UCF

It's 60K number of students per every school year...that's one major growing future alumni base.

I grew up in South Florida not having an allegiance and in 1979, I attended my first UM game and it was hook, line and sinker. Never once waning my Fandome. I graduated from UCF. One of my kids is there today, graduating with a Finance degree in the Spring. I think you will have more and more of this over time. ****, when I first arrived at UCF, I met so many guys that were UM fans and who grew up in Central Florida. I was shocked assuming just about all were Gaytor fans. Some of you might be surprised at the Cane fanbase in the Orlando area. It's a good size.

To this day, my allegiance is with UM. If UM/UCF play one another, it will be UM. Have season tix to both programs as I care to contribute to two programs that has given me much joy and countless memories over decades(one much more than the other). I try to make 2-3 games each season. Was at the Boise game last week, App St game tonight and will be at the MSU game next Saturday. Not bad way to kick off CFB 2021!

Just my .02 but I do think there's a mix of Canes/UCF fans intertwined. And its not necessarily a bad thing...
this is me to a tee. that Boise game was a great game to watch in person. most UCF students tend to be from south florida. Almost every friend i talk Canes football with today, were guys I originally met at UCF.

As far as actual people from Orlando, its def still 90% FSU/UF though.

Advertisement
They've gone backwards since Frost went to Nebraska.
Screenshot_20210911-122123.png

Looks like they are doing just fine. Not to mention they have an AD and an administration that genuinely support the program and see the good it does for the school.

I'm not saying they're a problem today but don't kid yourselves about these guys now that they're in a major conference.

We are essentially Blockbuster video. Both on top of the world once upon a time and had essentially the same life span. Both failed because they had no vision to adjust to the new competition. We need a new business model or will be gone forever.
Yes! That's all I'm saying. We're sitting back in 2000 saying Netflix ain't sh*t.

Nope they will stay mediocre for a long time with 1 year out of every 10 where they beat somebody relevant and their fans pump their bird chests.

UCF recruiting rankings:

2018: 62
2019: 60
2020: 75
2021: 58
Yes...as a G5 program with a ceiling that they have now broken through. What was FIU's recruiting rankings again when we underestimated them and got embarrassed?

All I'm saying is that Miami needs to push forward because our lead as a program shrinks more and more every year. The sky isn't falling today.

I have to imagine this thread is what a uf board would have looked like after the Canes won their first national title in 83. Canes fans talking **** about how they're now an elite program. Gator fans saying the Canes didnt even win the state championship.

THIS is why college football is better than every other sport.

Advertisement
Yes...as a G5 program with a ceiling that they have now broken through. What was FIU's recruiting rankings again when we underestimated them and got embarrassed?

All I'm saying is that Miami needs to push forward because our lead as a program shrinks more and more every year. The sky isn't falling today.
Imagine waking up this morning and realizing you just lost to Jacksonville State. hahahah

We're in much better shape than our red headed stepchild from up north.

Imagine waking up this morning and realizing you just lost to Jacksonville State. hahahah

We're in much better shape than our red headed stepchild from up north.

Yes, I completely agree although I don't subscribe to that mindset as a standard for our program.

We should've have to look to that as validation of our team. That leads to playing up and down to opponents (which I'm not completely sure we're cured from) and excuses Miami from playing like we should expect to.

Advertisement
Don’t believe UCF’s loud mouth FORMER athletic director. He turned down a 2 for 1 with Florida. They’re like a lot of people on message boards. They talk really tough but when it gets real, they don’t want smoke.

I would exchange our idi0t AD for their former AD in a heartbeat

I personally think they are a corny program, but I have to give them credit for actively trying to build a winning program that cares about winning championships above all.

Advertisement
Soon they will claim Big12 is better than the ACC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back