Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Cb’s starting to trickle in for Georgia. Becoming more apparent that he is gone......
That RB from Louisiana got CB’d to LSU by a bunch people last week. Look how that turned out. Lots of smoke right now, and it’s not very encouraging at all. Still, he hasn’t committed to UGA yet when so many people have pulled the trigger.

UGA is going to field arguably the most talented team in the nation this year. But with that comes expectations. You have a roster that's filled with 5 star guys that's expecting a certain amount of snaps. Saban and Meyer are able to do what they do because of their cache and have experience dealing with highly talented players as the HC. This is where Kirby's going to have to prove himself. I'm hoping that team implodes though.

HOW??

Outside of Bama and Ohio St., show me what other team has had nearly the same recruiting success as UGA over the last 3 years:

2016 - #6 ( 3 5-stars)
2017 - #3 ( 3 5-stars)
2018 - #1 ( 7 5-stars)

So you don't have to dig further than that to conclude that UGA has the best talent in the country??

Outside of Bama and Ohio St., show me what other team has had nearly the same recruiting success as UGA over the last 3 years:

2016 - #6 ( 3 5-stars)
2017 - #3 ( 3 5-stars)
2018 - #1 ( 7 5-stars)

Clemson? And if Kirby starts stepping on Saban's toes for some recruits we might see an Ole' Miss type scenario. Also don't underestimate locker room cohesiveness. UGA gained a ton of young talent but also lost a ton of senior leadership. Saban can grayshirt 4stars and keep attitudes in check, remains to be seen if Smart can do that.

Advertisement
Clemson? And if Kirby starts stepping on Saban's toes for some recruits we might see an Ole' Miss type scenario. Also don't underestimate locker room cohesiveness. UGA gained a ton of young talent but also lost a ton of senior leadership. Saban can grayshirt 4stars and keep attitudes in check, remains to be seen if Smart can do that.

I don't think you would see an Ole Miss scenario with Kirby because in his time at Alabama he saw and learned from Saban. he has secrets of his own that he could unleash on Alabama during his time there as well I'm sure

Ah yes, the proverbial "the kid needs to get out of miami" mealy mouthed reason. Best of luck to the kid although I did have a bag question. I know the 75k number is being thrown around for Tyrique...my question is, I thought those bags don't get delivered until the guy signs (or is it enrolls?) - do these bagmen pay deposits upfront so to speak to guarantee a commitment and then the balance gets delivered at signing day?
when you got as much money as the SEC schools, throwing 20k at a kid just to get him on campus is no big deal.

Patrick Johnson (Peterson) was getting 10k each time he went to visit LSU. He was telling the Northwestern group in 2008 that they all needed to take a visit there and get some cash.

Co-sign.. let's not make the same mistake as years past and stay on a kid's jock who clearly is not coming here. I count Stevenson already like a Georgia commit.. so what.

I have been thinking hard about our program and I believe just as important as recruiting, player development is JUST AS IMPORTANT. The way Richt develops his players and with the 2018 class full of studs , Miami is on the right path to become elite.

Smart is paying his way to the top and that's fine.. everyone wants 5 stars and high blue Chip players, but if you don't develop them properly then the talented 3/4 star will eat your lunch money.

I think guys like Brownlee, Nunn Jr., Ect. Who have that dog in them and have certain measurables can be elite with the proper development ( see Michael Jackson) then we will have dogs that are hungry and talented, not entitled. We already have some blue Chip guys at every position ( Hall, Ivey, Frierson will ball) and now Richt is rebuilding the lines.

With a solid 2019 class sandwhinched between 2018
And 2020 class, and player development through the roof .. Miami will be a force to be reckoned with. Georgia can pay all they want... Can they develop?

I'll just mention that every single time we back off a kid or don't go after him hard, everybody here screams that he would have been ours if we'd tried harder. Nobody every says "oh he wasn't coming anyway, glad we didn't waste our time". And there isn't always a guy of similar talent/character/coachability waiting in the wings, so you end up settling early as opposed to settling late.

Just saying, there's a legit argument that you stay on a kid to the end instead of deciding it's a done deal. Sometimes you'll have wasted time, but that can't be helped. You stay in the fight because that's what you have to do if you want to be one of the big boys.

Unless you have lots of bags of cash, then you can be a big boy without all the work.

Advertisement
Clemson aint been pulling in classes like that. There last 3 classes has been 7th,11th,16th.

I'll just mention that every single time we back off a kid or don't go after him hard, everybody here screams that he would have been ours if we'd tried harder. Nobody every says "oh he wasn't coming anyway, glad we didn't waste our time". And there isn't always a guy of similar talent/character/coachability waiting in the wings, so you end up settling early as opposed to settling late.

Just saying, there's a legit argument that you stay on a kid to the end instead of deciding it's a done deal. Sometimes you'll have wasted time, but that can't be helped. You stay in the fight because that's what you have to do if you want to be one of the big boys.

