Tyrique Stevenson nations no.1 CB interview

Advertisement
“Recruiters” don’t matter all that much when your head coach sucks and players know the product sucks.

Coley probably would have been a much better recruiter at UM if he was working for Richt instead of Golden.

Advertisement
You also need to recognize that Surtain and Campbell have had elite level coaching while many of these other players have not and while they might be more ready to make an immediate impact right away they may not have as high of a ceiling as some of these other players.

Facts. People forget this. A lot of these other 17 year olds are doing weight routines drawn up by some fat *** HS football coach that doesn't even know how to squat properly and the kids are going home and eating Syrup sandwiches for dinner. Some of these kids literally can't even get the proper nutrition if they wanted it. Their mom can't afford to buy them meat/eggs for every meal. Then you see them get on campus and they start eating right, lifting right, getting coached up right for the first time in their life and they become elite. I am always wary about the kids who get elite coaching/diet/lifting/etc. from day 1 and then going against kids who don't have that. Once you get to college all of that evens out and its all about talent. You can take a genetic freak and put him on an awful weight routine, awful diet, and terrible coach as a kid and he won't look as good as a decent athlete who had an elite coaching staff around him from day 1, but once the coaching is equal the kids turn into beasts.

Facts. People forget this. A lot of these other 17 year olds are doing weight routines drawn up by some fat *** HS football coach that doesn't even know how to squat properly and the kids are going home and eating Syrup sandwiches for dinner. Some of these kids literally can't even get the proper nutrition if they wanted it. Their mom can't afford to buy them meat/eggs for every meal. Then you see them get on campus and they start eating right, lifting right, getting coached up right for the first time in their life and they become elite. I am always wary about the kids who get elite coaching/diet/lifting/etc. from day 1 and then going against kids who don't have that. Once you get to college all of that evens out and its all about talent. You can take a genetic freak and put him on an awful weight routine, awful diet, and terrible coach as a kid and he won't look as good as a decent athlete who had an elite coaching staff around him from day 1, but once the coaching is equal the kids turn into beasts.
This!
My boys was paramedic back in the day. He said a player during a south ridge game passed out. When they took his blood sugar it was dangerously low. The kid said he hadn’t ate in over a a day cause they’re was no food at the crib. He was eating tomatoes from the field close to his house. This was back in 86. Some of the kids down here have it bad.
This is why I say I don’t hold any morale authority on kids taking bags. Nowadays though kids get taken better care of because of handlers etc... unfortunately they give bad advice and also hook them up with unlicensed trainers and other things and don’t have their best interest in mind most of the time.

Advertisement
This!
My boys was paramedic back in the day. He said a player during a south ridge game passed out. When they took his blood sugar it was dangerously low. The kid said he hadn’t ate in over a a day cause they’re was no food at the crib. He was eating tomatoes from the field close to his house. This was back in 86. Some of the kids down here have it bad.
This is why I say I don’t hold any morale authority on kids taking bags. Nowadays though kids get taken better care of because of handlers etc... unfortunately they give bad advice and also hook them up with unlicensed trainers and other things and don’t have their best interest in mind most of the time.

Exactly. I agree about the bag thing. Also, you need to keep in mind that a lot of these kids go to smaller public schools in other states and don't have as much access to handlers. I knew kids from NYC/NJ that where beasts on the field, but would literally be eating pop tarts for dinner or other non protein food their mom picked up from the corner store and when they hit college they gained 30Lbs of muscle in the first year while also getting faster.

It would be cool, unlikely, but cool nonetheless, if somebody with the means to do so could provide after-practice nutritious meals for all the county's football teams or at least those from severely disadvantaged areas. Maybe have local restaurants or grocery stores chose one practice a month to sponsor a neighborhood team and provide after practice meals. Get 20-30 local businesses and your whole month of meals is set for the kids.

That would help ensure the kids, even the ones not going to college for sports, would be getting proper nutrition and as a byproduct help out struggling parents with one less meal to have to provide during football season.

I would love to see it done for all students county-wide to get an after school meal they can take home with them, but that's def a pipe dream. Just doing it for football teams or youth league teams is probably way more feasible. But I already know it would make a world of difference in how athletes develop at that age to ENSURE that one of their 3 meals a day is DEFINITELY a square meal and not pop tarts or something unhealthy off the dollar menu at a fast food place.

As I said, I doubt anybody would do that, but it would be dope if somebody with the disposable income to do so, paid it forward and did so. Pardon the long *** post. lol

It would be cool, unlikely, but cool nonetheless, if somebody with the means to do so could provide after-practice nutritious meals for all the county's football teams or at least those from severely disadvantaged areas. Maybe have local restaurants or grocery stores chose one practice a month to sponsor a neighborhood team and provide after practice meals. Get 20-30 local businesses and your whole month of meals is set for the kids.

That would help ensure the kids, even the ones not going to college for sports, would be getting proper nutrition and as a byproduct help out struggling parents with one less meal to have to provide during football season.

I would love to see it done for all students county-wide to get an after school meal they can take home with them, but that's def a pipe dream. Just doing it for football teams or youth league teams is probably way more feasible. But I already know it would make a world of difference in how athletes develop at that age to ENSURE that one of their 3 meals a day is DEFINITELY a square meal and not pop tarts or something unhealthy off the dollar menu at a fast food place.

As I said, I doubt anybody would do that, but it would be dope if somebody with the disposable income to do so, paid it forward and did so. Pardon the long *** post. lol

I agree bro. It would be awesome and it would probably create even better players overall for whatever state implements that.

Nope, there are quite a few that are better on film than surtain he just looks like the most college ready corner in size. Stevenson looks like that too as he’s 6’1.5 200 pounds right now

Would anyone say this about Surtain Jr if he committed to us?

Advertisement
Advertisement
It still amazes me anyone wants to play for Mel Tucker...This man doesn't have a **** clue as a DC.

Fax. Between Coley and Tucker, they have 0 coaches. Anyone STILL in denial about the money game is out of their mind.

Yes, at least i would have. I’ve been saying Campbell was better than surtain. And I like A couple of the dbs film we were recruiting a little better other than surtain. I dont think he’s a pure cb. Good prospect that has excellent size though

Go to 4:03

If that’s what you measuring who’s a good DB by you can go pull videos of everybody getting beat. You can go watch the juedy show paradise camp Gil looked horrible out there playing corner. Y’all just say the dumbest ****. Barring injury surtain will be a higher 1st rd draft pick than any DB on our roster

He's still a potential stud, take your green and orange glasses off Brock.
I agree that he’s a potential stud but just based on film I liked a few of the other dbs like Campbell-uga, jobe-bama, frierson-miami, Hall-miami.

And if you put Stevenson film on he’s just as good as anyone we recruited last year

Advertisement
Back