Tyler Harrell 2018 WR and EVENTUALLY Commits to the Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
A team that signs multiple 5-star WR’s in every class has taken 2 WR’s out the Portal this Spring.

Meanwhile we have fans that think we don’t need a WR lol

Ppl need to realize this is the new age of college football free agency. It’s a year around process to constantly upgrade your roster every chance you get. Like it or not. College football has changed forever

Sucks a kid from Miami who went to the same high school as our head coach didn't even consider us. I get the attraction to Alabama but **** you would think this would be close to lock for us at a position of need.

Sucks a kid from Miami who went to the same high school as our head coach didn't even consider us. I get the attraction to Alabama but **** you would think this would be close to lock for us at a position of need.
In my experience of working with the athletes at Columbus as an assistant strength and conditioning coach. There wasn’t a huge affinity or loyalty to Miami, which blew my mind. I was there when Elijah Roberts was a sophomore along with Xavier Henderson, and Tyler Harrell as upperclassmen.
They had more interest in the Gaytors, Clemson, Bama, and the big time successful programs.
Without some of the guys on here who have the inside scoop who were saying Bama from the jump, I had zero doubts he would choose Bama and I can see him going back to Columbus and then being in awe that he plays for Saban.

Advertisement
A team that signs multiple 5-star WR’s in every class has taken 2 WR’s out the Portal this Spring.

Take it a step further.

A team that routinely ranks in the Top 3 in recruiting, is also Top 10 in the Transfer Portal Rankings.

They've taken a OT (something they are known for) and a RB (something they've also been known for) and a CB (you see where this is going?).

CONCLUSION: You can never have enough great players, and your roster is NEVER complete.

Bummer we couldn’t get this kid. But let’s see how he does there. I don’t think he’s the same caliber as Jameson Williams but we shall see

The difference is Bama got a clear #1 WR in Harrell while we gotta choose between a LaTech and UCF WR that’s not better than the WRs on our roster.

Advertisement
Yes every kid that has no ******* relation to Mario or Ruiz HAS to go to Miami cause 30 years ago Mario went to columbus..........you get dumber by the day

I just say the **** everyone is thinking but yall are too scared to say. Always real.

Gotta beat Bama head to head for recruits if we want to be where we need to be.

And if we can’t beat them for a Columbus grad from South Florida, well that’s not working out

Didn’t this kid go to Columbus? Or am I wrong?

Embarrassing for Ruiz and Mario if they can’t even land a Columbus kid. Big time “L”
I can't even call your entire anti-Mario schtick stupid anymore, it's just laughable how much knowledge you lack surrounding recruiting and expectations in general.

I just say the **** everyone is thinking but yall are too scared to say. Always real.

And if we can’t beat them for a Columbus grad from South Florida, well that’s not working out
It’s not a head to head recruitment when he went into the portal to go to Bama in the first place. Even you can’t be this dull

You don’t speak for MOST people on this board regardless of whether you think you do or not…

Advertisement
In my experience of working with the athletes at Columbus as an assistant strength and conditioning coach. There wasn’t a huge affinity or loyalty to Miami, which blew my mind. I was there when Elijah Roberts was a sophomore along with Xavier Henderson, and Tyler Harrell as upperclassmen.
They had more interest in the Gaytors, Clemson, Bama, and the big time successful programs.
Without some of the guys on here who have the inside scoop who were saying Bama from the jump, I had zero doubts he would choose Bama and I can see him going back to Columbus and then being in awe that he plays for Saban.

So Belen in fact is > Columbus after all?

The difference is Bama got a clear #1 WR in Harrell while we gotta choose between a LaTech and UCF WR that’s not better than the WRs on our roster.
I mean I get the point you are trying to make but you went to far with "clear #1" you believe he is clear #1 solely because Bama wanted him...

BUT he was not #1 even at Louisville and you think he walks into Bama's room and is a clear #1 over the people they have?

In 2018, he appeared in 2 games, caught 2 passes for 36 yards all coming in a loss to GTech, ended up redshirting,
2019 appeared in 2 games, no catches
2020 no stats, may have sat out during COVID
2021 18 receptions for 523 yards in 13 games played so averages basically 1.3 catches a game and his best game was against Air Force (4 catches 80 yds and a TD) and MAYBE UVA, he had 2 catches but for 100 yards including a 92 yarder. (finished 3rd in Receiving yards and 5th in catches at Lville)

Now I am not knocking him. Dude is good, would have loved him here but lets not get carried away with a clear cut #1 when 4 years removed from HS dude has 20 catches for less than 600 yards, I mean those are Dee Wiggins and Pope #s...

Advertisement
I can't even call your entire anti-Mario schtick stupid anymore, it's just laughable how much knowledge you lack surrounding recruiting and expectations in general.

I’m not anti Mario. I’m anti counting chickens before they hatch.

I think he’s the perfect coach for Miami and I think he’ll succeed. But he’s taken some L’s on the trail and yall are on your insufferable offseason high and not recognizing it

I think he’s the perfect coach for Miami and I think he’ll succeed. But he’s taken some L’s on the trail and yall are on your insufferable offseason high and not recognizing it
If you thought he just going to come in a Saban his way into winning every recruiting battle then you are downright delusional. On the flip side, he's dramatically improved the roster via talent acquisition in the 4 months he's been here so you're just as delusional if you can't see that.

No. It's that we'all expected losses along the way (after all it's recruiting). Also won't let the losses distract from the direction the program is taking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back