Tyler Williams

I was very aware of Nico Collins, like I said he stood out enough to be selected by an nfl team on day 2 of the draft. More so than the receiver we had who just went for 79 and 1100 yards last year.
Which to a thinking person would have glaringly just told them that the combine and testing numbers matter the most to the NFL, but I guess that didn't happen for you. Pretty sure the discussion was standing out in college though not where the NFL drafted you. Since you just brought up Rambo, yes he was a good example of a WR "standing out" in college.

Advertisement
Which to a thinking person would have glaringly just told them that the combine and testing numbers matter the most to the NFL, but I guess that didn't happen for you. Pretty sure the discussion was standing out in college though not where the NFL drafted you. Since you just brought up Rambo, yes he was a good example of a WR "standing out" in college.

You don’t think 19 yards per catch is standing out? And Rambo standing out last year that much led him where though fam? Gattis can say his player who did this in college got him drafted in the 3rd round under his offense.

You don’t think 19 yards per catch is standing out? And Rambo standing out last year that much led him where though fam? Gattis can say his player who did this in college got him drafted in the 3rd round under his offense.
It's an impressive stat, but at no point in time would I have ever considered Nico Collins a standout WR. Apparently neither did anyone else paying attention because he never even made an all conference team at any level.

It's an impressive stat, but at no point in time would I have ever considered Nico Collins a standout WR. Apparently neither did anyone else paying attention because he never even made an all conference team at any level.

At the end of the day Josh Gattis did his job. There have been plenty of receivers with Collins measurables that have just flopped. He got his receivers drafted in the 3rd round. That’s a selling point.

Does that mean all the south Florida kids know what scheme is best for them? That's the educated decisions they're making now? Really? On the eve of hykeem committing to the semenholes and Jean to the turds? Smfh. These kids deal in emotions & checks. Nothing more. Also before you make a statement that finalizes something might be better off waiting to see what happens. Anyone that thinks this scheme won't allow wr to stand out should stick to soccer.
obviously not. I dont agree w their decisions. they're just influenced like all of us at 16-18.

Advertisement
I didn't expect you to remember the stats lol. My point was that he didn't actually stand out that's why you had to search if anyone did.

Fair assessment though we can agree to disagree. I'm not saying fire him today, but I don't have the patience you do. Not with the expectations of this staff, the price tag he came with, and the endless bRoYLeS aWArD talk from our fans. I'll tell you a secret that you probably already know, but 98% of the people that were on here sunshine pumping him all off season had zero clue about his Michigan failures. Let's hope today is the start of things clicking and me ending up wrong on him, but I'm not holding my breath.
I was one of them. I defended gattis a lot in the offseason when we were having issues recruiting WRs locally. I agree w you on the we dont need to fire him. its still way too early for that. there are plenty of games left to improve.

Perception of our offense, negative recruiting are the main ones.
agreed. thats all ive been saying. the perception isnt good right now. plenty of time to fix and change it just gotta show it on field. talk wont cut it. there's always negative recruiting so im not worried about that as much but just gotta change the way our coaches are perceived on offense.

Advertisement
Think the perception of our offense comes more so from Mario being HC and his philosophy than from Gattis at this point.
a bit of both. its def the HC but gattis most successful season at mich as an oc was a heavy run offense last season but ive said and it was reported that Harbaugh got more involved and hired a co-oc. it doesn't mean its all true though.

I was one of them. I defended gattis a lot in the offseason when we were having issues recruiting WRs locally. I agree w you on the we dont need to fire him. its still way too early for that. there are plenty of games left to improve.
A reasonable take from hoops......who woulda thunk it ;)

On the real though, I'm pretty sure everyone here agrees that Gattis' offense needs to obviously improve. I think the disagreements are the varying extremes regarding how bad it actually is (some believing Gattis is already cooked vs some believing there is time to improve).

But **** man...he really missed in the portal. Red zone offense aka scoring points is #1 on my list of things he needs to fix. But holy **** how do you absolutely botch the transfer portal when you see first hand how bad your WRs are. Here's a list of WRs (with their current production) we probably had a shot with:

Jadon Haselwood (OU to Arkansas): 158 yards, 2 TDs
Jacob Cowing (UTEP to Arizona): 253 yards, 5 TDs
Jacob Copeland (UF to Maryland): 178 yards, 2 TDs
Javon Baker (Bama to UCF): 251 yards, 2 TDs
Antwane Wells (JMU to USCe): 244 yards, 1 TD
Tyler Hudson (Central Arkansas): 209 yards, 0 TD
Mitchell Tinsley (WKU to Penn State): 158 yards, 2 TDs
Tayvion Robinson (VT to UK): 202 yards, 0 TDs
Trey Palmer (LSU to Nebraska): 323 yards, 1 TD
Matt Landers (Toledo to Arkansas): 211 yards, 0 TDs
Johnny Wilson (ASU to FSU): 260 yards, 2 TDs

Not including guys we were reportedly going after that never transferred: Zay Flowers (285 yards, 3 TDs), Xavier Worthy (162 yards, 0 TDs), Tyrese Chambers (158 yards, 2 TDs).

