Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Not only that, I think Bama and UGA actually encourage some of these recruits to keep showing us interest so that it LOOKS like an actual, back and forth recruiting battle and not something that has already been pre-determined by bags. Honestly, the recruitments for these top-shelf SoFl athletes all seem to follow the same M.O to the point of appearing scripted. That's why recruiting vets on here start getting that pit in their stomachs when they start to see the same old red flags start to pop up.
Not only that but it also gives the other team the 411 about other recruits we may also be reaching out to. And you bet your **** bama watches what we do. Just look at how they offered miller right after we did.

Advertisement
Not only that, I think Bama and UGA actually encourage some of these recruits to keep showing us interest so that it LOOKS like an actual, back and forth recruiting battle and not something that has already been pre-determined by bags. Honestly, the recruitments for these top-shelf SoFl athletes all seem to follow the same M.O to the point of appearing scripted. That's why recruiting vets on here start getting that pit in their stomachs when they start to see the same old red flags start to pop up.

100%.

You say "bags or no bags" it's unacceptable to miss out on an elite recruit. Pretty easy to say that. However, if bags ARE the deciding factor in a recruit and his family's decision and, because of the size of our respective alumni bases, we can't come close to matching the money that schools like Bama and UGA are offering recruits then what exactly would you propose that our coaching staff do to overcome this dynamic? Are you suggesting our coaches somehow come up with a way of competing monetarily or that they should pull some type of magical recruiting pitch out of their a$ses that makes a recruit and their families stop wanting money?

I can see your point on this. It’s solid, I don't really disagree with anything you say. I guess my operating framework can really be broken down into two parts:
  1. I think when we miss on kids, bags is overused as an excuse. For example, I don’t think we lost TC last year of bags. Jobe, maybe - but someone in the know told me it was not a main issue because his bro is in the NFL (i.e. his family is not desperate for money) and that we just got out recruited by Bama & Saban really got in his ear about being the next Viper or whatever dumb naming convention they're using for basically a Safety that can play CB occasionally.
  2. This is a slippery slope and for sure is going to **** the board off, but I think you guys cast Miami as this “innocent angel” way to much. Look I know the Shapiro scandal rocked this university, but when I was living in Pearon/Mahoney I specifically remember Bryan Pata rolling up in an Escalade on rims. Or Kenny Phillips in a Chevy Malibu on rims. I think Hester was driving a Donk like Dugans lol. What makes you think that we don't have that card up our sleeve as well if it came down to a "bag war"?

I can see your point on this. It’s solid, I don't really disagree with anything you say. I guess my operating framework can really be broken down into two parts:
  1. I think when we miss on kids, bags is overused as an excuse. For example, I don’t think we lost TC last year of bags. Jobe, maybe - but someone in the know told me it was not a main issue because his bro is in the NFL (i.e. his family is not desperate for money) and that we just got out recruited by Bama & Saban really got in his ear about being the next Viper or whatever dumb naming convention they're using for basically a Safety that can play CB occasionally.
  2. This is a slippery slope and for sure is going to **** the board off, but I think you guys cast Miami as this “innocent angel” way to much. Look I know the Shapiro scandal rocked this university, but when I was living in Pearon/Mahoney I specifically remember Bryan Pata rolling up in an Escalade on rims. Or Kenny Phillips in a Chevy Malibu on rims. I think Hester was driving a Donk like Dugans lol. What makes you think that we’re NOT doing the bag game and/or have that card up our sleeve?

We play the game but we’re petty shoplifters and Bama/UGA are the Wolves of Wall Street.

Stevenson can go to UGA and get paid six figures plus and peps surprised he don't commit to Miami for nothing. It is wat it is.

Advertisement
  2. This is a slippery slope and for sure is going to **** the board off, but I think you guys cast Miami as this “innocent angel” way to much. Look I know the Shapiro scandal rocked this university, but when I was living in Pearon/Mahoney I specifically remember Bryan Pata rolling up in an Escalade on rims. Or Kenny Phillips in a Chevy Malibu on rims. I think Hester was driving a Donk like Dugans lol. What makes you think that we’re NOT doing the bag game and/or have that card up our sleeve?
Even if we were in the bag game we obviously don't have the funds to compete at Bama and UGA's level since we seem to lose the vast majority of our battles against them for the Top-shelf (see: obvious bag-dropping candidate)SoFl athletes. So, my main question to you still stands: if we can't compete monetarily with Bama and UGA for these kid's services then how can you hold losing them to these Big Money schools against our coaches if money is what these kids are after?

Hey guys,

Take a look at this kid Nunn. Great DB prospect that came to paradise this weekend and balled out.

Really impressed Banda. Ran a 4.47 and here is the fun part he is likely going to come to Miami.

I'm glad he's finally getting the attention he deserves

Don’t expose yourself when you don’t have to.
The fact that you bring up Shapiro reeks of hater fan X.
Shapiro??!!! Really that’s all everyone who hates Miami talks about. Wait until some of these dudes start rolling with all that shine up in the ATL.
They best be on theire p’s and q’s or they’ll get got. ATL ain’t Tuscaloosa and the PD or DA might not look the other way like in tally or jortville if they do some stupid shhhh.

Advertisement
It’s painfully obvious that UGAy is playing by a different set of rules than everyone else. Saban and Bama have bonafides 5 nattys in 9 years and an unparalleled success at turning 5 star players into 1st rounders. What the **** has Kirby and UGAy have? There is no other logical explanation why so many out of state 4 & 5 stars would chose to go to UGAy.

Didn’t that RB that committed today say he wasn’t interested in the U because they had so much competition at RB. Then why the **** would you commit to a team that signed 2 5* backs last year.....

Just so I'm clear, has TS announced anything? I haven't seen anything but according to the pessimistic crowd he has. Just want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

The good news is that supposedly Georgia just got a commitment from another WR today, idk what’s going on with Haselwood recruitment or if we’re real players in this game but clearly Georgia is worried to some degree, they’re eyeing us or Auburn. It has to be

Advertisement
Random subject but what does the green/grey/red bar by everyone’s name mean? Just noticed it today

Advertisement
They just got John emery who everyone had committing soon to LSU as recently as last week. Something is obviously going on

First visit to campus, right? This weekend. Totally out of nowhere.

Also got a 4* from Miss tonight.

Their board is chattering about 5 silent s- here are 2. One supposedly on defense ...

First visit to campus, right? This weekend. Totally out of nowhere.

Also got a 4* from Miss tonight.

Their board is chattering about 5 silent s- here are 2. One supposedly on defense ...
Rian Davis just committed there so there you go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back