Tyler Bird

I do think the longer it goes without us hearing anything like an announcement date or anything it's better news for the Canes. He might pull a Chad Thomas and have Hats on the table on Wednesday.

Bottom line is none of us know anything about this. Can't wait for Wednesday to be here and gone. Especially looking forward to talking about Richt on the football field and not on the recruiting trail

Advertisement
I do think the longer it goes without us hearing anything like an announcement date or anything it's better news for the Canes. He might pull a Chad Thomas and have Hats on the table on Wednesday.

Bottom line is none of us know anything about this. Can't wait for Wednesday to be here and gone. Especially looking forward to talking about Richt on the football field and not on the recruiting trail
I'm with you.

Byrd's girlfriend will be welcomed in Knoxville.

Duh. Carlin Fils-Aime has been committed there for quite sometime. :XvfmlQQ:

deez-nuts1-300x294.jpg

I really don't get why Richt hasn't offered CFA or recruited him. Wasn't he like one of the top 3 RBs in the state this past year? Obviously he's talented, and its not like we couldn't use 2 RB commits in this class.

Literally the only thing that I think is stopping Byrd from coming here is CFA. I completely doubt that he actually thinks UT is better than Miami. But the fact that his Brother is going there, makes it very appealing to him, and I can't really blame the kid for feeling that way.

But I have to say, everyday kids leave for college, and go all the way across the country from where they live, and away from their families. Ultimately I don't think he should be following anyone to a school, because you need to choose the college that is the best fit for you, regardless who you do or do not know at the school. Sure his brother may be going to UT, but come spring if he comes to Miami, he will still have family (the team).

Advertisement
I really don't get why Richt hasn't offered CFA or recruited him. Wasn't he like one of the top 3 RBs in the state this past year? Obviously he's talented, and its not like we couldn't use 2 RB commits in this class.

Literally the only thing that I think is stopping Byrd from coming here is CFA. I completely doubt that he actually thinks UT is better than Miami. But the fact that his Brother is going there, makes it very appealing to him, and I can't really blame the kid for feeling that way.

But I have to say, everyday kids leave for college, and go all the way across the country from where they live, and away from their families. Ultimately I don't think he should be following anyone to a school, because you need to choose the college that is the best fit for you, regardless who you do or do not know at the school. Sure his brother may be going to UT, but come spring if he comes to Miami, he will still have family (the team).

this

i don't think richt should get into the practice of taking on players that he doesn't want to get another. it's a ****** scheme altogether that's unfair for the recruit that's being used, and takes away a spot from a potential difference-maker.

You sound like a cold *****..

Advertisement

i don't think richt should get into the practice of taking on players that he doesn't want to get another. it's a ****ty scheme altogether that's unfair for the recruit that's being used, and takes away a spot from a potential difference-maker.

No I don't mean that he should offer him now. I'm saying he should have been recruiting him from the very beginning. It's too late now I think. But it's not like CFA isn't really good. He is. At the beginning of the year everyone was hoping he'd be the RB we get this cycle.

I'm assuming fils aimes injury issues might be the reason why we aren't recruiting him imo

Byrd said on radio that CFA was just all about Tenn. why is it hard to believe the kid might just love the program?

Have any of the Big 3 recruited him? I'm always skeptical when none of us go after a skill pos kid. I'm not saying CFA won't be fantastic, it's just unusual.

Advertisement

i don't think richt should get into the practice of taking on players that he doesn't want to get another. it's a ****ty scheme altogether that's unfair for the recruit that's being used, and takes away a spot from a potential difference-maker.

No I don't mean that he should offer him now. I'm saying he should have been recruiting him from the very beginning. It's too late now I think. But it's not like CFA isn't really good. He is. At the beginning of the year everyone was hoping he'd be the RB we get this cycle.

oh i totally get what you're saying. but even from the day he got here, if he didn't think that cfa would fit his needs, it would still be ****** to offer him for the sake of landing byrd.

oh i totally get what you're saying. but even from the day he got here, if he didn't think that cfa would fit his needs, it would still be ****ty to offer him for the sake of landing byrd.

I don't agree with this. It would be one thing if we had depth at CB, but we don't. CFA, at worst, is serviceable and can provide depth at RB/special teams/etc.

Advertisement

oh i totally get what you're saying. but even from the day he got here, if he didn't think that cfa would fit his needs, it would still be ****ty to offer him for the sake of landing byrd.

I don't agree with this. It would be one thing if we had depth at CB, but we don't. CFA, at worst, is serviceable and can provide depth at RB/special teams/etc.

Byrd is our most important recruit. And CFA is a good player.

Whatever the reason (and I have no sense of it) we stopped recruiting Carlin. We were on him harder than anyone, by his own words. At some point, that stopped. Williams and D'Onofrio were at the NHS spring game. That was Carlin's first action since his ankle surgery, and he looked dynamite. I had a long conversation with D'Onofrio during the game and mentioned how good Carlin was looking. He told me point blank they were there for Tyler. Coaches there for Carlin included GT, Louisville, Indiana, Arkansas and Auburn. Bama got in on him afterward. During the summer his family took a driving tour of several campuses including UNC and Tennessee. He felt wanted. UM kept in touch but were never ON him again, much to my chagrin. He's good enough for a UM offer, IMO.

After one game Fils-Aimes gonna be so sick of that dam Rocky Top song he gonna beg to transfer. Listening to dat Sh*t is worse dan being water boarded.

Whatever the reason (and I have no sense of it) we stopped recruiting Carlin. We were on him harder than anyone, by his own words. At some point, that stopped. Williams and D'Onofrio were at the NHS spring game. That was Carlin's first action since his ankle surgery, and he looked dynamite. I had a long conversation with D'Onofrio during the game and mentioned how good Carlin was looking. He told me point blank they were there for Tyler. Coaches there for Carlin included GT, Louisville, Indiana, Arkansas and Auburn. Bama got in on him afterward. During the summer his family took a driving tour of several campuses including UNC and Tennessee. He felt wanted. UM kept in touch but were never ON him again, much to my chagrin. He's good enough for a UM offer, IMO.

Miami cooled on him when we had 4 committed RB's ( Zach Moss, McArthur Barnett, Travis Homer, Amir Rasul ), he committed to UT and started straying away from Miami when we slow played him during this time frame.

Advertisement
Back