UCF's chance at a 2nd National Championship takes severe blow

It really dates back to the earliest years of college football when teams only played other local programs so they had groups of pollsters vote on who the national champ should be. Funny thing is, nobody cared about nattys back then. Conference and regional titles were the big prize. Fast forward 150 years and the NCAA still has a list of “recognized” national polls. Some well known like the media AP poll, some completely unknown to most college fans. The Colley-Matrix poll, which I believe was one of the original computer polls used for the old BCS is still used today. It’s completely non-subjective as it’s just a numbers formula. UCF finished #1 in that poll and thus can claim a NCAA recognized national title. It’s stupid and a total publicity stunt by UCF whatever. I think Miami has two or maybe even three unclaimed titles. A ton of schools have them also.
Thanks.

Advertisement
And??....The Gators 3 NCs all had one loss to inferior opponents...and that UW team that beat UM would wax all the teams that beat UF....
Would UW have beaten the teams that beat UCF that year?

(trick question)

I agree that UCF’s championship is a little silly, but they did go undefeated which makes it a little different than the one-loss non-champions. I thought it’s a flaw in our system that our playoffs aren’t big enough to include an undefeated team like that. That presents a reasonable argument for a dispute. If I were a UCF fan, I would probably claim the championship too with full knowledge that they probably would have lost the title game if they were allowed to play it.

(trick question)
I know that UW team would've beaten them...time for UCF to join a REAL conference before they proclaim themselves Champions in anything except Under Construction Forever...

Advertisement

(trick question)

I agree that UCF’s championship is a little silly, but they did go undefeated which makes it a little different than the one-loss non-champions. I thought it’s a flaw in our system that our playoffs aren’t big enough to include an undefeated team like that. That presents a reasonable argument for a dispute. If I were a UCF fan, I would probably claim the championship too with full knowledge that they probably would have lost the title game if they were allowed to play it.
Georgia, Oklahoma, Alabama, and Clemson all had one loss going into the playoffs and Alabama didn't even win their division. UCF should have had their spot and given someone an easy W.

LMAO, I obviously kid!

200 (1).gif

I know that UW team would've beaten them...time for UCF to join a REAL conference before they proclaim themselves Champions in anything except Under Construction Forever...
It was a trick question. NOBODY beat UCF that year so UW could NOT have beaten the team that beat UCF.

Advertisement
It was a trick question. NOBODY beat UCF that year so UW could NOT have beaten the team that beat UCF.
Wtf are you F-ing talking about??...just stfu....UW would have beat UCF during their so-called NC yr.....Jesus H Christ...your longevity on CIS won't be long with your Ghey *** UCF trick questions...

Advertisement
Back