Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Writers for a rival very rarely predict that a kid ends up with their own rivals. Not unless there's just flat out no other way around it. Luke Stampenis and Newberg are like chunk from the goonies. Making **** up. Michael Jackson wasnt on campus, but his sister was. They'll admit they're wrong, then follow it up with a mock class that has the kid signing with them anyway.

I want him to come to paradise. Who doesnt? HOWEVER, where he camps does not mean its where he signs. Frierson (gotta give @brock credit for pointing this out) didnt visit for paradise last year. He was also all UGA at one point. Remember the rumors about a possible decommit? No, its not an apples to apples comparison. But its worth keeping in mind.

The reason I'm not worried (besides the fact we're 7 months from signing day) is his reason for visiting campus so often. He's tight with players on the team. There's a huge difference between knowing someone who plays for UGA, FSU, etc and being best friends with someone who plays for Miami. Publicly, those guys may say its his decision and they arent recruiting him, but come on. They're in his ear.

I guess everyone forgets that Frierson is Frank Gore's cousin and was committed for almost 2 years at the time...

Nobody was offering him the type of bag$ Stevenson is being offered for 2 reasons.

#1 He is a very high quality recruit, but not looked at the same as Stevenson who may be the most elite DB since Patrick Peterson down here (I would put him ahead of Surtain, Campbell and Jobe).

#2 Everybody knew he was related to Frank and teams didn't want to get caught offering a legacy bag$ (same reason I think Richards and maybe Neal aren't getting offered the crazy bag$ a player of their caliber usually would if not related to a Cane).

Frierson's recruitment was not like Stevenson's at all.

I fully expect to not land Stevenson, when I felt good about Frierson even when he was flirting with UGA.

I would absolutely love to be wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up for him or Bogle to be honest.

If people really want to catch teams offering cash to recruits, they need to hire some private investigators to follow the "decision makers" in the families of Stevenson and Bogle.

It is almost guaranteed that they are both being offered big time money by $EC schools (Stevenson more than Bogle IMO).

Would really be the only way to catch those ********.

I'm obviously just joking, but that would be about the only way to expose these bag men lol.

Advertisement
I guess everyone forgets that Frierson is Frank Gore's cousin and was committed for almost 2 years at the time...

Nobody was offering him the type of bag$ Stevenson is being offered for 2 reasons.

#1 He is a very high quality recruit, but not looked at the same as Stevenson who may be the most elite DB since Patrick Peterson down here (I would put him ahead of Surtain, Campbell and Jobe).

#2 Everybody knew he was related to Frank and teams didn't want to get caught offering a legacy bag$ (same reason I think Richards and maybe Neal aren't getting offered the crazy bag$ a player of their caliber usually would if not related to a Cane).

I fully expect to not land Stevenson, when I felt good about Frierson even when he was flirting with UGA.

I would absolutely love to be wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up for him or Bogle to be honest.

If people really want to catch teams offering cash to recruits, they need to hire some private investigators to follow the "decision makers" in the families of Stevenson and Bogle.

It is almost guaranteed that they are both being offered big time money by $EC schools (Stevenson more than Bogle IMO).

I'm obviously just joking, but that would be about the only way to expose these bag men lol.
I agree

I swear, FSU reporters will downplay Miami's chances with every recruit up until the point where said recruit scores a TD against them, at which point they might recognize Miami has a chance with him
It’s the classic downplay, Stevenson been to bama all of 1 time in the last year yet to Miami more than 10 times this year alone yet it’s a bama/ uga battle?

Advertisement

If the bag game is gloom & doom then it’ll literally be impossible for Miami to get back on top, that’s the tone I hear from most of y’all, the season hasn’t even started yet, our best option is to do what we can do on our end (great season, Playoff appearance) & hope he does the right thing, but here’s my thing, why is UGA the obvious? because of bags? we know that there’s an established pattern between recruits & their involvement with the bag game, but why is it always, he’s not going to commit to Miami because Bag$ > Loyalty, him ending up in UGA & not committing to Miami shows that he probably would’ve never ended up here anyways & probably had his mind set up for months, of course this is pure speculation, we’re only assuming Tyrique is considering UGA over us because he is in the bag game, they’re coming off of a 13-2 season, and they’re making him a priority, but him prioritizing UGA over us sounds like more of a mental thing, just like with Campbell, if he’s willing to bail out on established legitimate relationships with coaches & players @ the U, then he never had the mindset to be here anyways, if Bag$ > Loyalty, then if not UGA, it would’ve been Bama, if not Bama it would’ve been Auburn, any team but us. However I just don’t see it with him I just don’t think he’s that kind of player

Advertisement
Newberg used to be on point but it seems every update he gives on our top Targets; Stevenson and Neal as the example we aren’t in the top 3. Sounds a bit odd if you ask me

Pay attention to actions. If he skips Paradise to take another 1400 mile round trip on “his own dime” to watch a redneck cut a ribbon on a locker room or drives 12 hours round trip to hang with Corny Willy, then that’s without a doubt bad for us no matter how you guys spin it.

Driving a few minutes every once in awhile to hang with his friends on UM’s campus is different than attending recruiting events.

Advertisement
Pay attention to actions. If he skips Paradise to take another 1400 mile round trip on “his own dime” to watch a redneck cut a ribbon on a locker room or drives 12 hours round trip to hang with Corny Willy, then that’s without a doubt bad for us no matter how you guys spin it.

Driving a few minutes every once in awhile to hang with his friends on UM’s campus is different than attending recruiting events.
Exactly....

For our featured event, no less!

Advertisement

Hopefully more people start to understand this so we don't have mental *********ion over the next 5 months until he signs somewhere else in December. If he shows up for Paradise, we have a shot. If not, he's not coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back