Tyler Harrell 2018 WR and EVENTUALLY Commits to the Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I get the point you are trying to make but you went to far with "clear #1" you believe he is clear #1 solely because Bama wanted him...

BUT he was not #1 even at Louisville and you think he walks into Bama's room and is a clear #1 over the people they have?

In 2018, he appeared in 2 games, caught 2 passes for 36 yards all coming in a loss to GTech, ended up redshirting,
2019 appeared in 2 games, no catches
2020 no stats, may have sat out during COVID
2021 18 receptions for 523 yards in 13 games played so averages basically 1.3 catches a game and his best game was against Air Force (4 catches 80 yds and a TD) and MAYBE UVA, he had 2 catches but for 100 yards including a 92 yarder. (finished 3rd in Receiving yards and 5th in catches at Lville)

Now I am not knocking him. Dude is good, would have loved him here but lets not get carried away with a clear cut #1 when 4 years removed from HS dude has 20 catches for less than 600 yards, I mean those are Dee Wiggins and Pope #s...
Happened JUST last year WITH bama, lol.. They took a bench player from OSU and turned him into arguably the best weapon in college football. They know how to put that speed to use..

Would have loved to have him here but I cant blame the kid making a biz decision to spend 6 months in bama that will change him and his family's life..

Advertisement
so now what?

I don't think we can go into the season with what we have on the roster at WR.
TVD is only as good as his pass catchers and you can only throw so many passes to RB and TE.

Happened JUST last year WITH bama, lol.. They took a bench player from OSU and turned him into arguably the best weapon in college football. They know how to put that speed to use..

Would have loved to have him here but I cant blame the kid making a biz decision to spend 6 months in bama that will change him and his family's life..

I mean... some slight differences brody....

Williams- 2019 recruit, top 100 player, high 4*, had some studs in front on him in 2019, Binjamin Victor, Austin Mack, Olave. In 2020 he started six games (Covid year) and averaged 17 yards per catch. He was not a bench player he was a starter as a true soph, transferred for his junior year and went pro. Williams might have done the same **** at OSU had he stayed.

Harrell -2018 recruit, not even a top 850 player (#897) low 3* no real fire power in front of him aside from Tutu. Is now on his last year of eligibility, TBD how he plays.

That is like Juedy transferring from Bama after his first or second year (14 catches averaged 18 YPC) to Miami and he blows up and goes pro his junior year and saying we took a bench player and turned him into a star, nah he was gonna do that at Bama too just needed to wait his turn.

Sucks a kid from Miami who went to the same high school as our head coach didn't even consider us. I get the attraction to Alabama but **** you would think this would be close to lock for us at a position of need.
When you look at their rate of sending high draft pick WRs to the league and how ours rarely get drafted the last 10 years... We have ground to make up.

so now what?

I don't think we can go into the season with what we have on the roster at WR.
TVD is only as good as his pass catchers and you can only throw so many passes to RB and TE.
Other names out there and more will jump in.

Advertisement
Somebody needs to get in Ja’Corey Brooks’ ear and let him know they don’t believe in him over there, he should come home
There’s a reason he went to Bama he can live with that decision. There’s other pass catchers out there in the portal.

Advertisement
I’m sure he’s devastated.
Harrell's reaction to @canedotcom 's post
step brothers crying GIF

My portal threads have not ended well. First Mims and now Harrell (although this one was a foregone conclusion prior to me posting it, I was just hoping against hope). Let's hope that Gentry breaks the trend.

A team that signs multiple 5-star WR’s in every class has taken 2 WR’s out the Portal this Spring.

Meanwhile we have fans that think we don’t need a WR lol

This dude Saban just put out an “unintended” recruiting narrative today in an interview. He casually said (paraphrasing) he found out since 2007, his draft picks have made collectively $1.3b in their NFL careers. I literally can’t wait to knock these dudes off their perch.

In my experience of working with the athletes at Columbus as an assistant strength and conditioning coach. There wasn’t a huge affinity or loyalty to Miami, which blew my mind. I was there when Elijah Roberts was a sophomore along with Xavier Henderson, and Tyler Harrell as upperclassmen.
They had more interest in the Gaytors, Clemson, Bama, and the big time successful programs.
Without some of the guys on here who have the inside scoop who were saying Bama from the jump, I had zero doubts he would choose Bama and I can see him going back to Columbus and then being in awe that he plays for Saban.

Yet, despite any affinity for other schools, he still wound up at Louisville, which is a common theme. If we got our heads out of our asses and signed some of these kids, their view of UM would likely be better. Instead, we look arrogant. We pass on them just like the other elite schools, but then we suck and miss all of our other targets, too.

Advertisement
Sucks a kid from Miami who went to the same high school as our head coach didn't even consider us. I get the attraction to Alabama but **** you would think this would be close to lock for us at a position of need.

Or go be a 1st rd WR on a potential national championship team with the best coach to ever coach. But yeah I get what you are saying but Miami has 15 years of **** to overcome. These kids haven’t even seen Miami win more than 9 games but once in their lifetime. No such things as lock for Mario

Advertisement
If we got our heads out of our asses and signed some of these kids, their view of UM would likely be better. Instead, we look arrogant. We pass on them just like the other elite schools, but then we suck and miss all of our other targets, too.

You should've written this in past tense, Cane brotha.

It's a new day now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back