Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Even Ferman said weeks ago street agents were involved. He’s the least connected guy recruiting wise and he even said it as far back as the Opening.

So did Stevenson officially announce his commitment or is everyone whining off some CB's? Is he a heavy lean or dare I say a silent commit to GA... it looks and sounds that way. But **** y'all. I'm not saying that y'all shouldn't read the tea leaves but he's not a GA commit yet no matter how much it looks that way.

Me personally I'll follow this recruitment out to the end. If he chooses GA oh well. The staff is doing everything that they can do if bags is what he wants or if it's just about leaving Miami then congrats to him. I hope for his sake he doesn't regret leaving if he chooses to. With or without him we will win a chip between now and 2021. 2018 class is going to prove to be special. The early returns already look great. I can't wait until the season starts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So I guess the question becomes, who are the elite guys who will be walking out of town next cycle so we can scratch them off our list now?

One of the UGA posters has been having a conversation with some Canes on our 247 site on Stevenson. His words;

They’re selling Stevenson on being like Minkah Fitzpatrick. Kirby coached DB’s and so has Mel. Saban was a part of it but that doesn’t mean Kirby and Mel can’t use it to recruit.

But but but we have some dumbass posters who think our coaches resumes stack up against the elite cause they can claim Colbert, Jenkins and Carter in the league hahahah. Time for some of y’all to face it that we are just flat out getting beat on the trail because our staff is green. No other way around it. I at least believe Rumph can coach so I’m not worried there....my biggest concern in the staff right now is with Banda. He is the least deserving of his role. He wouldn’t be on any other D1 staff in America. He is Diaz’s homeboy and the hype man, but he is falling short on the recruiting trail right now!

I don’t blame Rumph; I blame Golden.

Back in 2013, after we faltered and got embarrassed by Teddy B and UL on National TV (who made it cool to diss us w no repercussion), I said Golden gotta go. If he stays beyond that season, damage could be done for recruiting classes in the future.

Since 2013, when Golden went in to hiding, after sour pussing b/c he didn’t get the PSU job, dude stopped contacting recruits, causing distrust w parents, handlers, and coaches as uncertainty was in the air. Subsequently, kids we thought were Cane locks were snatched by $EC programs.

Furthermore, our rep in developing players, guys like T Howard and D Bush took a huge PR hit, and teams negatively recruited the ish out of us for it. It wasn’t just the facilities; it was now, ‘look at what happened to the # 1 DB in the nation when he stayed home instead of going elsewhere.’

Keeping Golden until 2015 hurt us. Richt has had to try to repair damaged fences and a damage rep. However, he too has a damaged rep, whether we all want to believe it or not. Everyone likes Richt, but UGA going to the CFP and subsequent championship game in two years under Smart hurt more than we can imagine. Now Kirby can say, not only can we “take care” of u, but look at what we’re doing as a program, look at what I did w his players, and look at the studs I’ve got drafted in the 1st round.

Gentlemen, as much as we clown Kirby Dumb, as much as we root and bleed for this Orange & Green; it’s also time to step in to reality. Golden ******** over local recruits, not giving a darn about this program, hurt us locally. Richt coming w the rep of not being able to win the big one and having a staff of unproven guys, has hurt us.

This season can FINALLY rid us of a lot of bull chit that’s followed us for 13 long yrs. Having guys like MJ and JJ making All ACC squads, All American squads, and getting drafted in the first couple of rounds can bolster Rumph’s resume and mouth piece to recruits.

If we accomplish what we’re supposed to this season, it’s going to have a tremendous ripple effect; but if we falter, go on a long losing streak again, we’ll just be considered a shinier version of 2005-2016.

Speaking straight facts as usual. I have been saying the same thing about UGA.

Advertisement
Rumph isnt even recruiting stevenson.
Exactly. Has ZERO to do with Rumph. And frankly, Banda's relationship with him is probably what has kept us in it this long.

The kid wants out of Florida. He has said it without saying it bluntly. All the way back to May. Not saying there aren't "incentives" that make that more attractive. But imo, he wants to go for a lot of reasons.

So I guess the question becomes, who are the elite guys who will be walking out of town next cycle so we can scratch them off our list now?

Kids like TC and TS, if they don’t commit early despite being on campus all the time (TS) or knowing the CB coach basically his whole life (TC) or whatever reason we think we get them, it’s time to move on.

Richt will slowly change this over time but it’s a solid principle to follow for the time being.

