Tyler Van Dyke - ESPN New 2020 Rankings

Some don't pan out I think it's more about what coaches can teach their players
not really if u got Nick Saban going balls out for the Juedy's Sanders and Coopers of the world. If he went after the average Joe he would not be able to teach them how to be Coopers etc. All the elite coaches would go after randoms/default players

If someone not Duke Johnson u cant teach them to be Duke Johnson they are who they are, evaluations are way more important yes but if u find a stud there a stud theres no middle ground

Advertisement
Ivins was asked about the 247 rankings. He said he expected TVD to drop based on the Opening performance. didn't project what the drop would be
Here's what he said

[quote id="133684931"]

He moved back three overall spots in the rankings. That's simply other guys elsewhere moving up in the rankings. I don't think that has anything to do with what he did at The Opening.[/quote]

Kid has a skill set to work with. He got invited to The Opening (even if it was from others dropping out). He is a top 20 QB in america. You have to trust that Enos knows what he is looking for. QB rankings don’t really mean much.

Agree. Jeff Driskel was rated the top QB in his class because he was big and athletic and had a strong arm so he impressed the jocksniffers at their events. Dude can't read a defense or hit the broad side of the barn. He lost to an Al Golden team. I also remember the hype for Max Browne who had average traits but put up huge numbers against bad teams in WA.

@Roman Marciante broke down TVD in detail. There shouldn't be any lingering doubts about the kid regardless of what the neckbeards at 247 think.

Advertisement
Agree. Jeff Driskel was rated the top QB in his class because he was big and athletic and had a strong arm so he impressed the jocksniffers at their events. Dude can't read a defense or hit the broad side of the barn. He lost to an Al Golden team. I also remember the hype for Max Browne who had average traits but put up huge numbers against bad teams in WA.

@Roman Marciante broke down TVD in detail. There shouldn't be any lingering doubts about the kid regardless of what the neckbeards at 247 think.
Kyle Wright said Hold My Beer!

Advertisement
Yes but A lot of times they didn't do anything because they was undercoached or the style offense or defense was different or got injured
See theres a flaw in this theory. Those very guys that were under coached...lets say some made the NFL (which some did)
They get NFL coaching and still play the same level as in college (which happened alot)

Is the excuse still coaching or is it the evals were off? Guys r who they are....this fan base refuses to accept that.

Advertisement
See theres a flaw in this theory. Those very guys that were under coached...lets say some made the NFL (which some did)
They get NFL coaching and still play the same level as in college (which happened alot)

Is the excuse still coaching or is it the evals were off? Guys r who they are....this fan base refuses to accept that.
Players that are teachable and great coaching makes good players great as well

All I know is that I’ll take TVD all day, every day. Kid can make the throws, is accurate with the ball, and is a true athlete. He’s going to come in here in 2020 gunning for the incumbent starter. Not saying he will win out versus a Jr QB but he most definitely will not be intimidated by the talent level of the players around him.

Advertisement
The QB position is rife with 5 star busts and 3 star heroes for a reason—it’s an incredibly tough position to evaluate. It’s a lot less about what the 247 nerds covet (how guys look in shorts playing touch 7 on 7 nonsense) and all about how guys can process info incredibly fast under enormous duress.

You never know what you really got until the guy takes snaps with the band playing because all of these guys in today’s environment can go through the camp drills and look like heroes.

Would you prefer Baker Mayfield or Jake Heaps? I bet 99% of you would have wanted Heaps because of his 5 star status. You’re just not honest enough to admit it and admit that the star **** is fairly useless at some positions such as QB.

Advertisement
Back