U offers OL Zac Darwiche a P.W.O.

Advertisement
Full ride at UVA too? He will take that for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. No one would pass up that UVA deal considering the coast of that schollie, Looks more like a big guard than an OT but who can say for sure.

OP thanks for sharing. I see the tweet was several days old and you are the first to post it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Walk-on linemen appear to have some of the better success rates of all walk-on players b/c so many are late developers physically and don't get much coaching in HS.

Advertisement
I find it odd that hes a Michigan guy and all world MAC recruiter Fleck couldnt get him at Western Michigan?

Nobody gives a f**k about preferred walk ons.

Hunter Renfrow would disagree

There are exceptions, and there are rules. Renfrow is the exception. No way most anyone cares about "walk-on recruiting". You can pretty much assume these guys end up on the scout team their whole careers 99.9% of the time.

You cared enough to comment on this thread. People post threads on walk-on's and PWO's because they want to assess their skill set and maybe spot one of those exceptions before they step on campus. May not be your cup of tea, which is fine. But there is obviously some interest on this thread.

I personally hope the kid takes a scholly from another school though. Looks like he had Georgetown and Brown on there too. Those scholarships are worth an insane amount of money and you're set up pretty well as a graduate from either of them. Same goes for Virginia if that is a legit offer. That being said, Dearborn isn't too far away from Ann Arbor, so I could see the appeal of staying home. I'm surprised Eastern Michigan hasn't thrown him out an offer. He looks like someone that could really help them.

Advertisement

There are exceptions, and there are rules. Renfrow is the exception. No way most anyone cares about "walk-on recruiting". You can pretty much assume these guys end up on the scout team their whole careers 99.9% of the time.

True, but walk-ons are valuable and maybe you can strike gold from time to time even if it's a second stringer.

True, but walk-ons are valuable and maybe you can strike gold from time to time even if it's a second stringer.

I have no problem with walk-ons. I'm not ****ting on them. I respect that they are hard working kids that do contribute to the team. They just don't really warrant much attention IMHO when it comes to recruiting except for perhaps local prospects we might have been following for a few years.

Last edited:

You cared enough to comment on this thread. People post threads on walk-on's and PWO's because they want to assess their skill set and maybe spot one of those exceptions before they step on campus. May not be your cup of tea, which is fine. But there is obviously some interest on this thread.

I personally hope the kid takes a scholly from another school though. Looks like he had Georgetown and Brown on there too. Those scholarships are worth an insane amount of money and you're set up pretty well as a graduate from either of them. Same goes for Virginia if that is a legit offer. That being said, Dearborn isn't too far away from Ann Arbor, so I could see the appeal of staying home. I'm surprised Eastern Michigan hasn't thrown him out an offer. He looks like someone that could really help them.

I get what you are saying, but it really is the exception when they ascend a roster and contribute. I commented because I personally would rather not have the threads cluttering up the recruiting board. But to each his own.

Advertisement
Back