UCF-Memphis game canceled

FAU doesn't seem to think this is as big a deal as UM.

Or UF.

FSU.

USF.

UCF.

Miami led on this. They were the first. That's something to be proud of. The U let their players/coaches/staff focus on the Hurricane sooner than all of these other schools.

Ummmmmm.....FAU is actually playing their game. Is that something to be proud of as well or should they be shamed for their decision?

For the record I am not an FAU alum nor do I like anything about Lane Queffin.

Advertisement
Ummmmmm.....FAU is actually playing their game. Is that something to be proud of as well or should they be shamed for their decision?

So?

Nobody else in the state is.

They might be spending a lot of time in Wisconsin away from family and friends after a Cat 4 Hurricane.

So?

Nobody else in the state is.

They might be spending a lot of time in Wisconsin away from family and friends after a Cat 4 Hurricane.

Just answer the question. It's the sentence with the question mark at the end of it.

Just answer the question. It's the sentence with the question mark at the end of it.

Ashamed may be too strong a word but they look silly.

I know that you're grasping for straws now to save face after your embarrassing tough guy routine a few days ago but get real. Get your priorities straight. You're a loser.

Here's what a Tulane fan said on the Sun Belt Board:

(Today 03:22 AM)OUGwave Wrote:
As a Tulane fan, I have, um, some experience in discussing these issues.

People who are saying "this is bigger than football how can you expect them to play football at a time like this?" are partially correct. It is hard. But Tulane played an ENTIRE SEASON on the road migrating from school to school in 2005, living in abandoned dorms, while their families were recovering from the storm. The players had their entire city under water. The school was closed for the *entire* semester, and they still found a way to play their entire schedule. Was it tough? Yeah. But most of the players (I think Matt Forte for instance) are glad they did it. Point is, you can't tell me that Miami can't play one road game three days before the storm arrives and tell me that its because some things are bigger than football. Literally everything is bigger than football, it doesn't mean we don't expect football players to play football when it's possible for them to do so. Houston is playing a road game this weekend, I'm sure their players have a lot on their minds too!

I went to Tulane. Katrina hit before the season started. It hit New Orleans on Aug. 29th. Tulane played their first game on Sept. 17th. But, please go on.

It's not me saying that. I'm just quoting.

Maybe it's because they are a smaller program? I don't know.

Please refrain from trying to communicate to anyone that this is not that big of a deal

Advertisement

Ashamed may be too strong a word but they look silly.

I know that you're grasping for straws now to save face after your embarrassing tough guy routine a few days ago but get real. Get your priorities straight. You're a loser.

Why do they look silly? I understand that you a just an infant here on these boards but why are they silly for honoring their contract?

FAU would also be forfeiting $1.2 million if the game was canceled. So yes, this is a much bigger deal to FAU than Miami.

Or UF.

FSU.

USF.

UCF.

Miami led on this. They were the first. That's something to be proud of. The U let their players/coaches/staff focus on the Hurricane sooner than all of these other schools.

So they'll be the example of what could have been if Miami had played.

Advertisement

Or UF.

FSU.

USF.

UCF.

I agree with that. For better or worse we will see which team made the best decision in the aftermath.

Or UF.

FSU.

USF.

UCF.

I agree with that. For better or worse we will see which team made the best decision in the aftermath.

The best decision has already been made.

Why do they look silly? I understand that you a just an infant here on these boards but why are they silly for honoring their contract?

Their school is in the path of a Cat 4 Hurricane and they'll be playing a football game while the storm is terrorizing their home and the homes of their families.

I'm "a just an infant"?

Good one, guy.

You could have 140,000 posts and I could have 20 and you'd still be a +21 underdog to me.

Their school is in the path of a Cat 4 Hurricane and they'll be playing a football game while the storm is terrorizing their home and the homes of their families.

I'm "a just an infant"?

Good one, guy.

You could have 140,000 posts and I could have 20 and you'd still be a +21 underdog to me.

