Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Saban coaches the DB’s at Bama don’t be fooled. Smart lead Bama’s defense to multiple national championships and has sent a boatload of players to the NFL. It ain’t also about money like you all suggest. Sometimes we just flat out get beat and it’s happening more than it should....but that’s what happens when your staff/program doesn’t stack up to the top right now. We are a few years away from being with the top dogs. Rumph has actually recruited pretty well in my opinion.

Malek Young-HS All-American and starter before getting hurt
Bandy-Stud
Dean-#2 JUCO DB unfortunately he doesn’t understand how to play zone
Ivey, Blades and Frierson have potential to be elite.

We were never getting Surtain or TC so it’s hard to blame Rumph on those guys. Henderson he basically walked from after seeing Henderson being a little baby at the all-star game. Overall Rumph has been better than Banda. Banda is a great hype man but that doesn’t win recruiting battles very often.

That’s such a BS line – “we were never getting TC.”

And even if you do believe it, that should bother you that we were never in play for him.

Advertisement
Carter took the worst angles I have ever seen a safety take haha. Jenkins was solid before Banda and played about the same his senior year. Johnson is a beast and o reason anyone should have been down on him. He was an alpha dog from Dade and was being two seniors when he was a sophmore. That’s just people not letting kids develope and wait their turn. Redwine is serviceable and hasn’t shown anything that leads me to believe Banda can coach. All in all, I haven’t seen anything that proves Banda is a difference maker and he isn’t the elite recruiter some have made him out to be. We can’t have two “green” coaches leading our back end. The problem we have now is, we are stuck with him because Richt doesn’t fire coaches. Also, no elite DB coach is going to come in an split duties like we have it setup right now. We are what we are with coaches and ability with our DB’s. I still believe the OL and DL win championships so we have to hope Simpson another “green” coach is some hidden gym. I’m a huge Richt fan, but he has made some questionable hires with his staff and I’ll let it at that.

:rickflair2:

This class is really starting to really look pretty average. I'm much more optimistic on the 2020 class but it's a long way to go with that. After TS, it looks like Bogle is as good as gone too.

This class is really starting to really look pretty average. I'm much more optimistic on the 2020 class but it's a long way to go with that. After TS, it looks like Bogle is as good as gone too.
Aint going to win championships like that if u have one elite class followed by an ok class. That **** just doesnt happen

Advertisement
Carter took the worst angles I have ever seen a safety take haha. Jenkins was solid before Banda and played about the same his senior year. Johnson is a beast and o reason anyone should have been down on him. He was an alpha dog from Dade and was being two seniors when he was a sophmore. That’s just people not letting kids develope and wait their turn. Redwine is serviceable and hasn’t shown anything that leads me to believe Banda can coach. All in all, I haven’t seen anything that proves Banda is a difference maker and he isn’t the elite recruiter some have made him out to be. We can’t have two “green” coaches leading our back end. The problem we have now is, we are stuck with him because Richt doesn’t fire coaches. Also, no elite DB coach is going to come in an split duties like we have it setup right now. We are what we are with coaches and ability with our DB’s. I still believe the OL and DL win championships so we have to hope Simpson another “green” coach is some hidden gym. I’m a huge Richt fan, but he has made some questionable hires with his staff and I’ll let it at that.

I hope we find more hidden GYMS.

That’s such a BS line – “we were never getting TC.”

And even if you do believe it, that should bother you that we were never in play for him.

It does bother me and that’s why I’m pointing out our staffs flaws once again in this thread. TC was hyped in this board but wasnt in play after the summer hit last year.

Advertisement
You are a fool if you think this is the same. They are shelling huge dollars. Kirby has taken the Saban model and blown it up on steroid. Jimbo is out doing the same with A & M's money. College Football is out of control.

I def don’t think it’s the same; but paying players only get u so far. What’s working for Bama is not only are they paying players, but their winning and they have become a factory (granted, a high bust ratio) but nevertheless, a factory.

