UAB confirmed as non-conference game

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who knows what this season will actually look like, but in a non-covid world, one could make a very strong argument that UAB will be a better football team than Temple this year.

UAB is definitely better than Temple IMO. Pound for pound Clark is one of the best out there. I mean we shouldn't have any problems with them but lol.

UAB is definitely better than Temple IMO. Pound for pound Clark is one of the best out there. I mean we shouldn't have any problems with them but lol.
Yeah for sure. Wasn't insinuating that....I'd imagine we'll still be a 2+ TD favorite (not that any of that mattered last year, but I digress).

But yeah you won't get any disagreement from me. UAB is good and Clark is a beast. I was just saying what I said because I know people on this board will see UAB and think it's an easier game than Temple. Not so fast, my friend.

Advertisement
UAB is a solid team and will be better than Temple. We definitely should win but its not a cream puff, especially for a first game.

Great coach
3 straight bowl appearances
19 starters back
Was expecting a 10 win type season and favorite to win CUSA

UAB is a solid team and will be better than Temple. We definitely should win but its not a cream puff, especially for a first game.

Great coach
3 straight bowl appearances
19 starters back
Was expecting a 10 win type season and favorite to win CUSA
It will be a nice little test for us before we start conference play.

Advertisement
I like UAB more than Wagner, but I was kind of hoping to see what Diaz could do against his former squad.

Advertisement

This will be a good game for us, UAB is a good G5 team that is well coached & has a legit Defense.

We win going away (yeah I said it you weak kneed pussies), but Bill Clark is a good coach & they will be competitive.

Their QB was only a 59% passer & threw 15INT's to 17TD's, they also don't have a strong run game, so our DLine should control the pace of the game, bring heavy pressure up front, play Double High Safeties on the backend & force their inaccurate QB to throw the ball in the middle of the field.

Their best WR is Austin Watkins a Ft. Myers kid, he's good, but Alphonso Jr can lock him down.

EDGE Jordan Smith is a good pass rusher big 6'7 250lbs kid that plays similar to Jason Strowbridge from UNC.

They have 2 good corners, Brontae Harris (had 11PBU's in 2018) & Dy'Jonn Turner (had 10PBU's in 2019), they're physical corners who play bigger than their size (5'10 & 5'11), but can be beaten with speed on the outside. Harris sat out all of 2019 with a lisfranc injury.

The key to game for us offensively will be establishing the running attack up the middle to create one on one matchups on the outside in the passing game. Use King's running ability with some good Option & QB designed run plays, hit them with the quick inside Zone runs up the middle, go tempo & stretch the field deep with Wiggins, Pope & Redding, then when they rotate Safeties for over top help, work the intermediate routes with Brevin, Mallory & Hodges.

Advertisement
Back