UCF-Memphis game canceled

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here's what a Tulane fan said on the Sun Belt Board:

(Today 03:22 AM)OUGwave Wrote:
As a Tulane fan, I have, um, some experience in discussing these issues.

People who are saying "this is bigger than football how can you expect them to play football at a time like this?" are partially correct. It is hard. But Tulane played an ENTIRE SEASON on the road migrating from school to school in 2005, living in abandoned dorms, while their families were recovering from the storm. The players had their entire city under water. The school was closed for the *entire* semester, and they still found a way to play their entire schedule. Was it tough? Yeah. But most of the players (I think Matt Forte for instance) are glad they did it. Point is, you can't tell me that Miami can't play one road game three days before the storm arrives and tell me that its because some things are bigger than football. Literally everything is bigger than football, it doesn't mean we don't expect football players to play football when it's possible for them to do so. Houston is playing a road game this weekend, I'm sure their players have a lot on their minds too!

Advertisement

People who are saying "this is bigger than football how can you expect them to play football at a time like this?" are partially correct. It is hard. But Tulane played an ENTIRE SEASON on the road migrating from school to school in 2005, living in abandoned dorms, while their families were recovering from the storm. The players had their entire city under water. The school was closed for the *entire* semester, and they still found a way to play their entire schedule. Was it tough? Yeah. But most of the players (I think Matt Forte for instance) are glad they did it. Point is, you can't tell me that Miami can't play one road game three days before the storm arrives and tell me that its because some things are bigger than football. Literally everything is bigger than football, it doesn't mean we don't expect football players to play football when it's possible for them to do so. Houston is playing a road game this weekend, I'm sure their players have a lot on their minds too!

DateTimeOpponentSiteTVResultAttendance
September 177:00 PMMississippi State*Independence StadiumShreveport, LACSTVL 14–21 16,421
September 247:00 PMat SMUGerald J. Ford StadiumDallas, TXW 31–10 15,681
October 12:30 PMSE Louisiana*Tiger StadiumBaton Rouge, LAW 28–21 16,826
October 85:00 PMHoustonCajun FieldLafayette, LAiTVL 14–35 15,454
October 147:00 PMUTEPJoe Aillet StadiumRuston, LAESPNL 21–45 13,153
October 216:00 PMat UCFCitrus BowlOrlando, FLCSTVL 24–34 15,009
October 296:00 PMMarshallLadd Peebles StadiumMobile, ALCSTVL 26–27 13,290
November 512:30 PMat Navy*Navy–Marine Corps Memorial StadiumAnnapolis, MDCSTVL 21–49 33,608
November 122:00 PMat RiceRice StadiumHouston, TXL 34–42 9,162
November 191:00 PMTulsaMalone StadiumMonroe, LAL 14–38 10,306
November 262:00 PMat Southern MissM. M. Roberts StadiumHattiesburg, MSL 7–26 28,730
*Non-conference game. [SUP]
Dagger-14-plain.png
[/SUP]Homecoming. [SUP]#[/SUP]Rankings from AP Poll released prior to game. All times are in Central Time.
[SUP][2]

Yeah, that went well.[/SUP]

That Tulane fan doesn't realize that in Miami people know what needs to be done to prepare for a hurricane

September 177:00 PMMississippi State*Independence StadiumShreveport, LACSTVL 14–21 16,421
November 512:30 PMat Navy*Navy–Marine Corps Memorial StadiumAnnapolis, MDCSTVL 21–49 33,608
November 262:00 PMat Southern MissM. M. Roberts StadiumHattiesburg, MSL 7–26 28,730
Dagger-14-plain.png
[/SUP]Homecoming. [SUP]#[/SUP]Rankings from AP Poll released prior to game. All times are in Central Time.
[SUP][2]

I bet Matt Forte thinks so.

They were also pre-season dogs in every game that season except 1 I believe. Thanks for the data though.

Some people just double down on their idiocy, or trolling, or whatever lunatic thoughts they have rolling around their malformed heads. Definitely some form of mental disease.

Advertisement

Dagger-14-plain.png
[SUP][2]

And Katrina made landfall on August 29th. Tulane played their first game on September 17th.

That's 19 days.

So this guy is comparing 3 days before to 19 days after.

I bet the Canes will be playing 19 days from the storm's landfall.

I went to Tulane. Katrina hit before the season started. It hit New Orleans on Aug. 29th. Tulane played their first game on Sept. 17th. But, please go on.

I went to Tulane. Katrina hit before the season started. It hit New Orleans on Aug. 29th. Tulane played their first game on Sept. 17th. But, please go on.

It's not me saying that. I'm just quoting.

FAU doesn't seem to think this is as big a deal as UM.

Maybe it's because they are a smaller program? I don't know.

Advertisement

I didn't see any of them playing during the storm. Apples and oranges.

FAU doesn't seem to think this is as big a deal as UM.

Or UF.

FSU.

USF.

UCF.

Miami led on this. They were the first. That's something to be proud of. The U let their players/coaches/staff focus on the Hurricane sooner than all of these other schools.

I didn't see any of them playing during the storm. Apples and oranges.

Is FAU going to be the apple or the orange tomorrow when they play Wisky?

I think he is forgetting that he is talking about Tulane here. You treat Tulane like a back page hooker, but not an established power 5 school like Miami. Miami is doing you a favor in the first place w/ NO benefit of even playing this game to begin with. Miami isn't about to move mountains just so you can have your little pay day that would of been a 40+ point victory for Miami. Don't give me this "we played Nebraska close!" App State played Tennessee close last year and what happen? That same Tennessee played Nebraska in a bowl game last year and basically dominated them. Basically what I'm saying is Tennessee is way better then Nebraska and if App State played TENN tough last year and still lost 45-10 to us then we would of slammed Ark State as well. This is why you don't schedule these games. No benefit ANYWHERE. No real financial benefit, your increasing your chances of getting upset even if it just by 0.1%, and it just not a good look that we'd even agree to do a home & home mid-level school.

Hope this is a learning lesson for Blake.

Advertisement
Back