Tyrique Stevenson nations no.1 CB interview

Artie, Michael Jackson should go in next years draft and jaquan might sneak in if a team feels he can be like earl Thomas
That’s possibly two since they been able to watch tv and understand what’s going on. We don’t need to go pull the bama list because we know. All I’m saying is we laying the foundation for it but to get these top 10 DBs we gotta start pumping out first rounders again. Turn Ivey, Gil, carter, and hall into national names potential first rounders and watch the difference

Advertisement
I don't know if kids look at that as much as they did 5-10 years ago when every top DB went to LSU and every top QB went to USC. If that was the case every DB would be looking at OSU as there top choice because they have gone crazy with 1st round picks in there secondary the last 2-3 years.

Whether we get Tyrique or not will depend on a lot of things and our "DB NFL Pipeline" will be down the list. It wont hurt though if Gil and Ivey show out there freshmen year, wearing the TO chain and guys like Stephenson wanting to be apart of it.

I don't know if kids look at that as much as they did 5-10 years ago when every top DB went to LSU and every top QB went to USC. If that was the case every DB would be looking at OSU as there top choice because they have gone crazy with 1st round picks in there secondary the last 2-3 years.

Whether we get Tyrique or not will depend on a lot of things and our "DB NFL Pipeline" will be down the list. It wont hurt though if Gil and Ivey show out there freshmen year, wearing the TO chain and guys like Stephenson wanting to be apart of it.
Ohio st on one our commits heals now I wonder why he’s so infatuated with them? It’s probably the tradition academics and location right

Advertisement
The last UGA defensive back drafted in the first round was Champ Bailey 1999.

Why do people continue with this stuff? Is there a single human being left in the UGA athletic department that was there in 1999? I have no idea how any of this is remotely relevant.

I know everyone does it. ****, we might be the loudest of the bunch. We sell kids all the time on "TEU"....as if Bubba Franks and Jeremy Shockey have one single shred of relevancy to how successful Keon Zipperer will be. I guess sometimes it works, I just always laugh at this stuff. As if a kid is going to not go to UGA because Champ Bailey was the last draftee 20 years ago (is that even true?)......he's going to play for Mel Tucker and Kirby Smart who have coached countless kids in the league.

Here's part of the Dawg write up from the weekend visit:

"The coaches let me know I am a priority and a great fit in their defense," Stevenson said. "Georgia told me they want to sign four players who can play cornerback in this class because they need corners. The Georgia coaches are just really cool. They know how to connect with us and make everything understandable. Coach Smart is so cool and funny - he is the type of head coach you want to play for.
"Mel Tucker is a great coach and an even better guy. I feel like if I were to come to Georgia, we would be a great fit together."
Accompanying Stevenson for the first time was his mother, who has also visited Auburn and Miami to date.
"My mom loved it," Stevenson said. "Now I am going to sit back and listen to what she has to say."
The Bulldogs signed four players from the Miami area in the last cycle, including a defensive back in Divaad Wilson whom Stevenson is very close with.
"I actually just got off the phone with him," Stevenson said. "We talk about everything. I asked him what it takes to make it at Georgia, he told me, and we just chopped it up."
8COMMENTS
Florida, Miami, and Auburn are among the teams also pushing with the four-star defensive back, but the Bulldogs appear to be well positioned at the moment.
Perhaps he should get on the phone with Rachad Wildgoose and chop it up with him about Mel Tucker, James Coley, and Curby Smart.

OT, but did anyone see the Atlanta episode where Earn and Al end up at that white frat? Dude who was pledging the naked guys looked JUST LIKE Kirby. I was dying.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stevenson must be recruited by Diaz and Richt! Over the past several years, l have noticed Myers saban and David being aggressively involved with top talent. Richt and Diaz must go after: Richards Stevenson Davis Evans Davis (lb) and Juco DTs.

Bogle was killing it in the first half. Literally a one man wrecking crew apparently. (per Ivins reporting) Haven't seen updates anywhere for the second half yet.

I have a bad feeling about Tyrique. I don't think he's coming fellas. Hope like **** he does...but folks I believe say he isn't

Then again, Dee says he is and I believe him. Idk. Crooting is crooting.

Advertisement
The next 5 star sofla recruit that comes here will be a top 5 pick. The reason will be because he will have to be so mentally tough and determined to say no to so much. That type of mindset coupled with the skill set will be an unstoppable force in the field.

The next 5 star sofla recruit that comes here will be a top 5 pick. The reason will be because he will have to be so mentally tough and determined to say no to so much. That type of mindset coupled with the skill set will be an unstoppable force in the field.
Great post. So true. The amount these kids are offered has to be crazy. You have to bet on yourself to go to Miami. Pure confidence

Went to the Ridge game for alittle and caught the second half. Tyrique caught a jump ball for a 2pt conversion that hurt some feelings.

Advertisement
Saw Banda, Hall, Frieson, Rosseu, Ivey, Nesta on the field and lingawd in the bleachers.

Dude, if that ain't love and loyalty, nothing is. Chess, not checkers by our best recruiters, the players themselves. If Rique comes and commits early, it could be a start of a domino effect of studs. That's 5 Star Talent right there.
Go Canes!

Dude, if that ain't love and loyalty, nothing is. Chess, not checkers by our best recruiters, the players themselves. If Rique comes and commits early, it could be a start of a domino effect of studs. That's 5 Star Talent right there.
Go Canes!
Yeah, think Hightower was there also...

Advertisement
Back