Tyler Van Dyke - great article from local paper

Advertisement
Interesting stuff. Anyone know about the Suffield Academy program? Saw references to post-grad players. Sounds like a combination of HS and post-grad players.

Also nice to see Jimmy Murphy helping close the deal.

Advertisement
Odd that pg players are mixed in with hs players. At fork union, we had a pg team and then a hs team. Which is how most pg programs are run.

Advertisement
Thanks for sharing.

After reading that he’s a legit pitcher and since he’s committed to the Canes; as an unqualified scouting expert I have no choice but to grade this prospect as an A+ and declare that his floor is Pat Mahomes.

I thought it was also interesting that TVD’s team is playing the team led by Taisun P.’s little brother at QB. Remember Taisun was the kid who wanted the Miami offer and never got it? He committed to Clemson- I think he’s like 3rd-4th string guy there as a freshman. Dee was very high on him.

This kid is super impressive. Can't wait to see him develop under Enos. The schools may be small and exclusive. But it's not like he's surrounded by a bunch of scrubs. He's got some serious talent on that team, and playing against Taisun's little brother for the championship.

NE Football is such a small world. I got a kick out of reading that Van Dyke's grandfather was the guy who first spotted Mark Whipple as the AD of the University of New Haven.

Advertisement
I thought it was also interesting that TVD’s team is playing the team led by Taisun P.’s little brother at QB. Remember Taisun was the kid who wanted the Miami offer and never got it? He committed to Clemson- I think he’s like 3rd-4th string guy there as a freshman. Dee was very high on him.
Tai was joe Montana if you ask CIS. He probably won’t ever play real snaps at Clemson with sunshine having one more year and they got the #1 quarterback

Van Dyke and Enos are going to do work with each other. He finally got a QB who can excel under Center. Van Dyke is supposed to be super smart as well so I would imagine he will find it easy to learn the offense
I know everyone is hyped on Enos getting his pro style QB for under center looks, but I wish he’d keep exploring the formations Jarren was working out of against LVille.

Tai was joe Montana if you ask CIS. He probably won’t ever play real snaps at Clemson with sunshine having one more year and they got the #1 quarterback
He may as well have been Joe Montana they way we were recruiting QB's

Advertisement
If you have been around NFL QBs you know there is a sound when they throw the ball. The same thing happens in the PGA when someone hits the ball, particularly off the tee, but you also get it in the fairway. When you hear those you just know what guy is different. If that is what "whoosh" means I am excited. Doesn't mean he has any other attributes, or that he will succeed in college or the NFL, but that sound matters and all the real deal NFL QBs have it.

Advertisement
Back