How will their families be terrorized if they are already out of the storms path? Seriously.

I try and give you new kids the benefit of the doubt but I'll go back to only engaging people that have been here long enough to wipe their own asses.

Advertisement

I'm "a just an infant"?

Good one, guy.

How will their families be terrorized if they are already out of the storms path? Seriously.

I try and give you new kids the benefit of the doubt but I'll go back to only engaging people that have been here long enough to wipe their own asses.

FAU needs that money and Wisconsin needs that W, they've offered fau to accomodate them after Irma destroys everything in sfl! I can see a program like FAU playing a game like that, but not big programs, they've too much to lose!

I'm "a just an infant"?

Good one, guy.

FAU needs that money and Wisconsin needs that W, they've offered fau to accomodate them after Irma destroys everything in sfl! I can see a program like FAU playing a game like that, but not big programs, they've too much to lose!

Like what?

I'm "a just an infant"?

Good one, guy.

Like what?

Let me rephrase that: they have nothing to win.

Advertisement

People who are saying "this is bigger than football how can you expect them to play football at a time like this?" are partially correct. It is hard. But Tulane played an ENTIRE SEASON on the road migrating from school to school in 2005, living in abandoned dorms, while their families were recovering from the storm. The players had their entire city under water. The school was closed for the *entire* semester, and they still found a way to play their entire schedule. Was it tough? Yeah. But most of the players (I think Matt Forte for instance) are glad they did it. Point is, you can't tell me that Miami can't play one road game three days before the storm arrives and tell me that its because some things are bigger than football. Literally everything is bigger than football, it doesn't mean we don't expect football players to play football when it's possible for them to do so. Houston is playing a road game this weekend, I'm sure their players have a lot on their minds too!

DateTimeOpponentSiteTVResultAttendance
September 177:00 PMMississippi State*Independence StadiumShreveport, LACSTVL 14–21 16,421
September 247:00 PMat SMUGerald J. Ford StadiumDallas, TXW 31–10 15,681
October 12:30 PMSE Louisiana*Tiger StadiumBaton Rouge, LAW 28–21 16,826
October 85:00 PMHoustonCajun FieldLafayette, LAiTVL 14–35 15,454
October 147:00 PMUTEPJoe Aillet StadiumRuston, LAESPNL 21–45 13,153
October 216:00 PMat UCFCitrus BowlOrlando, FLCSTVL 24–34 15,009
October 296:00 PMMarshallLadd Peebles StadiumMobile, ALCSTVL 26–27 13,290
November 512:30 PMat Navy*Navy–Marine Corps Memorial StadiumAnnapolis, MDCSTVL 21–49 33,608
November 122:00 PMat RiceRice StadiumHouston, TXL 34–42 9,162
November 191:00 PMTulsaMalone StadiumMonroe, LAL 14–38 10,306
November 262:00 PMat Southern MissM. M. Roberts StadiumHattiesburg, MSL 7–26 28,730
*Non-conference game. [SUP]
Dagger-14-plain.png
[/SUP]Homecoming. [SUP]#[/SUP]Rankings from AP Poll released prior to game. All times are in Central Time.
[SUP][2]

Yeah, that went well.[/SUP]

And Katrina made landfall on August 29th. Tulane played their first game on September 17th.

That's 19 days.

So this guy is comparing 3 days before to 19 days after.

I bet the Canes will be playing 19 days from the storm's landfall.

This!

CaneDynasty has gone full ******. Here's the thing, hurricane or not your incessant crying about a meaningless game is f***o*ry of the highest order. You're being a . Stop it.
@Cane Dynasty

I went to Tulane. Katrina hit before the season started. It hit New Orleans on Aug. 29th. Tulane played their first game on Sept. 17th. But, please go on.

It's because their coach is a jackass who doesn't give a **** about anything or anyone

It's because their coach is a jackass who doesn't give a **** about anything or anyone

Pretty much...

Advertisement
Back