Tyre Brady picture from yesterday

This might be the like the year Andre Cooper from Jacksonville was widely regarded as the best WR in the country. He went to FSU. Our recruiting staff was saying privately that they had recruited a better WR from Lake City. That was Yatil Green. Green was much more talented than Cooper. His only problem was, he couldn't stay healthy. He was a first round draft choice, but he was overlooked in HS, at least as far as the attention and honors. Cooper might be Lane as Green is to Brady (without the injuries).

Advertisement
This might be the like the year Andre Cooper from Jacksonville was widely regarded as the best WR in the country. He went to FSU. Our recruiting staff was saying privately that they had recruited a better WR from Lake City. That was Yatil Green. Green was much more talented than Cooper. His only problem was, he couldn't stay healthy. He was a first round draft choice, but he was overlooked in HS, at least as far as the attention and honors. Cooper might be Lane as Green is to Brady (without the injuries).

Maybe.....
You cant ignore the fact that Brady looks like a specimen and is smooth, but just didnt really shine in HS. I dont live in S Fl so what do I know but the gist I got is that many felt that Brady was just as good if not better growing up, but Lane just kept improving while Brady just always stayed in that dreaded potential category. LIke said the kid has a crazy high ceiling.....

Maybe.....
You cant ignore the fact that Brady looks like a specimen and is smooth, but just didnt really shine in HS. I dont live in S Fl so what do I know but the gist I got is that many felt that Brady was just as good if not better growing up, but Lane just kept improving while Brady just always stayed in that dreaded potential category. LIke said the kid has a crazy high ceiling.....

Part of that is that Brady barely played any high school ball, for various reasons, and did not receive the same level and volume of coaching.

Advertisement
I just hope he's fast/agile/flexible enough to stay outside and not grow into TE land.

Swags that was one of ther easons i liked Brady. Kid is 6'3 + with lil man feet. South Dade threw him short screens all season, because he got rac every time. He aint just a long strider, kid is very smooth at his height...it isnt awky (awkward) when he runs, etc. To me he is what we have right now in Dmauri Jones developmental wise...but as a Freshman. Like some have stated he negated the lost of Ermon Lane for me....theres not much difference between the two...Ermon maybe more physical...i think Brady might actually outrun Ermon. Ermon has better ball skills, but Brady has a higher ceiling.

This right here. Brady caught my eye at the 2012 Golden Camp because he was getting in and out of breaks better than the little guys.

The only problem with Brady is that he has small hands and isn't a guy who plays big with the ball in the air. He's the opposite of Darrell Langham.

Advertisement
Andre Cooper was the consensus #1 WR in the country his SR year, but he showed up to FSU and could not bench 135 lbs once. As a senior he only ran 4.8 forty. He could run a nice fade route though.

Yatil Green was a specimen, but injuries ruined him. The staff did a great job of getting him from FSU territory....Lake City Columbia.

I just hope he's fast/agile/flexible enough to stay outside and not grow into TE land.

Swags that was one of ther easons i liked Brady. Kid is 6'3 + with lil man feet. South Dade threw him short screens all season, because he got rac every time. He aint just a long strider, kid is very smooth at his height...it isnt awky (awkward) when he runs, etc. To me he is what we have right now in Dmauri Jones developmental wise...but as a Freshman. Like some have stated he negated the lost of Ermon Lane for me....theres not much difference between the two...Ermon maybe more physical...i think Brady might actually outrun Ermon. Ermon has better ball skills, but Brady has a higher ceiling.

This right here. Brady caught my eye at the 2012 Golden Camp because he was getting in and out of breaks better than the little guys.

The only problem with Brady is that he has small hands and isn't a guy who plays big with the ball in the air. He's the opposite of Darrell Langham.

Don't like to hear that. That's mostly something that can't be coached, you either have it or you don't. Who knows though, it is entirely possible that he works hard on it. Even if he can't, doesn't mean he won't be a good one.

I was not a big fan of Brady's game for a long time but watched some South Dade film recently and I am more intrigued now. It looks like Brady plays a tick slow which is probably because of his lack of time playing organized football over the last few years. A few years at UM and that should be gone and he should be making plays. Like you mention Lane has Elite ball skills and that is what separates him from other big WR's.

Advertisement
I don't think Brady is better than Lane... Too be fair he doesn't have to be... As long as he's productive... I think he'll be productive as well as continue to be a physical freak... I think everyone is looking at his physical measurable a which is out of this world but I think he's still continuing to learn the game...

Advertisement
Back