What I’m saying is that UGA is paying AND Smart can go around boasting rings from his time at Bama, but they JUST came off a CFP Finals. But if Kirby can’t sustain winning (which I wholeheartedly feel he can’t), like UF w Muschamp, all that hype will die down and bags won’t matter as much.

Look at LSU for instance or Auburn. They’re fallen off and u don’t hear bout kids rushing to them, except back yard kids.

We just need to take care of our business, period. We need to be able to say, “here’s our perks, come here, not only will u win, but we’ll help u obtain that long term money or u go to (x school) and we’ll ruin ur career.”

We don’t have that power. U don’t think us falling off for 3 games in a row is not hurting us? U don’t think Kirby is not telling these So Fla kids “see, this is y they hired me over that guy over there?” Of course that’s going on. U don’t think Coley is not negatively recruiting against us? Of course that’s happening.

So yes, bags are getting these young men, but our rep for 10+ years and how we ended the season is helping. There’s a reason y it’s now being called a “business” decision. They getting paid, plus they are going to a place they feel they can get easy access to the NFL.

That’s y I keep preaching this year is hella important. We have another long losing streak and kiss the class of 19 and 20 good bye.

I def don’t think it’s the same; but paying players only get u so far. What’s working for Bama is not only are they paying players, but their winning and they have become a factory (granted, a high bust ratio) but nevertheless, a factory.

What I’m saying is that UGA is paying AND Smart can go around boasting rings from his time at Bama, but they JUST came off a CFP Finals. But if Kirby can’t sustain winning (which I wholeheartedly feel he can’t), like UF w Muschamp, all that hype will die down and bags won’t matter as much.

Look at LSU for instance or Auburn. They’re fallen off and u don’t hear bout kids rushing to them, except back yard kids.

We just need to take care of our business, period. We need to be able to say, “here’s our perks, come here, not only will u win, but we’ll help u obtain that long term money or u go to (x school) and we’ll ruin ur career.”

We don’t have that power. U don’t think us falling off for 3 games in a row is not hurting us? U don’t think Kirby is not telling these So Fla kids “see, this is y they hired me over that guy over there?” Of course that’s going on. U don’t think Coley is not negatively recruiting against us? Of course that’s happening.

So yes, bags are getting these young men, but our rep for 10+ years and how we ended the season is helping. There’s a reason y it’s now being called a “business” decision. They getting paid, plus they are going to a place they feel they can get easy access to the NFL.

That’s y I keep preaching this year is hella important. We have another long losing streak and kiss the class of 19 and 20 good bye.

A&M, who has sucked for 5 years, is getting whoever they want this cycle.

Only difference is their new coach has unleashed the boosters to play the bag game.

Yes, winning helps and would help us. But a kid like Tyrique isn't turning down what is a minimum of $250k plus benefits from UGA, no matter how well we do on the field

Seems like there are a lot of people use to losing in this thread. Some weak *** fans. We are a QB and 1-2more OL away in my opinion. I’d rather be up against a midget & a hick with bags than Ole Bobby getting the last crack at the home visit. I don’t think he lost ever. We’ll win with the skill guys we get and the huge chip on their shoulders from hearing that they are second rate players. It worked before and it will work again.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Banda pulled G Hall while Bama was throwing everything at him.
This is the one thing that gives me 1% hope..........this kid didnt change no matter what. Most kids change when they get treated like gods and its understandable.

There is always a worse and a better situation. But that’s what people tell themselves to feel better about the reality of the situation. The situation is that we are in a way way better place than 3 years ago. But the reality is that we still can’t keep the best talent home. No dissing the great caliber of talent we have on our team now and no one knows if some of our current players will blossom into better talent those that left. But the fact remains that the players that are considered can’t miss elite prospects from the tri county area are still getting poached. Yes other schools loses elite talent form theire back yard but not at the rate that we lose them.
Next sofla can’t miss player imo is Rosemy. Let’s see if he’s the one to break the cycle.
I've said it a million times...we've always had problems with marquee players. We get very good, often underrated players. These are the true Miami players, the ones we won NC's with. Contrary to what you believe.