Unless you have lots of bags of cash, then you can be a big boy without all the work.

Oh I agree.. from the coaches perspective you stay on an elite dude like that till the end. I'm talking from the fan perspective. I am operating as if Stevenson is not going to be a part of this class. I think the trip county area has plenty of talent and even though not as elite as Stevenson, our staff can develop players. We will be all right in the end, but right now as a fan it is clear that it will be extremely hard to win over Stevenson. My focus has shifted from Bogle/ Stevenson to Weaver/Summerall and Nun Jr. Those guys here will work hard and get developed where they can be elite . As a fan , Im done sweating these guys who flirt with the home school , pretend they are interested just to increase their bag game. Nah.. let the coaches recruit them and if they flip to us I'll be the first one on here feeling pumped, but I'm not going to get emotionally involved like I did with TC.

The thing I'm seeing is if a blue Chip South Florida guy is not committed by Paradise and the suitors are Georgia, Bama, OSU ( The bag Kings) then I don't care if they are sleeping on Richt's front porch.. they are as as good as gone. Does not mean the coaches stop recruiting .. they should recruit till the very end whole developing contingency plans where they allow guys like Nunn to commit whenever he wants. As fans the faster we figure out this trend , the less meltdowns we will suffer because we will identity those who are for sale and not really waste our time.

Advertisement
Clemson aint been pulling in classes like that. There last 3 classes has been 7th,11th,16th.
a lot of times clemson find she underrated players from South Carolina that are underrrated I.e. Kelly Bryant 3 star from 4a sc and Kendall Joseph another 3 star they do pretty well at that

Oh come on.. I'm sure recruits have thought of that before. Besides, these are people who have mastered the art of untraceable money so to think they would get outsmarted so easily would be unlikely. The way I see these things playing out is the bag men probably give the kid a little taste of money considering most of these are 17 Y/O kids are from poor backgrounds. I bet they sell the kid's family on a place they can stay to watch their kid play if playing in front of family or watching their kid is such a big deal to them and I bet those homes are nicer then their own. Same with cars and other things.

Not only that but if the parents are still unsure they probably offer them a nice paying job while they stay in a nice house they aren't paying for. Lets be honest for some of these kid's family I'm sure living in a nice house even in KKK country is better then living in the hood in the inner cities with shootings and police sirens all through the night.

Going back to the kid, they probably start out with a payment for a visit just to show some of these kids they aren't joking about giving them money and not only that, it makes the kid feel like a priority since they're throwing money at him. I figure they give the kid a small sum of money like, I don't know, $300? $400 for a visit then money for a commitment with the understanding that the kid has the potential to not only get a hot new ride but make up to 100k+ when he signs the letter of intent. And to a 17 year old kid who isn't responsible for paying anything but his phone bill I'm sure that's a big, big deal (not to mention helping your family in the process).

As for my $300-400 guess I figured that it would not be to much but not to little (not that it would matter to million-billionaire bagmen)
Not laughing at you brother. Just helping put things in context. Recruits that are top shelf (mid 4-5 stars)are paid 25k by the big schools simply to visit & give them an oppurtunity... have a great day.

Can we all just as a group stop comnenting here and giving this kid anymore pages then he deserves? We're once again paying more attention to a kid who doesnt look like he'll be here rather then kids who are ride or die for the hometown so please fellas let's dead this thread

Advertisement
Oh I agree.. from the coaches perspective you stay on an elite dude like that till the end. I'm talking from the fan perspective. I am operating as if Stevenson is not going to be a part of this class. I think the trip county area has plenty of talent and even though not as elite as Stevenson, our staff can develop players. We will be all right in the end, but right now as a fan it is clear that it will be extremely hard to win over Stevenson. My focus has shifted from Bogle/ Stevenson to Weaver/Summerall and Nun Jr. Those guys here will work hard and get developed where they can be elite . As a fan , Im done sweating these guys who flirt with the home school , pretend they are interested just to increase their bag game. Nah.. let the coaches recruit them and if they flip to us I'll be the first one on here feeling pumped, but I'm not going to get emotionally involved like I did with TC.

The thing I'm seeing is if a blue Chip South Florida guy is not committed by Paradise and the suitors are Georgia, Bama, OSU ( The bag Kings) then I don't care if they are sleeping on Richt's front porch.. they are as as good as gone. Does not mean the coaches stop recruiting .. they should recruit till the very end whole developing contingency plans where they allow guys like Nunn to commit whenever he wants. As fans the faster we figure out this trend , the less meltdowns we will suffer because we will identity those who are for sale and not really waste our time.

Truth

Can we all just as a group stop comnenting here and giving this kid anymore pages then he deserves? We're once again paying more attention to a kid who doesnt look like he'll be here rather then kids who are ride or die for the hometown so please fellas let's dead this thread

Totally agree... My last comment on this thread unless Stevenson commits to the 🙌🏽... Enough of wasting time on a dude who is looking for a payday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back