Tyrod to Njoku

Advertisement
He is a great pick for third or fourth rounds. I am gonna try to grab him. I made graham my first pick years ago. Paid off huge.
That’s when I tend to draft my tight ends ... I think outside of two tightends(whom usually go first 2 rounds) it’s hard to gauge for fantasy but I’ll def snag him up he’s got great chemistry from either tyrod or baker mayfield

Njoku looked really good on the play, lb was done from the jump.

LB been done from the jump. Ogletree is overpaid and overrated and it's hilarious that the Giants gave up picks for him.

Njoku and Duke in the slot is a major problem and Tyrod can hit the deep ball if nothing else. Should be a career year for all 3 and things will get even better once Hue Jackson gets fired. Maybe then Njoku will get to run routes all the time instead of pass protecting and Duke will actually get featured properly.

Advertisement
They did say hometown. But they could mention The U. Wouldn’t kill them would it?

I imagine they could. Is it really that big of a deal to you? It's the first week of preseason...nobody's watching this **** anyway. Anyone who cares or should know, knows where he's from. If it bothers you that much I don't know what to tell you.

Off topic of Njoku but keeping with The U Alumni, Trent Harris got his first sack. I can't find the clip so I didn't want to make a separate thread. Really rooting for Trent, I think he'll be around for a while.

Advertisement
Hometown or University? He is from NJ...

Instead of saying he played for Miami, they said his hometown was Orange (IIRC), NJ. This was after he scored the first TD, not during player intros. Watch the OP clip. Just found it odd, like if he went to Baga, etc, would they have said he’s from Orange, NJ instead of where he played in college?

That’s when I tend to draft my tight ends ... I think outside of two tightends(whom usually go first 2 rounds) it’s hard to gauge for fantasy but I’ll def snag him up he’s got great chemistry from either tyrod or baker mayfield

I don’t think it matters who his qb is. He was great last year, but was splitting time with Justin Otherguy, just because he was a rookie. Don’t think he’ll be splitting time this year. Can’t imagine he’ll be going round 3-4, seems too high to me, but I’ll snatch him up as a bargain if he’s still there late.

I imagine they could. Is it really that big of a deal to you? It's the first week of preseason...nobody's watching this **** anyway. Anyone who cares or should know, knows where he's from. If it bothers you that much I don't know what to tell you.

No offense, man, but it seems like a few people just noting it as odd bothers you more than the fact they didn’t give UM props bothers any of us. 🤔🤗

Advertisement
Instead of saying he played for Miami, they said his hometown was Orange (IIRC), NJ. This was after he scored the first TD, not during player intros. Watch the OP clip. Just found it odd, like if he went to Baga, etc, would they have said he’s from Orange, NJ instead of where he played in college?

They are playing the Giants which are in Northern NJ. He is from Cedar Grove, NJ which is like ten miles from the stadium. The Giants drafted a TE (Evan Engram) at pick 23 ahead of Njoku (pick 27). The home town team overlooked him as he could have been back home near family. Now he just lit up the Giants as an F-U for not drafting him.

If anything, that is a better story than him playing at the U. Especially since he had to overcome all that negative NJ recruiting bias from a segment of our fanbase when he first came here because of Golden. You are overthinking this.

Last edited:
Eh you’d be surprised people are dying for any football but CFL

They are playing the Giants which are in Northern NJ. He is from Cedar Grove, NJ which is like ten miles from the stadium. The Giants drafted a TE (Evan Engram) at pick 23 ahead of Njoku (pick 27). The home town team overlooked him as he could have been back home near family. Now he just lit up the Giants as an F-U for not drafting him.

You are overthinking this.

Good point. Didn’t even consider the opponent and that the broadcast crew was probably the Giants local since they’re the home team. Makes perfect sense from that perspective. Thanks

Advertisement
That was one of two catches Njoku had. Baker Mayfield made a nice play and found him in the back of the endzone where he had to go up for it. Watching Mayfield's highlights he moved the offense pretty easily against the second and third stringers. At the very least, the moment didn't look too big for him, which is a good sign. That offense has some explosive guys. Njoku can ball with either of those QB's throwing up their prayers to him. Duke, he needs to get out of there. Not much of a defense so not much of a running game.

Wow. You really read into to that one.

Straight beast!! Best TE in the NFL already

Edit: maybe not already but I’m taking him over anybody else

I Love Nojoku but Jimmy Graham will have the best year by a mile. Arron Rogers has already said the guy is the best TE he's ever seen.

I Love Nojoku but Jimmy Graham will have the best year by a mile. Arron Rogers has already said the guy is the best TE he's ever seen.

Both are likely to be undervalued in fantasy. It will be interesting to see with Rodgers, he's never really put a stellar TE year on the board, that I can recall, but he's also never played with Jimmy Graham. I'd certainly rather spend a mid or late round pick on either of these guys rather than a 1st or 2nd on Gronk or Ertz or whatever. It's even a more meaningful difference in an auction league. To be honest, when accounting for injuries and the cost to get either, I'd actually prefer to have Njoku on my team. Graham is getting older and has an injury history, Njoku wins on both fronts there. Based on name recognition and team situation, I'm sure Graham will also be drafted much earlier as well. Unless you're in a league with a bunch of Canes or Browns fans, not a lot of people will be fighting you for Njoku. Njoku is the better value. I know, fantasy nerd alert.

At the end of the day, both are going to be pro bowl TE's this year, you can quote me on that. Remember when Jordan Cameron broke out a few years ago? Who predicted that? I did and rode him to the moon.

When Olsen, Graham and Njoku are all in the pro bowl this year, good luck to anyone trying to recruit against El Sicario del 904 for that position.

Advertisement
Back