Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Come on u really think if UGA lost there last three games Tyson wasnt going there? cmon man
Never said that. This is a multi layered discussion and Tyson probably goes to UGA even if they lose three and we had only lost one. My point was solely that we havent won yet. I don’t care if we won 10 and almost 11 @orange&green84, we lost our last three and by the standards we want to get back to, that isn’t winning. Better than we have done in a long time? Absolutely but we tanked at the end of the year and it was easy pickings for negative recruiting as @Rellyrell stated.

’Winning’ isnt losing to Pitt, getting neutered by Clemson and then losing your bowl game which was essentially a home game. If that’s winning, then that is depressing.

Won nattys in the 80s , 90s, early 2000s and some kids still picked schools elsewhere. You won’t get everyone no matter how good things may be clicking. It’s all about relationships and in some cases bags at the end of the day
its hurting us now because hidden gems arent anymore with the camps and social media, i dont see how people cant see that

With the way UGA boosters are committed to winning he will win a title there soon or at least be a top 5 team annually. I will never root for UF fuq them, I for one want in on the bag game.....I think MR is a great hire will get us back to the top 15 and be in the playoff hunt but I think maybe our next hire has to be a Saban guy IMO someone from that tree bout that life. But thats talk for another day Im happy where we are on the field though we could be way better and should be because we r the U, but this is whats killing us and keeping us from dominating.

As long as Stuart Miller is running the BOT, u may get your wish with Cristobal. He’s about “that life” as u put it.

Advertisement
Never said that. This is a multi layered discussion and Tyson probably goes to UGA even if they lose three and we had only lost one. My point was solely that we havent won yet. I don’t care if we won 10 and almost 11 @orange&green84, we lost our last three and by the standards we want to get back to, that isn’t winning. Better than we have done in a long time? Absolutely but we tanked at the end of the year and it was easy pickings for negative recruiting as @Rellyrell stated.

’Winning’ isnt losing to Pitt, getting neutered by Clemson and then losing your bowl game which was essentially a home game. If that’s winning, then that is depressing.

So why aren't all of these other programs held to the same standard? That's what I keep waiting for. Yet I don't get a clear answer.

Also, given our last decade, I would absolutely take the season we had last year.

Not here to say anything about TS because others have already said what I'm thinking.

I will say that people should still wait and see on Kirby Smart. That's a fact. Dude shouldn't get credit for "going to the 'ship" with "MR's guys" in two years if he doesn't also get bagged on for going 7-5 the year after Richt left (following 9 and 10-win seasons in MR's last two years).

Dude has benefitted from a weak a$$ SEC East at the perfect time, and avoided Bama his last two years. He also had 30+ seniors on his team last season. Credit? Sure. But IMO it's not so clear that UGA is the next juggernaut some people are making them out to be.

its hurting us now because hidden gems arent anymore with the camps and social media, i dont see how people cant see that
Has nothing to do with it, there was always sleepers even back then as there are even now who slip through the cracks

Advertisement
Not here to say anything about TS because others have already said what I'm thinking.

I will say that people should still wait and see on Kirby Smart. That's a fact. Dude shouldn't get credit for "going to the 'ship" with "MR's guys" in two years if he doesn't also get bagged on for going 7-5 the year after Richt left (following 9 and 10-win seasons in MR's last two years).

Dude has benefitted from a weak a$$ SEC East at the perfect time, and avoided Bama his last two years. He also had 30+ seniors on his team last season. Credit? Sure. But IMO it's not so clear that UGA is the next juggernaut some people are making them out to be.
Smarts first year at UGA was trash with MR players.....2nd year they lost one game with the same kids. He doesntget credit for that? I hate to defend the bytch but he has the signs of being a elite coach right now IMO. This year will tell alot

Smarts first year at UGA was trash with MR players.....2nd year they lost one game with the same kids. He doesntget credit for that? I hate to defend the bytch but he has the signs of being a elite coach right now IMO. This year will tell alot
They lost 2 games
Smart 21-7
Richt 19-7 the last 2 years(really 20-7)
Yet some act like smart is doing mythical sh*t coaching wise. Recruiting yeah he’s an upgrade over richt whom by the way in 15 years only had 2 classes outside the top 10 at uga which is great recruiting but bags will do that for you and enhance your recruiting. Coley wasn’t pulling many elite recruits at Miami and he was here for 3-4 years or so, how is he doing it at uga? Bags

Richt went what 8-4 his first season at uga
Smart 8-5 first year at uga

2nd years at uga
Richt 13-1
Smart 13-2

So why aren't all of these other programs held to the same standard? That's what I keep waiting for. Yet I don't get a clear answer.

Also, given our last decade, I would absolutely take the season we had last year.
Some of it has to do with what Rell said in his post, some of it has to do with money being thrown around, and the current enemy UGA did actually win last year. They made to the final game and lost in overtime.

Advertisement
As long as Stuart Miller is running the BOT, u may get your wish with Cristobal. He’s about “that life” as u put it.

Yup. Although, I think people need to be careful of what they wish for. From my perception (and it's certainly not entirely accurate), Cristobal screams recruiter and wanting to play the bag game. But he strikes me as someone who's not a great gameday coach. I'm actually thrilled that he's at Oregon because I'll be watching them for the next couple of years. I hope he does well up there and removes that negative stigma that some have.

But for me, I'll take a guy like Richt who knows what he's doing and not willing to go into the bag game like UGA is doing right now.

My dream scenario would be that Richt spends the better part of the decade here, wins a natty then rides off into the sunset. Cristobal proves that he can actually coach and win at Oregon then comes to Miami and keeps the machine humming. Again, this is a dream scenario. Doesn't mean it'll actually happen.

That's not what I said. I said he shouldn't get all the credit for 2017 while ignoring that 2016 was a pretty ****** year for the Georgia Bulldogs. He was at the helm for that one, too.

The events that led to last season were a perfect storm for Smart. 1) Weak SEC East and 2) senior laden program from loaded recruiting classes brought in by Richt. I think both of those things could cause a regression.

Advertisement
Has nothing to do with it, there was always sleepers even back then as there are even now who slip through the cracks
There were alot more back then....yes some slip through but u better be on target with it.

I agree that you wait and see on Smart but based on what’s there, if our coach did what Smart did his second year, your tune would be much different. Smart could end up like Muschamp who showed promise at first with UF. Sure, but UGA sucked the last year under Richt, struggled Smart’s first year and then blew up. If you can’t understand the hype, I don’t know what to say.

Some people want to win an argument just for the sake of winning an argument.
What can u do?

I used to think like everyone else that kids came to schools cause of wins and learned throughout the years that great players went to bad teams which contradicted that. Looked deeper and paid close attention and figured out its about money plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back