Anyone of those guys would have been MASSIVE improvements over Ladson.

a bit of both. its def the HC but gattis most successful season at mich as an oc was a heavy run offense last season but ive said and it was reported that Harbaugh got more involved and hired a co-oc. it doesn't mean its all true though.

Yea I’m sure harbaugh did and they had another dude who came in and supposedly helped out as well, think their OC now. Will see how the season progresses.

A reasonable take from hoops......who woulda thunk it ;)

On the real though, I'm pretty sure everyone here agrees that Gattis' offense needs to obviously improve. I think the disagreements are the varying extremes regarding how bad it actually is (some believing Gattis is already cooked vs some believing there is time to improve).

But **** man...he really missed in the portal. Red zone offense aka scoring points is #1 on my list of things he needs to fix. But holy **** how do you absolutely botch the transfer portal when you see first hand how bad your WRs are. Here's a list of WRs (with their current production) we probably had a shot with:

Jadon Haselwood (OU to Arkansas): 158 yards, 2 TDs
Jacob Cowing (UTEP to Arizona): 253 yards, 5 TDs
Jacob Copeland (UF to Maryland): 178 yards, 2 TDs
Javon Baker (Bama to UCF): 251 yards, 2 TDs
Antwane Wells (JMU to USCe): 244 yards, 1 TD
Tyler Hudson (Central Arkansas): 209 yards, 0 TD
Mitchell Tinsley (WKU to Penn State): 158 yards, 2 TDs
Tayvion Robinson (VT to UK): 202 yards, 0 TDs
Trey Palmer (LSU to Nebraska): 323 yards, 1 TD
Matt Landers (Toledo to Arkansas): 211 yards, 0 TDs
Johnny Wilson (ASU to FSU): 260 yards, 2 TDs

Not including guys we were reportedly going after that never transferred: Zay Flowers (285 yards, 3 TDs), Xavier Worthy (162 yards, 0 TDs), Tyrese Chambers (158 yards, 2 TDs).

Anyone of those guys would have been MASSIVE improvements over Ladson.
the Wilson one annoys me bc how the **** did the donk find a portal WR before us. nah but I guess wed have to eventually hit a flop there - we got pretty lucky that KJ and Rambo both worked out well

Advertisement
I think Mario breaks the Lakeland curse. But I don’t think it’s this player or this cycle.

Also, looking at TW, if he commits I will only believe it is because he is Jon Vilma’s illegitimate son.

the Wilson one annoys me bc how the **** did the donk find a portal WR before us. nah but I guess wed have to eventually hit a flop there - we got pretty lucky that KJ and Rambo both worked out well
He was in portal for a couple days Dec 21. Mario was here only a couple weeks and we didnt have offensive staff while he tried to close recruiting early class by himself.. That transition we missed out on some guys.. Trey Palmer was the one that irk me but yea Wilson is a weapon with that size

Advertisement
Does that mean all the south Florida kids know what scheme is best for them? That's the educated decisions they're making now? Really? On the eve of hykeem committing to the semenholes and Jean to the turds? Smfh. These kids deal in emotions & checks. Nothing more. Also before you make a statement that finalizes something might be better off waiting to see what happens. Anyone that thinks this scheme won't allow wr to stand out should stick to soccer.
Bro - you need to stop taking out soccer every cot **** chance you get and fvking respect it more, dammit 😂😂😂😂

Sure, they flop like salmon out of water when you give them a little love tap but so do basketball players.

Knockout Reaction GIF by ElevenSportsBE

soccer fail GIF

ligue 1 football GIF by beIN SPORTS

soccer GIF

emerson palmieri football GIF by AS Roma

flop GIF by SB Nation

Lebron James Basketball GIF by FOX Sports: Watch. Enjoy. Repeat.

Basketball Flop GIF by Worcester Wolves

We have two of the most athletic WRs in the country committed to us as we speak.

Yeah, we do have problems recruiting the position...

Not discounting those guys but When you will miss out on 4 (maybe 5) 5 star sofla kids at a position of need over a 2 year cycle, yeah, that’s a problem.

He was in portal for a couple days Dec 21. Mario was here only a couple weeks and we didnt have offensive staff while he tried to close recruiting early class by himself.. That transition we missed out on some guys.. Trey Palmer was the one that irk me but yea Wilson is a weapon with that size
Didn’t say we should’ve went after him. More so I’m annoyed fsu found a portal wr

Advertisement
Back