCLA. He made it clear to coaching staffs. There was a disagreement that ensued within his family, and it was agreed upon that he'd stay in state -- but he picked the program, Alabama, that his father didn't, obviously, prefer. There was some question after his announcement whether he'd then be allowed to sign with UCLA, but it didn't happen.

Adoree Jackson, the five-star athlete from Gardena Serra, had decided on UCLA Tuesday night, and was still solid with that pick early Wednesday morning. He literally changed his mind later in the morning before his announcement.

Solomon Thomas, the five-star defensive end from Coppel (Tex.), hadn't made an indication to any of his three finalists -- Stanford, UCLA or Arkansas -- as of Tuesday during the day. Tuesday night he told UCLA they will be happy with his choice -- implying he was going to be a Bruin. But later that night verbally committed to Stanford and then announced for Stanford Wednesday.

Malachi Dupre, the five-star receiver from River Ridge (Louisiana) John Curtis Christian, indicated to a few people after his UCLA official visit he was going to be a Bruin. Tuesday night he told a source close to him that he was going to leave the state of Louisiana, before picking LSU Wednesday.

Budda Baker, the four-star defensive back from Bellevue (Wash.), made it pretty clear to many sources around him he wanted to go to UCLA. Much was made of his mother's health, and that was an element of it. But we've heard that there was another family dynamic that compelled him to stay close to home and go with Washington. As of late Monday night, a very reliable source said Baker had swung back to UCLA, and decided he was going to do what he wanted to do. But by Tuesday that family dynamic got more complicated and Baker just wanted to get the drama over with, and verbally committed to Washington Tuesday.

Davon Godchaux, the four-star defensive end from Plaquemine (Louisiana), had literally signed his NLI to UCLA, but his family wouldn't sign it, and would only sign the NLI for LSU.

Advertisement
Find it hard to believe that 5 different elite guys from the southeast all had signed NLIs to go to UCLA, but if even half that is true...****.

Advertisement
So they were on the wrong end of last minute flips. BFD. Welcome to big time recruiting, especially when you're talking abuot big time kids from the southeast. Welcome to the big leagues.

I find it amusing listening to fans of pac10/big12/big10 schools when they lose out big time recruits to SEC schools. They are shocked at the shady shenanigans going on.

lol

So they were on the wrong end of last minute flips. BFD. Welcome to big time recruiting, especially when you're talking abuot big time kids from the southeast. Welcome to the big leagues.

I find it amusing listening to fans of pac10/big12/big10 schools when they lose out big time recruits to SEC schools. They are shocked at the shady shenanigans going on.

lol

That was the amazing part...what Huge 5 star in recent years from the SE went west??? agree!!

Advertisement
It's their own fault. There's a reason coaches are pushing to get verbals earlier and earlier to avoid some of this stuff.

In 12' Agholor and Diggs both told UF they were coming. **** Agholor was on UF's campus the night before signing. And UF turned away two very good skill guys only to have them not come on signing day and be left scrambling. **** happens.

Mora is not smart. UCLA was not going to pull those elite Southern kids. Stick to crottin SoCal and NoCal

"My dream school...." How many times have Canes heard that - not from some out of state elite kid but - from a Dade county elite kid?

Advertisement
As bad as Miami handled some recruitments Mora really messed up not going after Kaaya sooner. I have a feeling UCLA fans will be looking at this one like we do with kids from South Florida.

Advertisement
I have UCLA friends and family that are fans/grads and yea they were pretty dissapointed yesterday lol, they were expecting a strong finish...Mora also got played by Mixon (committed to him night before Army game).

Their class is still pretty strong though, top 20 with only 17 signees.

Advertisement
Back