Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Told yall

Theres specific kids each cycle on defense who are old school miami super talents. They just dont come here and u can tell by how they r being recruited. They could be great kids dreaming of playing home but slowly but surely they sell out cause the money is just too good. They give u the oh this team wins excuse or this coach is awesome or i want to do my own thing. All lies and people eat it up......its bags that change kids minds its money. Just like people chase job promotions. Miami cant compete (for national titles) in this new era they just cant. The sooner some of yall figure that out the better....i figured this **** out a few months ago and accepted it.

I think you might be right about the bags and paid trips for these 5* kids. It's suspicious as **** how these kids that are't well off at all can take all these unofficial visits all around the country.

However I do think we can win. There's still plenty of huge talent in South Florida not even including the 5*. Also need to get on them several years early. This is what I like about the 2020 class. Build a very strong relationship way before anybody else even knows about these kids.

Sam Brooks in an example. He's a clear 5*.

Advertisement
He was retweeting and talking to Bandy about his child the other day. If he is doing stuff like that and still going to Georgia, that would be epic trolling. Until he goes public one way or the other, I’m still holding out hope he is a Cane in the end.

Oh no doubt; but my point was UF was getting top ranked kids as well. After Muschamp 2nd year, they recruited back to back top 3 classes. Then he was exposed and they started falling.

Smart is throwing around Nick Sabans rings, how he helped Nick win, plus they came off a CFP Finals game. There’s a stupid high in UGA and the boosters can taste it. The high will come down. No doubt in my mind, Smart is a corch. UGA should’ve lost a couple of games from mismanagement, but talent and leadership willed them to victory. That’s done now. He’ll have a roster filled w young divas.

UGA is going to field arguably the most talented team in the nation this year. But with that comes expectations. You have a roster that's filled with 5 star guys that's expecting a certain amount of snaps. Saban and Meyer are able to do what they do because of their cache and have experience dealing with highly talented players as the HC. This is where Kirby's going to have to prove himself. I'm hoping that team implodes though.

Georgia think they getting Kaiir Elam too, hope Henry Gray isn't easley impressed, we know he loves Ohio state an Clemson only a matter of time before UGA come calling.

Advertisement
UGA is going to field arguably the most talented team in the nation this year. But with that comes expectations. You have a roster that's filled with 5 star guys that's expecting a certain amount of snaps. Saban and Meyer are able to do what they do because of their cache and have experience dealing with highly talented players as the HC. This is where Kirby's going to have to prove himself. I'm hoping that team implodes though.
No they’re not.

UGA also has the cliche target on its back now. Last year they kinda caught teams off guard. This season they’re gonna be the Super Bowl on every SEC East team’s schedule. I ain’t gonna lie though I don’t see too many games for them that could realistically be losses (barring something crazy of course).

Told yall

Theres specific kids each cycle on defense who are old school miami super talents. They just dont come here and u can tell by how they r being recruited. They could be great kids dreaming of playing home but slowly but surely they sell out cause the money is just too good. They give u the oh this team wins excuse or this coach is awesome or i want to do my own thing. All lies and people eat it up......its bags that change kids minds its money. Just like people chase job promotions. Miami cant compete (for national titles) in this new era they just cant. The sooner some of yall figure that out the better....i figured this **** out a few months ago and accepted it.

Missing out on a couple corner backs has little impact on our ability to compete for national championships.

Advertisement
Miami cant compete (for national titles) in this new era they just cant. The sooner some of yall figure that out the better....i figured this **** out a few months ago and accepted it.

Absolutely ridiculous statement to say that Miami cannot compete for national titles in this era and an extremely over dramatic reaction.

Your biggest flaw is that you think games are won just by having the most talent on the field. I see you make this same statement over and over again and you use Alabama as the example. Saban is a supremely gifted coach in all respects and that is why Alabama wins; it's not just because they have the most talent. Saban is a great technician, he (and his team) are extremely disciplined and rarely beat themselves, he pays attention to every detail, he is a great motivator, etc. There is so much more to coaching at the college level than recruiting and Saban is the best at it all; that is why Alabama wins so much, not because they simply trot out a lineup of 4 and 5 stars.

Yes, Alabama has enough talent on its roster to simply "out talent" 80% to 85% of the teams that it faces. But there are teams that are close enough in talent level where the game comes down to coaching and Saban usually wins out (there are times when he gets outschemed in Xs and Os).

If recruiting/talent is how games are won then why did Miami "lose" to OSU in 2002? How did Miami lose any games from 2003-2004 when you look at the talent on those rosters? Why does Alabama still lose games?

Miami finally has a coach in place that knows how to run a program and, despite losing some elite players, will soon be within striking distance over the course of the next few years in terms of talent because Richt has upgraded the talent level at Miami significantly.

Miami is and always will be one coach away from competing for national titles given its proximity to the best talent in the country. We will find out very soon if Richt is that coach.

Last edited:
“It is out of state,” Stevenson said. “It would be a good fit for me to get away from Miami. If it happens that would be a good place for me when there is really nothing to do, just focus on football and school.”

So now it's a good thing to go to a school where there's nothing to do?.
smmfh

Nothing to do but count and collate his stacks.

Advertisement
“It is out of state,” Stevenson said. “It would be a good fit for me to get away from Miami. If it happens that would be a good place for me when there is really nothing to do, just focus on football and school.”

So now it's a good thing to go to a school where there's nothing to do?.
smmfh

Ah yes, the proverbial "the kid needs to get out of miami" mealy mouthed reason. Best of luck to the kid although I did have a bag question. I know the 75k number is being thrown around for Tyrique...my question is, I thought those bags don't get delivered until the guy signs (or is it enrolls?) - do these bagmen pay deposits upfront so to speak to guarantee a commitment and then the balance gets delivered at signing day?

Missing out on a couple corner backs has little impact on our ability to compete for national championships.

Yeah, on a single year, sure. But when you start stacking up 1-2 stud cornerbacks lost for 3-4 successive year, yeah, I'd say the impact is greater.

Advertisement
Co-sign.. let's not make the same mistake as years past and stay on a kid's jock who clearly is not coming here. I count Stevenson already like a Georgia commit.. so what.

I have been thinking hard about our program and I believe just as important as recruiting, player development is JUST AS IMPORTANT. The way Richt develops his players and with the 2018 class full of studs , Miami is on the right path to become elite.

Smart is paying his way to the top and that's fine.. everyone wants 5 stars and high blue Chip players, but if you don't develop them properly then the talented 3/4 star will eat your lunch money.

I think guys like Brownlee, Nunn Jr., Ect. Who have that dog in them and have certain measurables can be elite with the proper development ( see Michael Jackson) then we will have dogs that are hungry and talented, not entitled. We already have some blue Chip guys at every position ( Hall, Ivey, Frierson will ball) and now Richt is rebuilding the lines.

With a solid 2019 class sandwhinched between 2018
And 2020 class, and player development through the roof .. Miami will be a force to be reckoned with. Georgia can pay all they want... Can they develop?

Yeah, on a single year, sure. But when you start stacking up 1-2 stud cornerbacks lost for 3-4 successive year, yeah, I'd say the impact is greater.

yes that is true but i dont think that scenario is playing out now though.. last year we got our top targets at DB except 2.

This year's cb class could be a filler with a very good cb commit and a couple of under the radar commits with potential but next class we are in position to load up again at the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back