UCF to Hire Dino Babers

The fact that we're not even hearing about Cristobal getting interviewed at a place like UCF is all you need to know. He's not even able to feign interest in jobs like these to drive up his market value because these schools aren't even remotely interested in him.

Advertisement
Man what a great hire. That guy is gonna kill it at UCF. We should've called him up.

Not it surprised no one wants our piece of **** list of retread coaches.

LMAO at all the posters raving about Babers. Honesty Check: Would you be happy if Miami had hired him, i.e. another coach from the paid to provide easy wins for the BIG, the MAC? (Nope, McD's did not pay for this placement).

Advertisement
Still seems like its going down though

Brandon Helwig ‏@UCFSports 5m5 minutes ago
With Bowling Green set to play on Friday, Dino Babers is not in position to publicly accept other HC position, UCF or otherwise.

Still seems like its going down though

Brandon Helwig ‏@UCFSports 5m5 minutes ago
With Bowling Green set to play on Friday, Dino Babers is not in position to publicly accept other HC position, UCF or otherwise.

no it doesn't

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 1m1 minute ago
Dan Wolken Retweeted Brandon Helwig
There are also other schools who are/could get involved

If Tulane hires Barbara Burke as AD, he's going to Tulane, not UCF

LMAO at all the posters raving about Babers. Honesty Check: Would you be happy if Miami had hired him, i.e. another coach from the paid to provide easy wins for the BIG, the MAC? (Nope, McD's did not pay for this placement).

There is a natural progression for most coaches where they gradually build themselves up to jobs like the Miami job. Dino is a good coach, really good offensive mind, but the Miami job would have been too much for him right now.

The American Conference is becoming the place for hot assistants and up and coming coaches to cut their teeth before they take the big time jobs. You'll be seeing Dino Babers at a bigger school in time as long as UCF isn't completely in dire straits.

Advertisement
Interesting ...

I thought he would be a good fit at Mizzou.

Maybe that's where Herman is going???

Interesting ...

I thought he would be a good fit at Mizzou.

Maybe that's where Herman is going???

Twitter has been saying Matt Rhule is a leading candidate for the job.

That is going to be a tough gig. Pinkel was a very good coach who really built that program up from, essentially nothing. It isn't a school that has any tradition of winning outside of Pinkel, so whoever comes in has their hands full to not only maintain to even better Pinkel.

Advertisement
Go check the coach thread on name 6 coached to interview for um. I was the only guy to have him on the list. Good coach not sure if ready for here, but I would have interviewed the guy he was on my list above guys like cristobal

**** shame he wasn't even considered. .... hopefully he'll be our next coach after Butch. UCF will be like Leavitt and USF within a couple of years.

Not sure Dino would have been the smart play given we hired an "up-and-coming" MAC coach 5 years ago. I'm not saying he can't coach, but he was probably a second or third tier candidate here. Also, you don't just turn around 0-12 overnight.

Advertisement
Go check the coach thread on name 6 coached to interview for um. I was the only guy to have him on the list. Good coach not sure if ready for here, but I would have interviewed the guy he was on my list above guys like cristobal

Not true...I was talking about Babers months ago and had him on my list.

Advertisement
Back