U v Ufag now ESPNC {Butch"s Boys)

fact is, once those guys left, we have never even come close to being the same
my bro, i re-read the OP. i agree the team was awesome and that group of players may have been once in a lifetime. unless I"m reading it wrong you're saying that game points to him being a better coach than CMR. that's all i disagree with.

Advertisement
my bro, i re-read the OP. i agree the team was awesome and that group of players may have been once in a lifetime. unless I"m reading it wrong you're saying that game points to him being a better coach than CMR. that's all i disagree with.
Rorcht can't sniff Butch's jock strap

Rorcht can't sniff Butch's jock strap
why would he do that?

butch never won anything. CMR never won anything. but i bet CMR would have had the brains to stick around another year, not leave for the worst team in the NFL, and cement his legacy.

Advertisement
why would he do that?

butch never won anything. CMR never won anything. but i bet CMR would have had the brains to stick around another year, not leave for the worst team in the NFL, and cement his legacy.
Oh you mean the expansion team that he took to the playoffs? The only coach that has?

not really comparing the two coaches, I just saw that game on and was blown away by how good they were and comparing to what we've been seeing the last 15 years or so. I was there, and went to tons of games back then, but its been awhile since i have watched any of those old games, those guys would literally kill the teams of the last 15 years it would be a slaughter.

Advertisement
what made that ND game so big, it was filled with mistakes on both sides, half our yards was on broken plays where MR just took off running for his life, lotta luck in that game, as we soon found out. That UF game was a fantastic offense on full display, KD was precision, looked like a mini NFL team, and would have killed OU for the chip, got ripped off bigtime, they beat #1 and #2

Those were designed runs. You can see at least 1 OL getting off his block and moving downfield on each of those. There was no look back, see the QB scrambling, and block downfield...it was planned.

What about the team Butch coached that got blown out by FSU? Talent makes a world of difference, huh?

Any friggin idea - what the effect of losing 31 scholarships over your first two years does for your personnel?

Or can you even count that high?

It doesn't just affect your first two years - there's another two years of bleed-over, as you START to replenish a full squad.

Butch wouldn't have that problem here NOW.

He'd have us playing Old Miami football, kicking ***, taking names, with no charity or mercy in our hearts - inside two years.

Bank it.

Ah yes, the one double digit win season in Butch Davis' entire head coaching career. What do you call one 11 win season amidst a pile of 8 win seasons? An aberration.

Advertisement
Ah yes, the one double digit win season in Butch Davis' entire head coaching career. What do you call one 11 win season amidst a pile of 8 win seasons? An aberration.

Precursor to consecutive undefeated seasons, two NC games with one title and more 1st round draft picks than anyone before or since. Oh, and that was with his leftover staff.

you don't get coaching credit for games that you didn't coach.
additionally we have an entire career to judge him..CMR college career is better.

The only games that matter are Hurricane games. Mark benefited from never being good enough to be called up to the big leagues. He had long careers at the two schools that tolerate losing better than anyone. Even Bobby would had been caned here a good five years before he got that first pity NC.

Advertisement
I was there for that game myself..makes me wonder if we will ever come close to that again
damm sure aint lookin like it Conch, players jumping ship like crazy man, I wonder why. You and I prolly crowned up at that game, and after, them Canes had spunk, came through a shytstorm with probation and were tight, refuse to lose attitude. Can you imagine how bad we would have pummeled OU, we always pummel OU it seems. Watching it today on tv and seeing those guys man-o-man what a focking team, one 1st rounder takes a breather another 1st rounder comes in, just those names where like the who's who of the NFL. Butch did a phenominal job, unbelievable actually, considering, Mork aint in that league, he has big trouble with no probation and tons more to work with. The team i watched today was a well coached team in all 3 phases, much more so than today's Canes, they act entitled and they aint entitled to ****, you gotta earn it

Advertisement
Back