Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Whatever, this sucks but there is still enough talent to keep stocking the cupboard. We are a year away from really competing with the big boys, we need to break into the elite ranks and hopefully we can land some of these elite DBs. We obviously don’t have the cash to throw around, so winning maybe our only hope at this point.

One of the UGA posters has been having a conversation with some Canes on our 247 site on Stevenson. His words;

They’re selling Stevenson on being like Minkah Fitzpatrick. Kirby coached DB’s and so has Mel. Saban was a part of it but that doesn’t mean Kirby and Mel can’t use it to recruit.

Lol so Banda & Rumph have been lapped the "Minkah Fitzpatrick" sales pitch 2 cycles in a row now while we lead the nation in turnovers, run more nickel/dime looks than any other program in the country and have an All-American hybrid safety. Guys something does not add up here? I'm down to start a gofundme to send these two to a sales course or multiple.

I think you guys are comparing apples to oranges.
Sofla elite db’s and receivers are in the same boat as elite 5 star DT’s.
Huge bags needed regardless of season record friends or legacy. Ryque goes to uga even if we make the playoffs and they don’t.
Some dudes just want to be canes and give the middle finger to those 5 star bags. And those dudes all have one thing in common: they play in the nfl.
We’ve all seen enough dudes play HS down here to know who’s going in while some others end up developing later on.
Some kids see the bigger picture and some don’t.
The dudes that played here that are in the league all say it’s jist different at the U. But these kids think it’s just fan boy talk.
No one said JJ was going to the league but our Coaches and our sc program made him into a potential day 1 pick.
Kool paves to bama and they don’t skip a beat
I guarantee you if Rumph leaves he’ll get scooped up in less than 24hrs and lol to canebalza if uga scopps him up. This years nfl draft will have two 3 star db’s go in day 1 throwing up the U.
Go make your bread Ryque. I guess royalty can by loyalty. You can go to any school and make it to the nfl but you don’t want to rep the home squad for some quick shine.
I hope that staff over at uga can make you a day 1 draft pick.
Rumph and co already prove they can with dudes that would looking for work if they went somewhere else.

Advertisement
Lol so Banda & Rumph have been lapped the "Minkah Fitzpatrick" sales pitch 2 cycles in a row now while we lead the nation in turnovers, run more nickel/dime looks than any other program in the country and have an All-American hybrid safety. Guys something does not add up here? I'm down to start a gofundme to send these two to a sales course or multiple.
You'd be better off donating that money to a booster because that's the only way you compete with uga and Baga at this point.

You're right. I have to hand it to Rumph, he may not be able to land kids he recruited to his own HS program, but at least he can land Frank Gores cousin.
did golden land quincy wilson? just because he is frank gores cousin, doesnt mean he wasnt recruited. How many kids who had familial ties to this program went elsewhere? if he went elsewhere you would be freaking out about losing gore's cousin.

Advertisement
If you don't think bags are at play, UGA is now landing elite basketball recruits. 2 committed today, they got rid of Mark Fox who was unwilling to play the game and now Tom Crean seems to be all in.

We'll see how it plays out. And come December, if he doesn't wanna be a Cane, who gives a ****. Next man up on the recruiting board. At the end of the day we're going to get studs, its all about talent development.

Can we just schedule UGA at home in 2022 and away in 2023

Told ya'll, when a kid visits as much as he did and still doesn't commit, that's a problem. Wasn't feeling him from the jump. He had Jobe written all over him, just w/o being committed.
Jobe straight up was disrespect I never wish anything bad on a player (especially if they handle their recruiting in a professional manner) but I really hope he just tears something or washes out

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t blame Rumph; I blame Golden.

Back in 2013, after we faltered and got embarrassed by Teddy B and UL on National TV (who made it cool to diss us w no repercussion), I said Golden gotta go. If he stays beyond that season, damage could be done for recruiting classes in the future.

Since 2013, when Golden went in to hiding, after sour pussing b/c he didn’t get the PSU job, dude stopped contacting recruits, causing distrust w parents, handlers, and coaches as uncertainty was in the air. Subsequently, kids we thought were Cane locks were snatched by $EC programs.

Furthermore, our rep in developing players, guys like T Howard and D Bush took a huge PR hit, and teams negatively recruited the ish out of us for it. It wasn’t just the facilities; it was now, ‘look at what happened to the # 1 DB in the nation when he stayed home instead of going elsewhere.’

Keeping Golden until 2015 hurt us. Richt has had to try to repair damaged fences and a damage rep. However, he too has a damaged rep, whether we all want to believe it or not. Everyone likes Richt, but UGA going to the CFP and subsequent championship game in two years under Smart hurt more than we can imagine. Now Kirby can say, not only can we “take care” of u, but look at what we’re doing as a program, look at what I did w his players, and look at the studs I’ve got drafted in the 1st round.