I've said it a million times...we've always had problems with marquee players. We get very good, often underrated players. These are the true Miami players, the ones we won NC's with. Contrary to what you believe.
It's all about the evals. We just can't miss w the guys left to us. We can still win w our hauls.

That's what set Butch apart. Even at UNC. He was a virtuoso of projection.

Advertisement
Absolutely ridiculous statement to say that Miami cannot compete for national titles in this era and an extremely over dramatic reaction.

Your biggest flaw is that you think games are won just by having the most talent on the field. I see you make this same statement over and over again and you use Alabama as the example. Saban is a supremely gifted coach in all respects and that is why Alabama wins; it's not just because they have the most talent. Saban is a great technician, he (and his team) are extremely disciplined and rarely beat themselves, he pays attention to every detail, he is a great motivator, etc. There is so much more to coaching at the college level than recruiting and Saban is the best at it all; that is why Alabama wins so much, not because they simply trot out a lineup of 4 and 5 stars.

Yes, Alabama has enough talent on its roster to simply "out talent" 80% to 85% of the teams that it faces. But there are teams that are close enough in talent level where the game comes down to coaching and Saban usually wins out (there are times when he gets outschemed in Xs and Os).

If recruiting/talent is how games are won then why did Miami "lose" to OSU in 2002? How did Miami lose any games from 2003-2004 when you look at the talent on those rosters? Why does Alabama still lose games?

Miami finally has a coach in place that knows how to run a program and, despite losing some elite players, will soon be within striking distance over the course of the next few years in terms of talent because Richt has upgraded the talent level at Miami significantly.

Miami is and always will be one coach away from competing for national titles given its proximity to the best talent in the country. We will find out very soon if Richt is that coach.
OSU was much more physical than we were in that 2002 game. They outhit us. That's not politically correct to say here, but it was true.

It's all about the evals. We just can't miss w the guys left to us. We can still win w our hauls.

That's what set Butch apart. Even at UNC. He was a virtuoso of projection.
When JJ was recruiting classes ranked in the '20's he was making good evaluations. He also had a lot of kids who didn't turn out to be players. Go back and look at the recruiting lists from '84 on. It got better his last 2-3 years

When JJ was recruiting classes ranked in the '20's he was making good evaluations. He also had a lot of kids who didn't turn out to be players. Go back and look at the recruiting lists from '84 on. It got better his last 2-3 years
FSU, UF, Nebraska, ND, OU always had higher ranked classes.

I think our evals under Richt have gotten better (still room to improve) and honestly, I think we have the pieces (sans QB).

The one thing I think we are badly missing that our teams in the past had has is a schematic advantage.

Schnell was doing pro style before **** near anyone else. JJ revolutionized the 4 3. Erickson offense was pre Spread.

If we had a Briles like mind on offense, it'd be a wrap.

Yes, I think that ship sailed too. As optimistic as I was before the weekend, I think the reality is he is gone. Here's a snippet from their recognized "insider" today - sort of mirrors some of the stuff implied on their board yesterday

As big as the public commits were, the silent commits may be even BIGGER and will push this class to another #1 finish.

For the 2019 class we got 3 more silents that are not public yet, all very highly rated guys wrapped up and 1 more guy that is 95% in the bag, he was told by a family member to think about it over night, but he’s super excited and committed to the Dawgs and was Ready to pop with is commitment.
Look for a couple silents to go public soon this will move the class to the #1 spot and it will be hard for Bama to retake going forward.

For the 2020 class, 2 silents and both highly rated on UGA and recruiting sites ranking boards.

Hope he just gets it over with publicly.
95% in the bag being the operative phrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back