Note- I’m talking about moving on from a fans POV, the coaches obviously still should go all out for elite guys.

Advertisement
Lmao smh...

Didn't you say some of us aren't emotionally stable enough to follow recruiting & be acting like scorn bhitches?

Not tryna bag on you Brock, but this is why sometimes the tough guy act is just dumb. Yes, some people are hyper-emotional negative nancies who never think we're getting anybody & they should be ignored, but some of us just understand what's going on in recruitng from a different level.

I believed we had a real shot at Tyrique earlier in the year as well, but by June it became apparent what was going on. That interview he did shed major insight into what was happening, it was ripe with red flags, but people just ignore it.

That would be me, El. He lambasted the pussificaifon of our fan base when I was attempting to tell everyone, as you have been, that the red flags have been evident for months now.

Brock, you bring some good content to this site, but you’re still a young pup and you have much to learn, not just in recruiting, but in life.

Your optimism often times becomes confused with reality and you think that everyone’s comments are emotionally driven. Sometimes you have to take off the orange and green glasses and take a step back to see what’s really going on.

Anyways, I’m just as bothered as everyone else that we failed to land another top DB from our backyard. But the expectation that he wasn’t coming here for a long time now softens the blow. Onto the next one, the sun will rise tomorrow and we’re going to kick the **** out of L$U in 12 days.

Kirby and Mel have been at UGA for 2 years, and had zero DBs drafted. Banda and Rumph same time frame have had 3 DBs drafted, and they helped develop Colbert who is the best of the bunch.

Kirby and Tucker stink, and the only thing they can point to is bags.

Kirby and Mel have been at UGA for 2 years, and had zero DBs drafted. Banda and Rumph same time frame have had 3 DBs drafted, and they helped develop Colbert who is the best of the bunch.

very good point. i never thought carter and colbert would be getting burn in the nfl like they are.

UGA won last year with a ton of richt recruits.

Advertisement

Can’t say that boss.

Like, that narrative gotta go, bro. Smart is walking around dripping w rings. Mel is using his time at Bama plus his time in the NFL (although he absolutely stinks). Smart is rightly saying I was the coach of Bama’s secondary and look at the guys I’ve sent. He can say that. He can also now say look what I’m doing in only my 2nd year.

We just need to take care of business; we need to have the lime light shinned upon us; we just need our DBs to rep. Once we do that, everything else will eventually take care of itself.

Don’t get me wrong, bags are playing a role, but being that one of my best friend’s has now had 3 of relatives go through the recruiting process and I got a taste of it w them just being high 3 stars....I can tell u, quickest path to the NFL is still a leading cause for kids to go to certain schools.

Schools like Ole Miss was just throwing out crazy loot to recruits, even crazier than Bama; but these kids and their parents r front runners. Front runners taking cash, too. But pls believe if UGA didn’t go to the National Championship game and they went 8-5 again, we wouldn’t be having this discussion regarding Stevenson.

yup scratch them off, uga or bama wont allow us to get on them because there dirty when it comes to elite sfla dbs.

very good point. i never thought carter and colbert would be getting burn in the nfl like they are.

UGA won last year with a ton of richt recruits.

Which was a double edge sword. He took Richt’s recruits and did something in 2 yrs that Richt didn’t accomplish in 15; going to the national championship game. I’m telling u for a fact that’s been parroted. Hiring UGA’s former coach was going to come w a narrative, ESPECIALLY if Smart became successful at UGA.

Personally, I think they come back to earth. I don’t think much of Smart as a coach...but that still doesn’t take away that he can now brag about his time at Bama, what he accomplished in only 2 yrs w Richt’s former players, and the having booster $$$ behind him.

Which was a double edge sword. He took Richt’s recruits and did something in 2 yrs that Richt didn’t accomplish in 15; going to the national championship game. I’m telling u for a fact that’s been parroted. Hiring UGA’s former coach was going to come w a narrative, ESPECIALLY if Smart became successful at UGA.

Personally, I think they come back to earth. I don’t think much of Smart as a coach...but that still doesn’t take away that he can now brag about his time at Bama, what he accomplished in only 2 yrs w Richt’s former players, and the having booster $$$ behind him.

we basically have same opinion. You are right. i mean I didnt want richt, then i heard the back story and saw what he is doing on the field.
I think richt is an UM/FSU speed guy and UGA always wanted that SEC style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back