UAB Heading To Miami Gardens

As much as I'd love to see more P5 non conference games, scheduling more than one per season essentially handicaps your team's chances of making the playoff. If you're ACC,SEC,BIG10, Pac12 or even Big12, an undefeated conference champion with a non conference win against an OOC P5 team is a lock for the playoff regardless of who else is on their schedule. ****, Miami was a win against Clemson from the playoff even with a bad loss to Pitt.

Advertisement
UAB v. Miami during the 2020 season

Better than Arkansas State.

And if we HAD to play a game up there, Birmingham is a helluva lot better than going to (come back later and edit in name of town where Arkansas State is located).

Last edited:
LOL. You took the bait. You’re so predictable.

I knew you were still sore from getting reamed over the weekend.

LMAO.

You’re desperate.

You make a complete fool of yourself with an ignorant post in this thread, and try to cover it up by saying you were setting a trap.

You are just doubling down on showing how sad, weak, pathetic and small minded you actually are. Especially after being destroyed with knowledge bombs in the other threads. Actual facts are kind of hard to argue against, aren’t they?

But go on, come up with some more lame, fact-less excuses. I’ll continue to bombard you with facts.

This is their second season back after the program got shut down for a couple of years. Should be a 50+ point win, and that is factoring in that Bill Clark is a heck of a coach.

Yes, they are D-1. C-USA is G5. No different than Houston or BYU or USF etc.

Doesn’t hurt our SOS to play them. Rule of thumb nowadays for P5s generally is you play one P5 OOC, 2 OOC G5’s, and one non-FBS.

And all should be at home or a home and home for a P5 opponent. One of our primary goals with scheduling should be to play as many home games as possible.

Advertisement
And all should be at home or a home and home for a P5 opponent. One of our primary goals with scheduling should be to play as many home games as possible.

Ideally.

Although these neutral site games are really a thing now.

We’re doing LSU this year. The turds in 19. And I think it’s Bama in 20. All openers with no home and home, just “neutral” sites.

Ideally.

We’re doing LSU this year. The turds in 19. And I think it’s Bama in 20. All openers with no home and home, just “neutral” sites.

Yep, I hear ya. And they are good "showcase" games that really generate the national interest. It helps establish and re-build Miami's national brand, and is a game everyone remembers when you win come the end of the season for playoff conversation, etc. That said, given our geography, these neutral site games are almost universally "road" games for us, yet we don't get the credit that you would for playing a tough opponent on the road.

The more home games we play, the better. I really do hope that we continue to see our scheduling trend in that direction. Neutral site games are ok as well, but we certainly should never again see a neutral site game and a road game at a G5 in the same season. To quote that ******* Dabodoo, "that's bush league".

Ideally.

It's probably way to early, but have the sites been named yet for '19 & '20?

Yep, I hear ya. And they are good "showcase" games that really generate the national interest. It helps establish and re-build Miami's national brand, and is a game everyone remembers when you win come the end of the season for playoff conversation, etc. That said, given our geography, these neutral site games are almost universally "road" games for us, yet we don't get the credit that you would for playing a tough opponent on the road.

The more home games we play, the better. I really do hope that we continue to see our scheduling trend in that direction. Neutral site games are ok as well, but we certainly should never again see a neutral site game and a road game at a G5 in the same season. To quote that ******* Dabodoo, "that's bush league".
It's encouraging that we're being included in these "opening day" games in that the Canes are getting recognition as a team worthy of a prime time opening day match up. Obviously, depending on the outcome, these games can be a blessing or a curse!

Advertisement
It's probably way to early, but have the sites been named yet for '19 & '20?

2019 VS Florida is at Camping World in Orlando

2020 - I think this is now at Michigan State and it's later in September. Not an "opening" game.

2021 is Alabama. No site yet but I bet it's in Atlanta.

Advertisement
I believe Michigan State is a home and home.

Alabama is a “neutral” Chick Fil-A Atlanta opener, so, basically a home game for Alabama. Technically it’s a neutral site, but it’s a a couple of hours drive from Alabama. You’ll probably see about 10-15,000 Miami fans and about 60,000 Alabama fans in that stadium.

It’ll be closer to 50/50 in Orlando I’m hoping,

I'm just down the road in Jacksonville, AL (JSU.) B-ham is a nice town!
That moment when one realizes that JSU is not in Mississippi......
84D80472-FD13-40B1-B25A-D941D9D4BB7C.gif

I swear, I've always thought that school was located in Mississippi, and not because of Jackson, MS. LOL.

Advertisement
That moment when one realizes that JSU is not in Mississippi......
View attachment 59896

I swear, I've always thought that school was located in Mississippi, and not because of Jackson, MS. LOL.
Serisouly everyone assumes we're in Mississippi or Florida. I've actually had to cancel and re-book flights for visiting guest artists who assumed we were in Florida...

Serisouly everyone assumes we're in Mississippi or Florida. I've actually had to cancel and re-book flights for visiting guest artists who assumed we were in Florida...
When I lived in Tally, I remember seeing some of their fans in a few stores when they would play F$U. I heckled the **** out of them for living in Mississippi. They would not even retaliate with jokes of their own. Now I know why they looked at me with the "awe, he's special" look.

Don’t know if it was mostly Georgia’s AD’s or some of Richt but historically Georgia didn’t schedule a lot of non-regional games.

I don't think it had anything to do with Richt. The key word in your post is "historically," as in, UGA has always done it that way. Last fall when Georgia went to Notre Dame it was the first time they had played a game up north in about 50 years.

Looks like Blake learned his lesson from the Arkansas State annoyance.

Advertisement
Back