Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
A source close to Stevenson and one around the Miami program believes the Bulldogs are firmly in the driver’s seat for the nation’s No. 5 cornerback per the 247Sports Composite. It would be another South Florida coup for Kirby Smart and his staff after inking Tyson Campbell from the same area in the 2018 cycle.

That's from Wiltfong's statement

A source close to Stevenson and one around the Miami program believes the Bulldogs are firmly in the driver’s seat for the nation’s No. 5 cornerback per the 247Sports Composite. It would be another South Florida coup for Kirby Smart and his staff after inking Tyson Campbell from the same area in the 2018 cycle.

That's from Wiltfong's statement
Yea that’s what I was referring to. It’s good that we know tho.

Another great DB taken right from us. We gotta stop with the excuses and all that bags this bags that bs. Gotta step it up and just recruit better. I hate blaming coaches but Hartley, Dugans and even Searels are facing the same alleged “bags” and are doing just fine. We gotta have accountability eventually.

Advertisement
So they have no cb that I know of in the leauge and like 4-5 safties but now they are pulling top cb? Nothing fishy.

So they have no cb that I know of in the leauge and like 4-5 safties but now they are pulling top cb? Nothing fishy.
Doesn’t matter. Even if there are bags involved we have landed top players recently like pope and Lingard. We faced bags and won. It’s not impossible it’s just an excuse. Just so happens that we start loosing players to bags only on the defensive side of the ball. Gotta do a lot better or start making people accountable.

Advertisement
It’s **** near embarrassing at this point. Can’t keep top defensive players down here for ****. Y’all know I have always defended the coaches but it gets to a point that enough is enough.

Another great DB taken right from us. We gotta stop with the excuses and all that bags this bags that bs. Gotta step it up and just recruit better. I hate blaming coaches but Hartley, Dugans and even Searels are facing the same alleged “bags” and are doing just fine. We gotta have accountability eventually.
Dugans lost out on two WRs to Bama in the last two seasons as well from South Florida. I’m not sure about offensive linemen from the area. Only one that’s gotten everyone he’s wanted to date is Hartley. Don’t get selective memory bc you’re mad and want to discredit the defensive coaching staff.

Doesn’t matter. Even if there are bags involved we have landed top players recently like pope and Lingard. We faced bags and won. It’s not impossible it’s just an excuse. Just so happens that we start loosing players to bags only on the defensive side of the ball. Gotta do a lot better or start making people accountable.
I'm not saying it's acceptable but they don't put dbs into the leauge but they just start poaching all the big time dbs? Not just South Florida either. I think our defensive recruiting definitely lags our offense.

Advertisement
The problem is you guys are selective when it comes to "accountability".

Dugans, Hartley, Searels, & even Brown have missed on targets before you all just don't care because you hold the Defensive staff to a different standard. Donk missed on Jerry Jeudy, Jeremiah Holloman & Devonta Smith (who ended up catching the game winning TD in the National Championship game), but nobody holds it against him because we got Harley, Thomas, Pope, Hightower & Wiggins. Hartley missed on Tre McKitty, but redeemed himself with Jordan & Mallory.

Banda & Rumph have had a number of misses, but you guys never want to give them credit for the guys they landed to redeem themselves.

Also, a lot of yall are just rookies to this crootin' game & too gullible to see how things are going to work out in the long run which is why yall get so bent outta shape when we miss on these DB's.

Last edited:
Oh well then **** it just try to flip Nunn and get MAR in the fold and continue to negative recruit OSU and see what happens with Battle. Nothing you can do if Soflo kids aren't as prideful and loyal to the city like some past greats were.

Advertisement
Oh well , recruiting has been weird this year and I don’t understand why. No point in following this sh*t this year at least, fvck it the season about to start anyway:stephenahand:
Lmao smh...

Didn't you say some of us aren't emotionally stable enough to follow recruiting & be acting like scorn bhitches?

Not tryna bag on you Brock, but this is why sometimes the tough guy act is just dumb. Yes, some people are hyper-emotional negative nancies who never think we're getting anybody & they should be ignored, but some of us just understand what's going on in recruitng from a different level.

I believed we had a real shot at Tyrique earlier in the year as well, but by June it became apparent what was going on. That interview he did shed major insight into what was happening, it was ripe with red flags, but people just ignore it.

The problem is you guys are selective when it comes to "accountability".

Dugans, Hartley, Searels, & even Brown have missed on targets before you all just don't care because you hold the Defensive staff to a different standard. Donk missed on Jeremiah Holloman & Devonta Smith (who ended up catching the game winning TD in the National Championship game), but nobody holds it against him because we got Harley, Thomas, Pope, Hightower & Wiggins. Hartley missed on Tre McKitty, but redeemed himself with Jordan & Mallory.

Banda & Rumph have had a number of misses, but you guys never want to give them credit for the guys they landed to redeem themselves.

Also, a lot of yall are just rookies to this crootin' game & too gullible to see how things are going to work out in the long run which is why yall get so bent outta shape when we miss on these DB's.
I think this is what too many people continue to miss, especially since Richt touched down.

We've been missing out on elite talents, but ppl act like we're still settling for the Larry Hope's and Nate Dortch's of the world. We're still bringing in quality, NFL potential talent capable of beating the man in front of them. It really doesn't matter by how much you beat the guy on the other side, as long as you beat him.

I like our WR's against any DB unit in the nation, just as I like our DB's against any WR unit in the nation.

I'd bet good money that our DB class last cycle turns out better than UGA's, but you'd never know that bc we lost out one guy.

Told ya'll, when a kid visits as much as he did and still doesn't commit, that's a problem. Wasn't feeling him from the jump. He had Jobe written all over him, just w/o being committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back