Tyrique to the draft

Advertisement
Iā€™m hoping he comes back. was out best corner and could use the experience in the DB room.
Heā€™s an average corner. Better suited as a safety. That tells you how bad our corners are if he was our best one.

Heā€™s an average corner. Better suited as a safety. That tells you how bad our corners are if he was our best one.
itā€™s true and itā€™s also true he was our best corner. So we for sure could use the experience with the new DBs we have coming in

itā€™s true and itā€™s also true he was our best corner. So we for sure could use the experience with the new DBs we have coming in
Yes he was our best corner. Iā€™m interested to see what guys like Harris and Graves bring to the table. I doubt Rogers sticks around with his daddy being a little priss on Twitter.

Advertisement
Yes he was our best corner. Iā€™m interested to see what guys like Harris and Graves bring to the table. I doubt Rogers sticks around with his daddy being a little priss on Twitter.
The younger kids are better athletes. Iā€™m just glad ivy will finally be gone

Would have loved to have him back at Safety next year. Rique at Strong Safety and Kam at Free Safety would have been epic. Strong Safety or the Striker position in a different scheme would be the ideal fits for his skill set. He doesn't have the speed to be an elite CB at this level but those coverage skills to go along with him being a physical player who loves to hit will serve him well in the NFL at Safety or Nickel. I could see Rique having a long productive career in the right scheme.

Would love to have him back and see him get more slot work to be closer to the los

Advertisement
From Tyrique's weekly blog on Canesport:

-- Just I want to put myself in the top three rounds. I feel Iā€™m a real good player, but if I need a year to come back and show you all that then itā€™s no problem. I feel I improved myself from last year as far as everything they were questioning me about. Just top three rounds, I want an opportunity to go to the pros and it doesnā€™t matter what round I go in, I want an opportunity. But I feel my talents, hard work and dedication at least deserves top three rounds. So top three rounds it would be the smart thing to go pro, but it also depends on how me and coach Cristobal and coach Addae break down everything.

-- Itā€™s 50/50 Iā€™ll be back. The coaches at Miami are all giving me the same message: If you can make your money for your talent then go ahead, we wonā€™t hold you but weā€™d love you back here. Every coach is giving the same speech, recognize I have an opportunity in the NFL and might be ready. Some of the coaches and I feel like Iā€™m ready to be a pro. But itā€™s back to square 1, making sure I have all the facts and I want to do it the right way.

-- when coach Cristobal asked how I felt the season went, I told him honestly I felt it was a great season because despite the adversity this team was facing we kept fighting. Despite everything that happened, the losing streak, major losses we took, I never saw this teamā€™s spirit drop. I never saw this team fold and buckle like a lot of teams do. I never saw this team give up. We always looked for a better outcome. Even this last game, win or lose, we went into it with a positive attitude. I told him I was more proud of the guys, this was a young team and I was just proud of how mature they were over the course of the season.
But as far as what went wrong, the disconnect, I still donā€™t have that, still donā€™t know. Just at times the team wasnā€™t a team, you know? And it showed. Some adversity ā€“ sometimes the team itself was doubting itself.

--I trust coach Cristobal. Iā€™m actually excited about the future of this program. All heā€™s saying is heā€™s going to bring guys in that are willing to abide by the standard. The standard he is holding this program and the standard that hasnā€™t been there is here now. And all he wants in the building is guys that will uphold that standard, add to it and make sure the guys around them are staying on top of their stuff, too.

As far as players that lived up the standard this season? On the field I feel the majority of them did. They went out and worked hard. Some people on scholarship didnā€™t get an opportunity because they got outworked by some other guys. And as far as putting the work in inside the building, doing the extra work on your own thatā€™s needed, Iā€™d say half the guys bought in. The other half just relied on their athletic ability.

-- So the buy-in has nothing to do with the coaches, has everything to do with how you treat your brother. If you come out and donā€™t practice well then youā€™re not getting better and heā€™s not getting better. But if you come out to practice and try to dominate him, now you all are working, now you all are going past limits you put on yourselves. So buy-in is as far as the brotherhood and the team, has nothing to do with the coaches, nothing to do with the strength staff, nothing to do with talent. Itā€™s just how bad do you want your brother to succeed? Because at the end of the day, if he succeeds it helps you too

Advertisement
Tyrique is a guy who can surprise in the NFL. Big, explosive, versatile and, unlike some of our recent guys, physical.

His best position is the nickel position he played at Georgia. He was our best outside corner, though, and that experience will hopefully add to his versatility at the next level.
So many do not realize the amount of ā€œbig nickelā€ NFL teams are playing these days. He will go to the NFL and be a type that plays a ton of nickel, FS, boundary CB, overhang defender and be a versatile piece.

Most likely goes in 4th round area, makes a team, carves out a role, and has fans wondering why he didnā€™t do more here.

Heā€™s not an island CB that plays Field CB and has to run with NFL WRā€™s. Thatā€™s what Miami asked him to do because they had to.

Advertisement
I predict a 3rd round pick and a decade career. High character. Unique combination of size speed and physicality. Hard worker.

I predict a 3rd round pick and a decade career. High character. Unique combination of size speed and physicality. Hard worker.

I donā€™t think 3rd round w/ Rique. He doesnā€™t have the best of film, but his physical traits will get him drafted. I say 5th round or later.

Advertisement
Back