UA All-American Practice Notes

Advertisement
Silvera named a Top 5 overall performer at practice by 247. They said he is the most physical interior guy in San Antonio with the nastiest demeanor. They also said the offensive linemen wanted nothing to do with him because his bullrush was so imposing.

Impact fckn player... Most important recruit out of American heritage

Advertisement
I've been going to these Camps since Shaq was a Freshmen in HS... They are favored for the offense ... these receivers often run 5 second routes ... so the DBs have to be prepared for triple move so when they run go routes its a shocker... I'm very pleased with Al Blades he brings attitude and confidence to the table...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

With zero pressure on the QB and no help at all from other defenders. I want to see how a kid plays in the context of a football game.

By all accounts Asante Samuels Jr has been the best CB there and by a lot...

This staffs lossing of Jobe isn't as bad as them choosing to not make Asante a priority. If we had, he would be committed here. Losing out on the top 4 DBs in all of Dade and Broward when you have massive needs there is Golden and Shannon -esque.

This staffs lossing of Jobe isn't as bad as them choosing to not make Asante a priority. If we had, he would be committed here. Losing out on the top 4 DBs in all of Dade and Broward when you have massive needs there is Golden and Shannon -esque.

Lulz at this bull****. I’d take Frierson over Samuels all day. Samuel is sticky but flea sized. Both Frierson and Ivey are long, fast, and loose in the hips. Oh, and we landed the best safety in the tri county area and will probably land Campbell, who is as elite as they come. There will be nothing Golden-esque about this db class.

Advertisement
I remember when Lamarcus Joyner came out of STA and we discounted his size. Ballers will ball at the college level, regardless of size (within reason).

I remember when Lamarcus Joyner came out of STA and we discounted his size. Ballers will ball at the college level, regardless of size (within reason).

I think you meant we discounted him because of his size. They are not even remotely the same build. Joyner was short, but he wasn’t light in the ***. I stood right next to Samuels at the ND game and he could pass for an 8th grader. Guys like Hightower will eat him for lunch more often than not at the next level. That aside, my point was not to say Samuels is going to suck. Rather, I was addressing the typical Miami cuckold fans who immediately default to “the other guy going to the other school is better.” And that is just absurd — our corner prospects are extremely talented and much more impressive physically. They could easily turn out to be better players than Samuels.

I think you meant we discounted him because of his size. They are not even remotely the same build. Joyner was short, but he wasn’t light in the ***. I stood right next to Samuels at the ND game and he could pass for an 8th grader. Guys like Hightower will eat him for lunch more often than not at the next level. That aside, my point was not to say Samuels is going to suck. Rather, I was addressing the typical Miami cuckold fans who immediately default to “the other guy going to the other school is better.” And that is just absurd — our corner prospects are extremely talented and much more impressive physically. They could easily turn out to be better players than Samuels.

Agreed, our DB class is impressive regardless of who else we land. Ivey is ridiculously underrated but Campbell might be the best corner in the country...Rumph needs to earn that paycheck and keep him home.

I’m one of her few that don’t think Samuel was that big of a miss. Looks like a great hs cb but with a very low ceiling. He’s a less athletic and much thinner version of bandy.

Advertisement

Lulz at this bull****. I’d take Frierson over Samuels all day. Samuel is sticky but flea sized. Both Frierson and Ivey are long, fast, and loose in the hips. Oh, and we landed the best safety in the tri county area and will probably land Campbell, who is as elite as they come. There will be nothing Golden-esque about this db class.

It wasn't Frierson or Samuel though. Different players, possibly different positions (FS v CB). Both him and Blades look like CB/FS hybrids. Right now, Ivey is the only true "stickem" corner. Campbell hasn't committed yet. Last year, Bandy was the only freshman CB. The year before, Young was the only CB. We need a few glue guys to go with the press bullies.

Samuel is a slot guy who can also play the boundary at times even at his size bc of his technique. Not all college WRs are 6-3. Samuel may not have the size to be elite in the NFL, but he does have enough to be elite in the NCAA. FSU has monsters in Tate and Gavin but Murray and Matthews are short. Clemson has Cain at 6-1 but Amari Rogers and Ray Ray McCloud are only 5-10, along with Mr Renfrow. Sean Savoy at VT is short.....Cam Phillips was only 6-0. To me, Samuels would have been a take all year, just as Bandy would have been last year. I thought Samuels was all FSU from the drop but if not the case, i would have been all over him.

If Surtain comes here, he starts day 1 opposite MJ28. That kid looks as natural as can be as an 18 yr old CB

Advertisement
If Surtain comes here, he starts day 1 opposite MJ28. That kid looks as natural as can be as an 18 yr old CB

if we get all of those boys in there, i'd love to see us go to a 4-2-5, especially now that our lb depth is trash with owens is transferring and gordinier shutting down football.

I don't believe this for one second. If Asante wanted to be a Cane that badly he'd be a Cane. Regardless of when we started recruiting him.

Wish we had recruited Wisconsin's freshman back from NJ. Pretty good player.

Wish we had recruited Wisconsin's freshman back from NJ. Pretty good player.

every back that comes out of wisconsin is massively overrated because they play behind mammoth offensive linemen. name a single wisconsin running back in the last 20 years that has been truly spectacular after leaving college.

ron dayne: heisman. first round. massive bust
michael bennett: first round. one good season. bust.
brian calhoun: leads nation in rushing. third round. bust.
montee ball: all american. walker award. second round. bust.
james white: fourth round. rotation player. good, but not spectacular.
melvin gordon: all american. first round. very good, but hasn't broken 1000 yards yet after 3 years.

Advertisement
Back