Tyrique to the draft

Advertisement
they had him at the star position basically a big nickel and he wanted to play outside

Hmmm; I’m pretty sure their STAR is a S/LB hybrid like our striker position. @Ozzieman81

Iirc, Rique wanted to play boundary b/c he sees himself as a CB, not a DB. UGA’s STAR is not a nickel; it’s a S/LB hybrid like we did w/ Amari Carter & Gilbert Frierson.

I think S is his best position, as well, but he sees himself as a CB.

May be our best bet at keeping our streak of drafted players alive.

/is there a new streak?

Advertisement
Hmmm; I’m pretty sure their STAR is a S/LB hybrid like our striker position. @Ozzieman81

Iirc, Rique wanted to play boundary b/c he sees himself as a CB, not a DB. UGA’s STAR is not a nickel; it’s a S/LB hybrid like we did w/ Amari Carter & Gilbert Frierson.

I think S is his best position, as well, but he sees himself as a CB.
They use it both ways that’s why I just said a big nickel. Like this year their star is more of a true nickel he is only like 5’11 180

Thankful he came back, he left it all out there. Someone with second contract potential if he finds the right situation.

Appreciate that he came back home to play as opposed to the multitude of other teams he could have gone too.... He played his butt off for us... Hope he goes off at the combines and get a high draft selection... Best of luck to him...

Advertisement
It’s the best move.

He won’t get any better here. And let’s face it, the scheme doesn’t do him any or anyone else any favors.

Advertisement
Thought this was coming when I saw the graphic with him being thanked as one of the seniors. We were lucky to have him and I'll be rooting for him at the next level. Might be the most talented guy on the roster. Let's hope Mario can get a move on and get moving

Tyrique is a guy who can surprise in the NFL. Big, explosive, versatile and, unlike some of our recent guys, physical.

His best position is the nickel position he played at Georgia. He was our best outside corner, though, and that experience will hopefully add to his versatility at the next level.

IDK how good He is at playing zone, but with His tackling ability He'd be a good Cover-2 CB. He'd be a good fit for the Steelers quarter, quarter, half scheme.

As a Canes fan I wish him the best.
As a Dolphins fan, I wouldn’t want to draft him.
Would say that doesn’t bold well.

Advertisement
He's a good football player. I hope the NFL recognizes his talent and doesn't overlook him because of our season.

Wasn’t that part of the reason he entered the transfer portal? UGA had him at S but he wanted to be a CB?
Different game in the NFL though...you play where they tell you to play or you don't play at all. What is it like, 1st and 2nd rounders only get guaranteed $$$? Outside of the 50K type sign on bonuses given to the later rounds....

I'd love to see Rique in a Cowboys-Ravens-Belichick led DEF.

Was hurt when he licked uga
Then I was over hyping him when he transferred bc the other cbs were so bad
Was hoping he could be antrelle rolle lite
He’s avg boundary cb at best
He should come back and play more safety/nickel and not boundary cb and build his draft stock
When Gms turn on that take and see wrs repeatedly just run past him, it’s not gonna be good
He needs better tape

Advertisement
Back