Tyler Baron DE, J George WR, Xavier WR, and NIL walk into a bar…

Facts. stupid depth u just mix and rotate. Fresh bodies all over PAUSE that destroy OLs, we going to be a problem. Maybe not a natty but that spark that gets this program into auto pilot mode.
Every year you see teams come out of nowhere usually led by a veteran QB that’s been there done that and just knows how to win

We got a guy like that

Advertisement
Signing him changed everything for me. I’ve been mixing my preworkout with kool aid ever since
Im just happy we relevant man, like thats how low its been for us that just this off season and the last one are true (we have arrived) off seasons. I remember dudes always saying off season champs and I sat alone in the corner like bruh we never have won an off season. Well now we actually win off seasons. Now with the true alpha at QB the only thing that can f this season up like my Knicks would be injuries and if that happens the coaches are off the hook IMO.

Last edited:
This guy ain’t coming if he was he would’ve pulled that trigger already. He must be just waiting on his best NiL offer. If he was smart he would come here. 1 year ur gonna get paid a fair amount and u have JT coaching u to get drafted higher

Advertisement
CFB is a full mercenary game at this point. At this point difficult to have any emotional attachment. The unrestricted portal damaged college athletics.
Ah yes, I long for the days of Bama, LSU, and Clemson being the select few that could really pay for recruits. I wish we could go back to getting into trouble for Luke’s $100 hand shakes and Nevins boat rides. We were properly in our place then. It was so comforting to know our role.

STOP REGURGITATING THE OPINIONS OF THOSE LOSING POWER IN ALL THIS CHANGE.

Think about these things

1. Whats good for Miami?
2. What’s good for the players?
3. WTF KIND OF LOYALTY DO YOU HAVE TO ANYTHING ELSE?

Ah yes, I long for the days of Bama, LSU, and Clemson being the select few that could really pay for recruits. I wish we could go back to getting into trouble for Luke’s $100 hand shakes and Nevins boat rides. We were properly in our place then. It was so comforting to know our role.

STOP REGURGITATING THE OPINIONS OF THOSE LOSING POWER IN ALL THIS CHANGE.

Think about these things

1. Whats good for Miami?
2. What’s good for the players?
3. WTF KIND OF LOYALTY DO YOU HAVE TO ANYTHING ELSE?
Exactly. The candle is burning hot. I don't want a thing to change with the portal, etc. We are finally seeing the possibility of returning to a level of respectability. We can start complaining when Sean Taylor is transferring because he doesn't want to back up Ed Reed anymore. Lets go!

There was no other portal QB I wanted bruh when the names started filling the portal. Did not like that kid that went to OSU, think hes cheeks

I’ll admit I liked Howard more. But I also said I liked Ward as 1b just felt we shouldn’t put all our eggs in one basket. I think you guys were right and Ward will turn out to be a grand slam. He’s looked so good during Spring camp and bonded so well with the team. What a difference from golf boy.

Advertisement
I’ll admit I liked Howard more. But I also said I liked Ward as 1b just felt we shouldn’t put all our eggs in one basket. I think you guys were right and Ward will turn out to be a grand slam. He’s looked so good during Spring camp and bonded so well with the team. What a difference from golf boy.
Ward looked so good..I honestly think Mario walked away from that Spring game thinking, "I FINALLY got my shot at a great QB. I cant F this up. No more loyalty and no more waiting for guys to hopefully figure it out. I need to move on upgrading this roster NOW.".....Because lets just all say it..Mario has been absolutely unforgiving when it comes to his transfer portal moves. (Ex...Sam Brown coming in to potentially take Hortons spot...Alderman coming in to potentially take Wes's spot..going after Baron to take Mesidors spot..Damian Martinez coming in to take everyone in the RB rooms spot..lol..etc)....... Hes going for it all this year and doesnt care if he has to hurt some feelings in the process.

Yea he looked real good, he looks like the mobile QBs we went up against for years that burned us. Hes deadly accurate and even if guys aren't open he will throw them open. It seems like he does more with less

Yea he looked real good, he looks like the mobile QBs we went up against for years that burned us. Hes deadly accurate and even if guys aren't open he will throw them open. It seems like he does more with less

"even if guys aren't open he will throw them open."

Yup. This is why I wanted Ward badly and didn't think Howard would be a good fit.

I consider a Dawson to be in the bottom 25% of P4 OC's. That's his track record when not coaching with Dana Holgorsen. He was bad, bad, bad as Kentucky's and SoMiss' OC (his last two OC jobs without Holgorsen).

Ward can create plays outside of the offensive structure, whereas I don't think Howard can do so.

Advertisement
Facts. stupid depth u just mix and rotate. Fresh bodies all over PAUSE that destroy OLs, we going to be a problem. Maybe not a natty but that spark that gets this program into auto pilot mode.

Last time we had DE depth like that was 2001 when we rotated JMac, AWill, CGreen, JGreen.

I'd argue that this DE group top to bottom including the young guys is the best we've ever had here.

"even if guys aren't open he will throw them open."

Yup. This is why I wanted Ward badly and didn't think Howard would be a good fit.

I consider a Dawson to be in the bottom 25% of P4 OC's. That's his track record when not coaching with Dana Holgorsen. He was bad, bad, bad as Kentucky's and SoMiss' OC (his last two OC jobs without Holgorsen).

Ward can create plays outside of the offensive structure, whereas I don't think Howard can do so.
Dawson’s success is more tied to who he has at quarterback than whether or not Dana Holgerson was there. His one year at Kentucky was trash. His quarterback, Patrick Towles threw 9 TDS and 14 picks. The next year at Southern Miss, his offense put up 475 yards and 33 points per game. Nick Mullens threw 24 touchdowns and 11 picks. Once Mullins graduated, the offense fell off. They used like 4 quarterbacks in 2017 and were average and in 2018 they had an average passing game and terrible rush offense and they sucked.

Dawson isn’t a special coach. He can’t make a bad team good. He is effective when he gets good QB play. We saw it last year. When Van Dyke was good, they were unstoppable. When he was bad or with one of the other, limited quarterbacks, they struggled to do much. Thankfully, at least for this year we have a quarterback who will make it easy for him. There’s always going to be a ceiling with Dawson but as long as he’s given players to work with, he’ll give us solid offenses. At the very least we don’t have to worry about having the issues we’ve had in the past when we’ve had solid skill players and QBs but our offensive coaches put handcuffs on them.

Advertisement
Baron to UM seems to be trending. There were some medical things that had to be straightened out but looks like it cleared.
Austin Powers Laser GIF

Last time we had DE depth like that was 2001 when we rotated JMac, AWill, CGreen, JGreen.

I'd argue that this DE group top to bottom including the young guys is the best we've ever had here.
Facts

Talent has improved as years have passed by. These dudes are coached as children technically with repetition and all the YT videos out there for training. The best era for athletes in all sports been going on for a good while. I always felt Miami struck first with the modern athletes of the now era during the But h era. We were sending futuristic athletes in the Stone Age era, that’s how it felt. Pause

Advertisement
Back