Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Clemson isn't as talented as Georgia the past 3 recruiting classes as I'm using 247 as my reference point. Here's their last 3 cycles:

2016 - #11 ( 1 5-star)
2017 - #16 ( 2 5-stars)
2018 - #7 ( 5 5-stars)

And yes, you basically echoed my point in how Kirby's going to have to manage a lot of egos soon. Saban can do it because of cache, Kirby doesn't have that built up so it'll be interesting to see how this ends.

You realize they have to be able to develop the talent to win. Dabo has proved he can develop talent. What has Kirby proved?

Advertisement
I just hope TS has the guts to tell the Canes ahead of time that he ain’t coming instead of stringing them along. Hopefully he told them on that trip he took to last week.

Advertisement
I just hope TS has the guts to tell the Canes ahead of time that he ain’t coming instead of stringing them along. Hopefully he told them on that trip he took to last week.

Believe it's pretty evident he did. And he told UGAs staff he committed this weekend.

Clemson has focused in on a method. They are building the team through qb and d-line play.

Bada bing bada boom.

They supplement everything else...add to it they are in a state that typically produce a few 4 star dl a year..and they border ga that has recruits.

The recruiting rankings for the most part go off subscriptions and fan base. Uga will always have a bigger fan base than Clemson..so they will prop up their recruiting rankings. Pay attention to what Clemson does recruiting and you will realize they are on to it. They are locking n 2-3 5 star dl a class, and a 5 star qb. At wr they get scheme fits. They are paying...but they are strategic on whom they are after. They have footing in SW FLA, not much in s.fla but they target certain guys and lock em in (see Ladson)

Advertisement
Bada bing bada boom.

They supplement everything else...add to it they are in a state that typically produce a few 4 star dl a year..and they border ga that has recruits.

The recruiting rankings for the most part go off subscriptions and fan base. Uga will always have a bigger fan base than Clemson..so they will prop up their recruiting rankings. Pay attention to what Clemson does recruiting and you will realize they are on to it. They are locking n 2-3 5 star dl a class, and a 5 star qb. At wr they get scheme fits. They are paying...but they are strategic on whom they are after. They have footing in SW FLA, not much in s.fla but they target certain guys and lock em in (see Ladson)
This has to be our strategy also, the difference being we don't have Clemson bags, but we do have the city of Miami.

or replacing Rumph
I hate to say it, but in a sense our inexperience May be the reason on the defensive side. Rumph doesn’t a have a resume outside of Colbert, Elder, and now Jackson. Jess Simpson may turn out to be good but he’s green. Banda, may be a future star but he’s green. Patke is green. All of them are trying to out recruit coaches with YEARS of experience and players drafted. Tough sledding

Not just coached up but also having the ability to motivate and manage all those big egos. Remember how excited Texas AM was a few years ago when they signed a couple 5 star QBs and a few 5 Star WRs? Then, a couple years later they either transfer or busted.

You get it.

Advertisement
I hate to say it, but in a sense our inexperience May be the reason on the defensive side. Rumph doesn’t a have a resume outside of Colbert, Elder, and now Jackson. Jess Simpson may turn out to be good but he’s green. Banda, may be a future star but he’s green. Patke is green. All of them are trying to out recruit coaches with YEARS of experience and players drafted. Tough sledding
Rumph and Banda certainly have a better record of developing Db’s than UGAy does.....

Believe it's pretty evident he did. And he told UGAs staff he committed this weekend.

Yes, I think that ship sailed too. As optimistic as I was before the weekend, I think the reality is he is gone. Here's a snippet from their recognized "insider" today - sort of mirrors some of the stuff implied on their board yesterday

As big as the public commits were, the silent commits may be even BIGGER and will push this class to another #1 finish.

For the 2019 class we got 3 more silents that are not public yet, all very highly rated guys wrapped up and 1 more guy that is 95% in the bag, he was told by a family member to think about it over night, but he’s super excited and committed to the Dawgs and was Ready to pop with is commitment.
Look for a couple silents to go public soon this will move the class to the #1 spot and it will be hard for Bama to retake going forward.

For the 2020 class, 2 silents and both highly rated on UGA and recruiting sites ranking boards.

Hope he just gets it over with publicly.

Yes, I think that ship sailed too. As optimistic as I was before the weekend, I think the reality is he is gone. Here's a snippet from their recognized "insider" today - sort of mirrors some of the stuff implied on their board yesterday

As big as the public commits were, the silent commits may be even BIGGER and will push this class to another #1 finish.

For the 2019 class we got 3 more silents that are not public yet, all very highly rated guys wrapped up and 1 more guy that is 95% in the bag, he was told by a family member to think about it over night, but he’s super excited and committed to the Dawgs and was Ready to pop with is commitment.
Look for a couple silents to go public soon this will move the class to the #1 spot and it will be hard for Bama to retake going forward.

For the 2020 class, 2 silents and both highly rated on UGA and recruiting sites ranking boards.

Hope he just gets it over with publicly.
The 3 Im thinking
Jermaine Johnson
Dj daniel
Lewis Cine

Advertisement
Bada bing bada boom.

I’ve been saying this for the longest, too many people on here want Miami to imitate Bama & Ohio state success with recruiting, they should just say they want Miami to be the new Bama or Ohio state. If we’re looking for a modern team that we can follow a similar blueprint in terms of recruiting, then it should be Clemson. Clemson targets the 5* QB & DL, every other position can be filled with depth (4* & 3*), only in some cases you take a can’t miss 5* at another position, you take a minimum class 15-22 scholarships, because quality > quantity, (we need to make a Miami scholarship significant again) & through coaching and development, you build a national contender, I hate Clemson as much as the next Cane but u can’t deny that they’re killing it in terms of recruiting.

So we've heard about the aunt in GA and how tight he is with Divaad Wilson. Only thing I'm waiting for with Stevenson is to hear him gush about Georgia's brilliant scheme and unmatched player development (after they couldn't execute a basic Cover 2 call with a Natty on the line). Then we'll know the bags have been delivered in full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back