Tyrique Stevenson nations no.1 CB interview

Advertisement
Said no scout ever. Surtain was the best to come out of south florida since Patrick Johnson/Peterson.
I think Campbell better but I do think they both > Stevenson although there’s something about Stevenson that makes me feel as if he is special

I think Campbell better but I do think they both > Stevenson although there’s something about Stevenson that makes me feel as if he is special

Stevenson is EASILY better than Surtain. Surtain isn't even better than Frierson or Ivey as a CB prospect.

Advertisement
Said no scout ever. Surtain was the best to come out of south florida since Patrick Johnson/Peterson.
Nope, there are quite a few that are better on film than surtain he just looks like the most college ready corner in size. Stevenson looks like that too as he’s 6’1.5 200 pounds right now

Nope, there are quite a few that are better on film than surtain he just looks like the most college ready corner in size. Stevenson looks like that too as he’s 6’1.5 200 pounds right now

You have to have teams try you to have a lot of film. The best compliment a corner can have is limited highlights. Surtain Jr has less than five catches on him in two years of football playing some of the best talent in the entire country.

People here have tried to dismiss him ever since the day we seemed like we had no shot. That's stupid as he's as elite of a corner as it gets.

Tyson has more upside with the speed, providing he can maintain that speed as he bulks up. He has a small frame, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. He'll need to add it quick though as physical wide receivers will bully him initially. He certainly got the CIS bump around here since it seemed like we would have a chance and now those peoples opinions are set in stone.

As for film, you're talking highlights. Watch a game of his, he's on his dude like glue. Don't confuse the two, highlights versus film.

Why do people continue with this stuff? Is there a single human being left in the UGA athletic department that was there in 1999? I have no idea how any of this is remotely relevant.

I know everyone does it. ****, we might be the loudest of the bunch. We sell kids all the time on "TEU"....as if Bubba Franks and Jeremy Shockey have one single shred of relevancy to how successful Keon Zipperer will be. I guess sometimes it works, I just always laugh at this stuff. As if a kid is going to not go to UGA because Champ Bailey was the last draftee 20 years ago (is that even true?)......he's going to play for Mel Tucker and Kirby Smart who have coached countless kids in the league.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

A little Duke Johnson in there for good measure.

Advertisement
You have to have teams try you to have a lot of film. The best compliment a corner can have is limited highlights. Surtain Jr has less than five catches on him in two years of football playing some of the best talent in the entire country.

People here have tried to dismiss him ever since the day we seemed like we had no shot. That's stupid as he's as elite of a corner as it gets.

Tyson has more upside with the speed, providing he can maintain that speed as he bulks up. He has a small frame, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. He'll need to add it quick though as physical wide receivers will bully him initially. He certainly got the CIS bump around here since it seemed like we would have a chance and now those peoples opinions are set in stone.

As for film, you're talking highlights. Watch a game of his, he's on his dude like glue. Don't confuse the two, highlights versus film.
You also need to recognize that Surtain and Campbell have had elite level coaching while many of these other players have not and while they might be more ready to make an immediate impact right away they may not have as high of a ceiling as some of these other players.

With all due respect Mr Surtain, you're full of ****

Anyone wanna bet me a grand that Surtain is a first round pick in 3 years? Straight up. My grand vs yours. Y'all are some real life haters man. Just cause a kid doesn't pick us, he's garbage. That's a first round DB, 3 years and out. Just man up and say we took the L, **** happens. Such haters in this world these days.

Anyone wanna bet me a grand that Surtain is a first round pick in 3 years? Straight up. My grand vs yours. Y'all are some real life haters man. Just cause a kid doesn't pick us, he's garbage. That's a first round DB, 3 years and out. Just man up and say we took the L, **** happens. Such haters in this world these days.
The dude is really good, and will no doubt be a high draft pick, but best since Patrick Peterson?

Advertisement

Thanks for the ANALysis Mrs. Surtain

The dude is really good, and will no doubt be a high draft pick, but best since Patrick Peterson?
Hes good but I would take PP over him all day but PS2 is the goods, Saban doesnt go after bumb dbs so chances are hes probably going to be good.

Advertisement

lol surtain is garbage as a cb. Ivey, Samuel, frierson, Campbell are all better than him as a cb prospect. Surtain will get waxed left and right by guys like Thomas and Richards.

Advertisement
Back