Gentlemen, as much as we clown Kirby Dumb, as much as we root and bleed for this Orange & Green; it’s also time to step in to reality. Golden ******** over local recruits, not giving a darn about this program, hurt us locally. Richt coming w the rep of not being able to win the big one and having a staff of unproven guys, has hurt us.

This season can FINALLY rid us of a lot of bull chit that’s followed us for 13 long yrs. Having guys like MJ and JJ making All ACC squads, All American squads, and getting drafted in the first couple of rounds can bolster Rumph’s resume and mouth piece to recruits.

If we accomplish what we’re supposed to this season, it’s going to have a tremendous ripple effect; but if we falter, go on a long losing streak again, we’ll just be considered a shinier version of 2005-2016.

Back in 2013, after we faltered and got embarrassed by Teddy B and UL on National TV (who made it cool to diss us w no repercussion), I said Golden gotta go. If he stays beyond that season, damage could be done for recruiting classes in the future.

Since 2013, when Golden went in to hiding, after sour pussing b/c he didn’t get the PSU job, dude stopped contacting recruits, causing distrust w parents, handlers, and coaches as uncertainty was in the air. Subsequently, kids we thought were Cane locks were snatched by $EC programs.

Furthermore, our rep in developing players, guys like T Howard and D Bush took a huge PR hit, and teams negatively recruited the ish out of us for it. It wasn’t just the facilities; it was now ‘look at what happened to the # 1 DB in the nation when he stayed home instead of going elsewhere.’

Keeping Golden until 2015 hurt us. Richt has had to try to repair damaged fences and a damage rep. However, he too has a damaged rep, whether we all want to believe it or not. Everyone likes Richt, but UGA going to the CFP and subsequent championship game in two years under Smart hurt more than we can imagine. Now Kirby can say, not only can we “take care” of u, but look at what we’re doing as a program, look at what I did w his players, and look at the studs I’ve got drafted in the 1st round.

Gentlemen, as much as we clown Kirby Dumb, as much as we root and bleed for this Orange & Green; it’s also time to step in to reality. Golden ******** over local recruits, not giving a darn about this program, hurt us locally. Richt coming w the rep of not being able to win the big one and having a staff of unproven guys, has hurt us.

This season can FINALLY rid us of a lot of bull chit that’s followed us for 13 long yrs. Having guys like MJ and JJ making All ACC squads, All American squads, and getting drafted in the first couple of rounds can bolster Rumph’s resume and mouth piece to recruits.

If we accomplish what we’re supposed to this season, it’s going to have a tremendous ripple effect; but if we falter, go on a long losing streak again, we’ll just be considered a shinier version of 2005-2016.
I fully agree .. but the other factors of why we kept Golden around to 2015
1 Shalala
2 we were just too frugal befor s

Advertisement

Furthermore, our rep in developing players, guys like T Howard and D Bush took a huge PR hit, and teams negatively recruited the ish out of us for it. It wasn’t just the facilities; it was now, ‘look at what happened to the # 1 DB in the nation when he stayed home instead of going elsewhere.’

You do know banda is recruiting stevenson not rumph?

The problem is you guys are selective when it comes to "accountability".

Dugans, Hartley, Searels, & even Brown have missed on targets before you all just don't care because you hold the Defensive staff to a different standard. Donk missed on Jerry Jeudy, Jeremiah Holloman & Devonta Smith (who ended up catching the game winning TD in the National Championship game), but nobody holds it against him because we got Harley, Thomas, Pope, Hightower & Wiggins. Hartley missed on Tre McKitty, but redeemed himself with Jordan & Mallory.

Banda & Rumph have had a number of misses, but you guys never want to give them credit for the guys they landed to redeem themselves.

Also, a lot of yall are just rookies to this crootin' game & too gullible to see how things are going to work out in the long run which is why yall get so bent outta shape when we miss on these DB's.

The misses you listed are not the same. Jeudy had been recruited by Saban and his staff before when he was still a 4 star and wasn’t the number 1 WR in the nation. He got that bump late in his senior season and got his 5th star. Golden didn’t even look at the kid and he was already pinned to Bama before CMR even got hired. Even getting to the party late, Dugans made a real push and the kid was flirting with us and Saban put his foot/bags down and the kid panicked and committed. He did the same thing with Dylan Moses that year with us as well. Holloman was boys with DJ but is from Georgia. He ultimately went to his home school. And Smith is from Louisiana. Had LSU not taken a **** on themselves, they would’ve had him. He was real interested but being that he’s from the bayou and if you’re not going to LSU the next idea is Bama. So I put us at a 50/50 on that one not including the bags.

But TS is in our backyard. And that’s why it’s not the same. Those misses have to stop. I agree 100%, Banda and Rumph get the bulk of the heat. I for one think they’ve gotten a bunch of good guys and more importantly have developed them in to elite players. But to be extraordinary, we need that extra across the board. We have to start landing the premier players again that fit our system and most importantly are in our backyard.

Locker must've been stuffed with cash.

Dude visited UGA and stopped by here on his return. Just to get that bag stuffed more for his next visit to SEC bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back