Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
You miss every shot you don’t take. People who can’t stand the ebbs and flows of recruiting need to get out the paint honestly. There are going to be battles and you have to win them at the end of they day. Did Nick Saban give up recruiting Reuben foster who had arguably the wildest recruitment ever? **** no because he knew how valuable that guy was
Miami never "Locked down Miami" even when they were winning champs in the late 80s. In fact, JJ's classes were the LEAST concentrated of sofla kids as any other recruiting class in history.
Yea but gems were gems......we had first look at prospects.
Not all of these kids are built the same. I'm sure Ahmmon and Chad were offered some sort of incentives for playing in Bama. Some kids may see the long term benefits (Chad probably saw connections for his music career in staying at Miami which will have more of a payoff than football for him) at staying in Miami.

But with taking bags, there's that risk that you're caught and your career goes down the drain, especially while you're still in college.
Agree not all kids are the same, but usually u can tell by the interviews in what they say who has been turned. U never heard Ahmon or Chad ever say maybe its good to get away or Gurvan Hall. usually in the interviews u cant believe alot but u can kind of get a sense that what side they are leaning when u hear the same BS that other kids said when they r about to leave us high and dry.
Also the percentage of getting caught is very vey very very very slim. Will it happen one day? i believe so but I cant tell the future.

Advertisement
Yea but gems were gems......we had first look at prospects.

Agree not all kids are the same, but usually u can tell by the interviews in what they say who has been turned. U never heard Ahmon or Chad ever say maybe its good to get away or Gurvan Hall. usually in the interviews u cant believe alot but u can kind of get a sense that what side they are leaning when u hear the same BS that other kids said when they r about to leave us high and dry.
so let me put some pieces together of stuff various posters have said and see if I understand:

1. Someone (some people) advised (convinced) TS to transfer to Southridge. This was for the purpose of having more control of what he does.

2. The Georgia game has been going on since the move - in reality, UM never had a shot.

3. anyone left at Southridge with loyalty to UM or even interest in UM has little or no pull to influence anything.

4. This was a done deal ages ago - most likely 'benefits' have been in place for awhile.

Do those of you who know of this think TS knew what was going on? Have we been getting played to some degree? IDK, my gut tells me this kid has genuinely been torn. FWIW, it's been said on other sites that this kid and his mother have been under incredible pressure. Is it possible they thought they could control the situation but found themselves in over their heads? IDK, This is like the wild west. Hate to sound naive but it's nuts.
I agree he showing love to UM so the backlash wont be that harsh when he returns as a pro, its like they want to come to UM but the bread is just too good to say no too. If yall watched God Father ole boy aint want to run pops business but he had too, they gave him an offer he couldnt refuse.

Exactly. I can't think of a single kid like this that we've ended up landing.
Wasn’t Stacy’s recruitment similar? Chad’s was a bit of a rollercoaster ride if I remember correctly, but yeah we lose out on more than we land, a simple understanding of percentages and the fact that we can’t possibly land EVERYONE we want is a fact most on here can’t seem to wrap their minds around. Things are trending up with the program on the field and in recruiting but to think that we have or should have the pick of the litter down here is absurd.

Which is why I called your drivel "FALSE" bravado you got **** simpleton. STFU and look at the landscape of cfb today and quit wasting oxygen for the rest of us you mouth breather.

Everytime we talk about recruiting..there is always a brilliant IDIOT like you talking about how Miami recruited 25 years ago. As if the former all state, all region, all county, parade all Americans were just all 3 stars.

SAND
What are talking bout *** I was talking bout Miami not over looking LSU and u said that false bravado **** that didn't make sense lol. I get it ur dumb *** didn't know what bravado meant used it wrong so now ur trying to act like you was talking bout recruiting. Carry on with ur false bravado 🤡 clown ***🤣😂. Use a dictionary next time 📖

Advertisement
What Southridge connection Brock? That Southridge squad right now under Shedrick Irvin is not Cooney's squad with Pope and Scaife.

