Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
I’m trying to figure something out here.
If your my boy and you come around all the time to hang out at um. How long does that last without anybody getting ****ed off that he hasn’t committed? It’s one thing to come around every once in a while but to possibly have a dude come as often as some on here say he does and not commit are bad looks that some on the team might not take too lightly.

Agree but today's generation is soft and friendly.

That **** would never fly with the previous generations of Canes.

Advertisement
Is it over? I won't say that yet but its obvious he doesn't value us like he does UGA and right now that matters. Now theres still half a year to go so we can still get him but right now there is a reason to worry

Pope, Bandy, Quan, Pinck, Hall, Frierson, Ivey, Cam, Nesta and there’s WAAAY more bro.

Now u know good and well JJ, Hall, and Nesta was never ALWAYS on campus. Frierson, yes...and he had every right to be considering he was a legacy. Ivey wasn’t highly rated (should’ve been, no doubt). Pinck wasn’t highly rated either. Bandy was committed to OU, and we flipped him; put in work to flip that dude.

I’m not concerned about offensive guys, maybe OL a little, but def not RB, WR, or TE. I see those guys on campus all the time, and I’m excited. I see a def guy that’s highly rated; talking about top 200 ranked players.

Advertisement
I actually think he’s making rounds. He might not even stay at Georgia through the even it could be possible he goes to FSU

His Twitter is very pro Miami but I know it doesn’t mean much it’s just the homer inside of me wishing it did

Edit: I still think Miami has a good shot despite what everyone else thinks on here
Saw that. My pessimistic self is thinking he's getting people at it and over compensating for something though. Hope i'm wrong

I hope the coaches get a Nunn commit this weekend. Nunn is a legit prospect with that frame and speed. I hope he gets a bunch of pics on social media with HOF UM players at Paradise. Then Monday morning the Richt bans TS from campus and sets a precedence. That's Saban's game with AL kids and it's worked out for them. It shouldn't be any different in Miami. Especially not for a kid at Gables and Southridge.

So we should implement a policy (that isn’t even true BTW) that a school that has won what 4 NC’s in the past 9 years, has done? I mean yeah sounds good because we definitely have the same type of leverage as them so yeah. Call Tyrique tomorrow and tell him he is no longer allowed on campus. **** yeah!!! That will REALLY show him and the rest of these kids what’s up!!! I’m sure that would go over great!!!

Lmao, FOH.

Advertisement
Miami Hurricanes Recruiting Radar: Debating "Must Get" Recruits

"With highly coveted recruits, if you don’t get them to sign with your team, there’s a vacuum of talent, a void in the class that needs to be filled. If, as I listed above with Miami’s WR recruiting in 2017, the void is filled with a player of similar, if not the same, level of talent, then everything is fine."

"The real problems for teams come if"

1. a team reaches and takes a commitment from a player who doesn’t have the skills to play at the school in question, or
  2. if no player is found to replace the top-tier recruit who elected to go elsewhere.
"And, weird as it may seem, it can be better for a team to NOT get a recruit to replace the top tier recruit who went elsewhere rather than reach for a player who shouldn’t be on their roster at all just for the sake of “getting somebody” at that position."

"There are rarely absolutes in recruiting, so there can be times when taking a “filler player” may be a good idea. But, if a team is forced to play that “filler player” in a starring role down the line, then it could struggle."

"To me, finding a talented player for a specific scholarship slot is the key. Yes, everybody wants the most talented players, or the players with a strong connection to a given school to come their favorite school. But, if they don’t, there are always other options, either in the current recruiting class or a future class, to get the kind of player the team wants/needs for them to be successful."

I think TS has carried himself well throughout his recruitment. He’s not playing games like some other recruits. I am hoping after these events he makes his decision and shuts down his recruitment in the next couple of weeks. I have a feeling his is going to be a Cane!

Advertisement
TS was a former Gator commit and thus seems like a kid that has no qualms in leaving, maybe a bit of a front runner. He does seem to like the Canes. We need to give him a reason to come. We've got a legit chance to be a top 5 team all year. Do that and it'll be hard for him to leave....

Recruit others as if he isn't coming and if he does then you take him. However at this point despite what some want to say, he's looking as if he's leaning towards leaving town.

I remember Shadow saying Campbell was looking to leave fairly early in the process and I ignored him. He's pretty much said the same about Bogle and Stevenson just as early. Looks as if he's trending towards being right.

Advertisement
So we should implement a policy (that isn’t even true BTW) that a school that has won what 4 NC’s in the past 9 years, has done? I mean yeah sounds good because we definitely have the same type of leverage as them so yeah. Call Tyrique tomorrow and tell him he is no longer allowed on campus. **** yeah!!! That will REALLY show him and the rest of these kids what’s up!!! I’m sure that would go over great!!!

Lmao, FOH.

That’s not the way to play it. You explain to kids here what you’re doing. That a commitment is just that. You make an example out of him.
When you stop texting, calling, sending mail, inviting him to campus. etc...They get the point real fast. Commit or we’re moving on. It shouldn’t be this way for everyone. It’s the local kids that want to be on campus regularly but not commit are the ones.
It’s like a hot girl that wants to hang out at your house all the time because you have a nice place and friends. Eventually, it’s time to F### or she’s not welcome anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back