UAB Heading To Miami Gardens

Advertisement
Advertisement
No home and home announced.

This is good scheduling.

It’s a cupcake that doesn’t count against us since it’s a full fledged FBS program, a full on G5 program like Houston, UCF, USF, etc. Doesn't count against us like a FAMU or Bethune Cookman.

Do some research and see what the big schools are paying some of theses teams to be cannon fodder. Miami will, likely, never be in the position to do that. Unless you want a steady diet of Savannah State's this is the reality.

Good points.

UAB’s not a bad game to schedule. And I’m hoping that a return to national prominence will allow Miami to schedule at least 2 P5 OOC games every year (Ex. SEC/PAC 12; B1G/Big 12).

ACC + (2) OOC P5

Don’t know if it was mostly Georgia’s AD’s or some of Richt but historically Georgia didn’t schedule a lot of non-regional games.

Absolutely ridiculous suggestion.

We would be the only contending P5 program to do this, thereby putting us at a significant disadvantage to the other contenders.

Good thing you’re not doing our scheduling.

It’s 2018, scheduling is different now. Get with the program.

Absolutely ridiculous suggestion.

We would be the only contending P5 program to do this, thereby putting us at a significant disadvantage to the other contenders.

Good thing you’re not doing our scheduling.

It’s 2018, scheduling is different now. Get with the program.

Agreed. 1 FCS OOC, 1 P5 and some G5 opponents along with conference scheduling seems to be the norm now. The P5 OOC seems to be these neutral site opening weekend games too.

Advertisement
Agreed. 1 FCS OOC, 1 P5 and some G5 opponents along with conference scheduling seems to be the norm now. The P5 OOC seems to be these neutral site opening weekend games too.

Yea, I mean why voluntarily put yourself at a disadvantage compared to your competition?

Here’s National Champion Alabama schedule this season: their P5 OOC is Louisville, and here are their other OOCs: (Arkansas State, Louisiana, and The Citadel).

Is UAB d1. I know they were before they dropped team for a year. If they are a d1 program, I like it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes, they are D-1. C-USA is G5. No different than Houston or BYU or USF etc.

Doesn’t hurt our SOS to play them. Rule of thumb nowadays for P5s generally is you play one P5 OOC, 2 OOC G5’s, and one non-FBS.

I'm just down the road in Jacksonville, AL (JSU.) B-ham is a nice town!
I pretty much work a block away from UAB. Talked to their coach a couple of weeks ago at an event. He's a rising star and wouldn't shock me if he had a power 5 job by then.

Advertisement
Back