Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
I’ve never seen “recruiting” like this before.

TS might go public tn

OrginalCanes, it's really more that you are just sensitive about Miami and are offended by my comments. I don't know really what else to tell you. I don't disagree or agree with what transpired, but my eyes did not decieve me and I think it's been well documented that this school/boosters has provided for it's football players in some external capacity in the past.

troll

This **** is so obvious, Kirby is looking at the NCAA like " I dare you to stop me".

Advertisement
I can see your point on this. It’s solid, I don't really disagree with anything you say. I guess my operating framework can really be broken down into two parts:
  1. I think when we miss on kids, bags is overused as an excuse. For example, I don’t think we lost TC last year of bags. Jobe, maybe - but someone in the know told me it was not a main issue because his bro is in the NFL (i.e. his family is not desperate for money) and that we just got out recruited by Bama & Saban really got in his ear about being the next Viper or whatever dumb naming convention they're using for basically a Safety that can play CB occasionally.
  2. This is a slippery slope and for sure is going to **** the board off, but I think you guys cast Miami as this “innocent angel” way to much. Look I know the Shapiro scandal rocked this university, but when I was living in Pearon/Mahoney I specifically remember Bryan Pata rolling up in an Escalade on rims. Or Kenny Phillips in a Chevy Malibu on rims. I think Hester was driving a Donk like Dugans lol. What makes you think that we don't have that card up our sleeve as well if it came down to a "bag war"?

Tu eres un tremendo come mierda.

Kirby is no doubt a corch, when he was mic’d up at their spring game, I was like this hick is dumb as a BAG of rocks.

I’ll take money from a dummy though.

Advertisement
I will give you the benefit of the doubt and answer it straight up...

Q: If we can't compete monetarily with Bama and UGA for these kid's services then how can you hold losing them to these Big Money schools against our coaches if money is what these kids are after?

A: Let's just stick within the scope of TS, I think it very rarely comes down to the size of the bag. I think we could often time come up with a package that took care of his family, satisfied his desire to get to the next level (that's self-evident by going to the U), have him staying home so his family can see him etc.. To many times you guys write these kids families off as money greedy whores. Some of these kids do actually come from good families, where the size of a bag "may be" one variable of many.

Just so we're clear, we're both talking about a situation in which we both lack any intimate knowledge of the actual inner workings of the modus operandi but one in which we both can come to a reasonable conclusion, based on the evidence, that the overall situation does, in fact, exist (bag game is real).

I think it's ok to speculate on how we think the system probably works in a general sense but I think it's silly for either of us to assume that we know in any kind of detail that "such and such" amount of compensation would be "enough" to satisfy someone. I honestly don't think you can just throw a statement like that out there with any kind of credibility without any knowledge of what the counter-offer would look like. I think it's reasonable to assume that because of the FAR greater numbers of alumi that Bama and UGA churn out over the years compared to UM that they would also have a far greater amount if money pouring into their recruiting coffers from their boosters on a yearly basis.

If you really think that Bama or UGA don't have the resources or desire to just to just blow any offer we can put on the table completely out of the water then I don't know what to tell you. Isn't that how one would assume the bag game would work? Outspend and offer players that you want whatever amount of money is necessary to ultimately aquire their signature in the end? That's why there are only a handful of programs (we all know who they are) out there that are consistently highly successful at it. They have the resources to outmuscle those that don't.

Also, I'm not assuming TS or his family are "money hungry whores". I'm assuming that they are like most humans and that a **** load of money shoved in their face is probably pretty enticing to them.

Last edited:
This **** is so obvious, Kirby is looking at the NCAA like " I dare you to stop me".
This is how it must look
Screenshot_2018-07-29-20-39-20-1.png

Hey guys,

Take a look at this kid Nunn. Great DB prospect that came to paradise this weekend and balled out.

Really impressed Banda. Ran a 4.47 and here is the fun part he is likely going to come to Miami.

Cornelius Nunn, Miami Palmetto, Safety

You can check him out here. Has some big name offers. Word is he was rocking a grill at paradise. Did I mention he is likely coming to Miami.

Advertisement
How sick would it be if Tyrique committed to Miami tonight to take a shot at UGA’s success the past few hours?

Very

But that’s more than a dream

Advertisement
]
I’d wish these kids were just straight up with our staff. If TS is gone, just let the staff know so we can adjust.
He’s gone and I would hope our staff is smart enough to recognize that. Same story where people delude themselves about a recruit. If the kid is giving you every signal that he’s going to another school, believe him.

It's over. Get Nunn. Georgia bags can't be stopped. Funny thing is the kids feel compelled to take the money and be loyal. They could get paid by these cheaters and STILL go to the school they want. Whatever. It sucks.

]
He’s gone and I would hope our staff is smart enough to recognize that. Same story where people delude themselves about a recruit. If the kid is giving you every signal that he’s going to another school, believe him.
Well the problem with TS as opposed TC from last cycle is that he is showing heavy interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back