Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Rique doesn't need to be confined to any one position in the secondary. He could play boundary, nickel and both safety spots. I'd definitely prefer him at CB, however, due to the lack of depth there and the fact we have our heir apparent at each safety spot, not to mention the CB tackling in the run game has been mediocre when runs are bounced outside and we've had 5'9" CBs out there (Mike Jack the exception).

Advertisement
Ivins article on 247 about Stevenson sounded really good for Miami imo
Yea it sounds like we are in a really really good spot with a long way to go. Says he wants to commit in fall which helps us limit the bags and it also seems as if Banda has really clicked with him.

Yea it sounds like we are in a really really good spot with a long way to go. Says he wants to commit in fall which helps us limit the bags and it also seems as if Banda has really clicked with him.
Yeah Banda has definitely done a great job recruiting him

Advertisement
And he doesn’t have a preference. Given his speed he definitely can be a big corner but he’s also 207 and hasn’t played his senior season yet so he might outgrow the position. He’s every bit as good as the elite dbs from the 2018 cycle
He is the same size now as Jalen Ramsey was at the NFL combine... You give TS the coaching Jalen never had in college, sure fire top 5 pick

Good sounding article. Did sound like he was somewhat hedging on the idea of attending Paradise Camp by saying he'll definitely visit Miami at some time in July. Unfortunately, I'd bet he goes to the UGA camp that weekend, but would love to be wrong.

Good sounding article. Did sound like he was somewhat hedging on the idea of attending Paradise Camp by saying he'll definitely visit Miami at some time in July. Unfortunately, I'd bet he goes to the UGA camp that weekend, but would love to be wrong.

It's not a camp. Its some "top recruit" event to unveil their new lockerroom and recruiting center. Purely social event

Advertisement
Lame ASF if he goes to UGA over Paradise. Not sure how Banda qualifys as doing a great job and if that's the case.

Advertisement
If he doesn’t come to Paradise Camp then, he won’t be in this class. Name one top uncommitted target that didn’t show up to Paradise Camp but still signed with Miami.

Spoiler: It hasn’t happened.

If he doesn’t come to Paradise Camp then, he won’t be in this class. Name one top uncommitted target that didn’t show up to Paradise Camp but still signed with Miami.

****, what a fresh take. I'm not sure I've seen this discussed on this site before

I have said this over and over again Paradise does not determine who will be in this class. There will be players that dont go and end up in the class and there will be players that go and do not.

There is no one thing that determines who will be in the class other than a kid signing a LOI. That being said, there is certainly a correlation between a kids who attend Paradise and kids who ultimately sign a LOI to play at Miami. When they come, it's a somewhat positive sign. When they don't (absent a legit excuse, like the IMG kids starting practice or a kid who can't afford to make the trip) it's a somewhat negative sign. And it's a bad sign when they go to some other school's recruiting/social event instead of coming to Paradise.

Advertisement

Jeff Thomas

Will be pleasantly surprised if he signs with Miami

But dude above is right, if he chooses to go to UGA over The biggest recruiting weekend Miami will have this year, then he can fvck off and join the long list of S. Fl. Sellouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back