Tyriq McCord visiting this weekend

Advertisement
Got no dog in this fight, but the University of South Carolina (USC)(1805) was a university before California was a state, and is some seventy years older that the University of Southern California.

Chronologically speaking, U of SC South Carolina, or USC is descriptive of the state University, but as hard as I looked, I can't find a state named Southern California - unless you count this as Northern Mexico.

In which case the Western USC should maybe be called UNM. University of Northern Mexico.

Got no dog in this fight, but the University of South Carolina (USC)(1805) was a university before California was a state, and is some seventy years older that the University of Southern California.

Chronologically speaking, U of SC South Carolina, or USC is descriptive of the state University, but as hard as I looked, I can't find a state named Southern California - unless you count this as Northern Mexico.

In which case the Western USC should maybe be called UNM. University of Northern Mexico.

So when people say 'I went to Miami', we should start assuming Miami University... the one in Ohio; it's been around longer than University of Miami.

I get your point and I am sure some (if not all) of it is tongue in cheek, but it's all relative; Utah is called 'The U' and so is Minnesota by some people. Utah would have more of a claim on The U than us given that Utah actually starts with a 'U', but the majority of people outside of Minnesota and Utah know 'The U' as Miami (thanks to Monday night football). What about 'UM'? I grew up in the DC area where UM is Maryland. In Florida it's Miami, but most of the rest of the country would probably assume Michigan. Like I said before, it's all relative.

Last edited:

So when people say 'I went to Miami', we should start assuming Miami University... the one in Ohio?

You should, they have more students....unless of course you are in the city of Miami Fl.....playing the odds anyway.

USCw is actually a directional school, and the real USC is in South Carolina.

So when people say 'I went to Miami', we should start assuming Miami University... the one in Ohio?

You should, they have more students....unless of course you are in the city of Miami Fl.....playing the odds anyway.

Bullshyte., ANYWHERE you go in this country, EXCEPT in the Carolinas or bordering states, when people sya USC they are talking about Southern California, especially when it is about football.

Stoopid argument. There is ONE USC and ONE SC. That was even decided in court.

Advertisement
A lot of people who follow USC recruiting believe he and Agholar are silent commits to USC.

I am not making a prediction, one way or the other, just reporting what has been a pretty open secret on USC Boards.

Florida people are saying the same thing, so who knows?

Which USC? Ya South Carolina for Mccord there his leader at the moment

There is only ONE USC, and it ain't in South CaroFackingLina.
If McCord ends up somewhere else, then it just means he and Agholar weren't a package deal.

Gotta agree with the Trojan on this one. IT annoys the **** out of me when people try to call SOuth Carolina USC. lol

Does it annoy you when people call North Carolina UNC? :p

Bullshyte., ANYWHERE you go in this country, EXCEPT in the Carolinas or bordering states, when people sya USC they are talking about Southern California, especially when it is about football.

Keep telling yourself that lol

Keep telling yourself that lol

In the AP Poll, THIS WEEK, which USC is listed? And how is South Carolina listed?

Go look at an NFL Draft History. All those Number 1 Draft Picks are listed as being from USC. The paltry few that the Gamecocks have had are listed as being from South Carolina.

End of argument. Red necks call us Southern Cal. EVERYWHERE else in the country, if you mention USC, it is Southern California that is recognized.

Go to Texas and say USC. they have no freaking idea you are talking about South Carolina. Same in Big Ten country and the Northeast. You are just being dumb right now.

You need to travel more.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Watch out for South Carolina here.

I guess it will come down to whether him and Agholar want to play together.

Monte K is there right now, which is good for USC I think

Gaytors are pretty confident Agholor is heading to Gainesville.

They are going to have plenty of room, that is for sure. I hear Ronald Powell is next to bolt.

Who knows where any kid will end up? With kids like Farmer, Woods and Lee, I was 100% certain they were Trojans just because of what I knew about them, but all I know is that Agholar sure puts out stuff that leads me to believe he loves YSC and is really close with some of the players on the team, and most of the commits.

he may be saying the same thing about Florida, I don't know anything about that.

I like USC's chances though.

Advertisement
i don't know blem....that boy monte got 3 years tops. **** had beef with lincoln back in the days

Watch out for South Carolina here.

I guess it will come down to whether him and Agholar want to play together.

Monte K is there right now, which is good for USC I think

Gaytors are pretty confident Agholor is heading to Gainesville.

They are going to have plenty of room, that is for sure. I hear Ronald Powell is next to bolt.

Who knows where any kid will end up? With kids like Farmer, Woods and Lee, I was 100% certain they were Trojans just because of what I knew about them, but all I know is that Agholar sure puts out stuff that leads me to believe he loves YSC and is really close with some of the players on the team, and most of the commits.

he may be saying the same thing about Florida, I don't know anything about that.

I like USC's chances though.

Come on man, he's not going to South Carolina.

I hear Ronald Powell is next to bolt.

you are hearing wrong.

The usc insiders are saying that Ronald's 'mentor' have contacted the USC staff. That alone is the tell that the story is bull****. The powells have cut that guy out of their lives

Advertisement
Back