UCF 11/21 at 7:00 on ESPN3

Consigliere

All-American
This is a pretty big game and a big test (best opponent we played so far). They are well coached too.

UCF is 2-1

Wins: Tampa and Bethune Cookman
Loss: FSU

Key Players: Watch out for their GUARDS!!!!

Isaiah Sykes (Sr): 18.7 PPG, 7 RPG, 4.3 APG, 1.7 SPG and shoots 41%
Calvin Newell (Sr): 18.7 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 4.0 APG, 2.7 SPG and shoots 57%

Here are some other names (forwards)

Tristan Spurlock (Sr): 13.3 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 2.0 APG, 1 BPG and shoots 50%
Kacey Wilson (Jr): 9.3 PPG, 5.7 RPG and 1.7 BPG

I think this is going to be a tough game and would gladly take a win in any fashion (minus injuries).

Side note:I know the game isn't for a few days but I am losing my mind with football.

Advertisement
Agreed, the basketball team actually is showing growth and team chemistry. They have actually been fun to watch the past two games.

It's on ESPN3, yes!

Without question should be our toughest match up to date.

They return 6 of their top 7 players, combined with all of the things above and this one we are going to have to play like we did last night to make it a game.

Final point, apologies to James Kelly for calling you fat and out of shape the first couple of games. I wish someone had a "non-fuzzy/non-static" highlight of that first dunk he threw down from the right side of the basket. ****.

This is a pretty big game and a big test (best opponent we played so far). They are well coached too.

UCF is 2-1

Wins: Tampa and Bethune Cookman
Loss: FSU

Key Players: Watch out for their GUARDS!!!!

Isaiah Sykes (Sr): 18.7 PPG, 7 RPG, 4.3 APG, 1.7 SPG and shoots 41%
Calvin Newell (Sr): 18.7 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 4.0 APG, 2.7 SPG and shoots 57%

Here are some other names (forwards)

Tristan Spurlock (Sr): 13.3 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 2.0 APG, 1 BPG and shoots 50%
Kacey Wilson (Jr): 9.3 PPG, 5.7 RPG and 1.7 BPG

I think this is going to be a tough game and would gladly take a win in any fashion (minus injuries).

Side note:I know the game isn't for a few days but I am losing my mind with football.

Hire Larranaga to run football part-time!

I saw bits and pieces of their game against FSU and spoke with some friends who are FSU fans. FSU is not supposed to be great this year, and the Noles handled them, winning by 15. They were not impressed with UCF. That said, UCF is usually a solid team and program, and probably a NIT team. They won't be an NCAA team since they're in a conference with Memphis, Cincy, UConn, Louisville, Temple, Rutgers and even SMU (Larry Brown is their coach).

Should be a good test, and I really think this is a game we need to win.

Advertisement
I saw bits and pieces of their game against FSU and spoke with some friends who are FSU fans. FSU is not supposed to be great this year, and the Noles handled them, winning by 15. They were not impressed with UCF. That said, UCF is usually a solid team and program, and probably a NIT team. They won't be an NCAA team since they're in a conference with Memphis, Cincy, UConn, Louisville, Temple, Rutgers and even SMU (Larry Brown is their coach).

Should be a good test, and I really think this is a game we need to win.

Agreed. Agreed. It is a good warm up for the Wooden Legacy too.

Advertisement
I went to give my kid a bath and we were up 9-4. I come back and we're down 28-21 at the half. WTF?

Is there a better term for Garrius Adams' shots than "bricks?"

Must suck to play in front of these "crowds", seems like it almost sucks the energy out of both teams.

I went to give my kid a bath and we were up 9-4. I come back and we're down 28-21 at the half. WTF?

No flow on the offensive end. Haven't hit any shots (10-29 total, 1-10 on 3pt), not getting to the free throw line (0-1). James Kelly doesn't have a shot and has 2 fouls, spent a fair amount of time on the bench. Manu having an off game. Davon Reed has looked good. One play kind of summed up the half: Canes came out of a timeout and Akpejiori ended up getting a shot (which he didn't make of course). Announcers mentioned that they didn't think that was the play Coach L drew up.

Advertisement
From what I've seen, Brown has had at least 2 threes go down and back out, the refs are ******** us, and we are getting killed in the paint.

Down 2 with 36 seconds left, Kirk at the line with a chance to tie, and he misses both:ohlord: Then down 3, Adams slips out of bounds on an out of control drive. What a freaking choke job. Embarrassing loss to a mediocre team that was trying to hand us the game. This team is so frustrating. If we win more than 4 ACC games it's going to be a miracle and we should build a statue to Coach L.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well that sucks. Not much you can do about that, woulda had the hand off to Kelly for an open 3.

Advertisement
Back