Cooney's connections are through the 7on7 circuit not necessarily Southridge anymore. This is like Harbaugh thinking he had a pipeline in place at Flanagin because he hired Bush...where's that pipeline now?

Once TS transferred to Southridge the writing was on the wall. The mercenaries at Southridge won't be pressuring him on the daily like those boys at South Dade who have since committed. TS was playing chess and he out moved the Miami coaching staff - they need to realize there isn't any loyalty down here. The same dudes trashing the program under Shannon and Golden are currently on Richt's side until it be hooves them to trash the program again.

You keep playing the game but Richt should have moved on, and I would hope moving forward he would get these turncoats to show their hand earlier. By now he should have learned his lessons from TC, Jobe, TS, and the like.

Well written and extremely accurate post... interesting username...

Looking forward to following your posts moving forward

Wasn’t Stacy’s recruitment similar? Chad’s was a bit of a rollercoaster ride if I remember correctly, but yeah we lose out on more than we land, a simple understanding of percentages and the fact that we can’t possibly land EVERYONE we want is a fact most on here can’t seem to wrap their minds around. Things are trending up with the program on the field and in recruiting but to think that we have or should have the pick of the litter down here is absurd.

Stacy is one of my favorite all time canes but he looked sick to his stomach when he announced Miami.

Advertisement
Not
I agree he showing love to UM so the backlash wont be that harsh when he returns as a pro, its like they want to come to UM but the bread is just too good to say no too. If yall watched God Father ole boy aint want to run pops business but he had too, they gave him an offer he couldnt refuse.

Not so sure about that let us not forget this kid has stated publicly that Florida is his dream school and was once committed to Florida not us. I dont think he loves Miami as much as some may think but at the same time if we have a big year (win acc championship and make the playoffs) I think we can sway him.

What are talking bout *** I was talking bout Miami not over looking LSU and u said that false bravado **** that didn't make sense lol. I get it ur dumb *** didn't know what bravado meant used it wrong so now ur trying to act like you was talking bout recruiting. Carry on with ur false bravado 🤡 clown ***🤣😂. Use a dictionary next time 📖

Quit calling people dumb when you can’t even write a coherent sentence.

I read the first 5 words of this reply & had instant pity for you bc it’s crystal clear you were birthed out of an ******* into a toilet.

Go get your meds readjusted

Last edited:
Not

Not so sure about that let us not forget this kid has stated publicly that Florida is his dream school and was once committed to Florida not us. I dont think he loves Miami as much as some may think but at the same time if we have a big year (win acc championship and make the playoffs) I think we can sway him.

I've seen him rep Miami many times on social media and he's liked a bunch of Cane stuff. He likes The U. That's one of the two things that gives me any hope. The other is he plays on a Miami feeder school now. There will be pressure and influence on him to stay home. The longer this stretches out, the better our chances as Southridge starts to have more of an impact on him.

I definitely thinks he likes us but I dont think he's a die hard like Bandy was. Kids like Bandy and Duke truly love us and would of came here no matter what as long as they had offers. Thats not the case with TS

Advertisement
Well hopefully TS makes it to the league because more than likely he won’t be earning a degree from UGAy. I read an article in Forbes and it stated the graduation rate for African American football players is 41%.

I've seen him rep Miami many times on social media and he's liked a bunch of Cane stuff. He likes The U. That's one of the two things that gives me any hope. The other is he plays on a Miami feeder school now. There will be pressure and influence on him to stay home. The longer this stretches out, the better our chances as Southridge starts to have more of an impact on him.

No team coached by Shortdyck Irvin is going to be a “Miami feeder school.”

D33C6C40-B4E4-421C-A801-FEFBCDE3DF0D.jpeg

From rusty Mansel today uga 247

Advertisement
This sounds all well and good but the Miami staff "felt good" about Campbell and Jobe all last cycle too.
Im not gonna lie when i look back on TC recruitment, i dont know why i consider him to come here when he hardly visited here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back