Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
I get what you're saying and I generally agree, but bad coaching kills man. They had an elite defense last season and still got beat on a throw from a True Freshman QB to a True Freshman WR. Not bc of any athletic advantage/disadvantage but bc of bad coaching. No way they should've lost to Bama in the NC.

That's what I'm getting at. Kirby has put a lot of elite recruiters around him. Mel Tucker has NFL experience, but it's bad experience which to me equates only to living rooms, not actual on-field performance. These 4 and 5 star kids will need to still be coached up.

Advertisement
its not about excuses but that started an exodus. even after peterson the kids didnt leave in mass like they did after the quincy stuff went down. at first they went to UF, now i everyone says UGA and Bama dropping them bags so it is what it is.

It's silly to think our struggles in DB boils down to Quincy and Chad Wilson. We had an incompetent staff AND will always have to hoard off SEC Bagmen. Kids willing to turn down hundreds of thousands in cash (if they are 5 stars) and want to come here will come.

You say everyone ain’t coming here so it doesn’t mean much to me at least
Dont back pedal on that statement because Im right broski, I hold my L's with dignity and I admit if Im wrong. U made it seem like people here were wrong for doubting TS with posts that u would reply saying why do u think that and **** like that. We seasoned and have seen this before, u cant explain u cant give a reason u just feel it and u know it and boom it becomes fact. Kid is getting paid like Tyson was and like the next best kid next cycle. I thought Hall was a Cane.....will i be right all the time? no......but dont get tight at people who seem negative when they are here for opinions unless its obvious trolling

The thing is though, Saban's still an elite coach, even though I hate that douche bag. Kirby had a perfect storm (31 seniors and top JR talent in Roaquan Smith). And just missed out on a title. Richt's players are getting phased out more and Kirby's are starting to take their place. How UGA does this year and next year will be more telling of his tenure. I'm hoping that UGA becomes the next Ole Miss.
Im hoping but they did look good he did a good job with MR's guys and they played similar ball to bama, run run run and spread it a bit stingy defense. They did look good

Advertisement
I get what you're saying and I generally agree, but bad coaching kills man. They had an elite defense last season and still got beat on a throw from a True Freshman QB to a True Freshman WR. Not bc of any athletic advantage/disadvantage but bc of bad coaching. No way they should've lost to Bama in the NC.
The reason they lost bama had to much superior talent and i think its slowly tilting in UGA's favor or getting even, i think with 2 more classes the way they are going the will be leveled with bama

Im hoping but they did look good he did a good job with MR's guys and they played similar ball to bama, run run run and spread it a bit stingy defense. They did look good

It seemed he ran a similar offense to what Richt was trying to implement there. At UGA, he always put a heavy emphasis on the run. Problem for him was that a key points in the season, Sony or Chubb would go down with an injury. Kirby also got lucky that Fromm turned out to be a decent QB when their other QB (forget that dude's name) went down.

I'm just saying, I need to see a larger sample size from ol' Kirby. I saw Helfrich take Oregon's squad (right after Chip Kelly left) to the national title game after beating the brakes off FSU in the playoffs. We saw how that one went down afterwards.

The reason they lost bama had to much superior talent and i think its slowly tilting in UGA's favor or getting even, i think with 2 more classes the way they are going the will be leveled with bama

Eh, I'm not sure about that. Bama is the most talented team in the nation. But UGA had always recruited in the top 10. Remember, Kirby took over for Richt whom still recruited at a high level. The talent level may have favored Bama, but it's not by a wide margin which the context of your post seems to indicate.

Advertisement
Eh, I'm not sure about that. Bama is the most talented team in the nation. But UGA had always recruited in the top 10. Remember, Kirby took over for Richt whom still recruited at a high level. The talent level may have favored Bama, but it's not by a wide margin which the context of your post seems to indicate.
Uga and for the first time I can Remember in a long time didn’t have any significant injuries to key players outside of Eason.

they will spin this with that or wins or some BS excuse, the number one excuse was we werent winning. Then we won last year but it wasnt enought.........next it will be the stadium then our cleats then our locker room. It has nothing to do with that its about paper period.
Losing three in a row to close out the season isn’t winning though. We have yet to have a Miami caliber season in nearly a decade and a half.

Advertisement
Agree to disagree fair enough

Losing three in a row to close out the season isn’t winning though. We have yet to have a Miami caliber season in nearly a decade and a half.

Miami had a 10-win season (would've been 11 for Arky St.) and went to the Orange Bowl. There's not a lot of schools that consistently do that. Again, why is Miami seemingly the only school that's held to this winning at a high-level standard?

Advertisement
**** it, pointless.
This is why I eased up on recruiting, all my favorite sfla prospects we never get. The ones who I see and say yo this kid is other worldly they go elsewhere because other $chools see the same **** I see and throw bags at them.

Come on u really think if UGA lost there last three games Tyson wasnt going there? cmon man

TC would've went there had they gone 8-4. People need to stop using winning as the only excuse. Miami could go 12-0, win a natty and we'll lose out on a kid here and there. Posters would then come out and say we need to do that consistently in back-to-back years (something that we've never done).

TC would've went there had they gone 8-4. People need to stop using winning as the only excuse. Miami could go 12-0, win a natty and we'll lose out on a kid here and there. Posters would then come out and say we need to do that consistently in back-to-back years (something that we've never done).
Won nattys in the 80s , 90s, early 2000s and some kids still picked schools elsewhere. You won’t get everyone no matter how good things may be clicking. It’s all about relationships and in some cases bags at the end of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back