Tyler Baron DE

It was Hayes but he went to Colorado. Baron is the best currently available.

I don't get the hate. People questioning his sack total? Bain had 7.5 sacks. Do you know how many sacks our next edge rusher had? 1 and we played some ****** teams. He also had 10.5 TFL. Bain had 6. The next DE after that had 3.
Tennessee let him go based on his NIL wishes and it was too high for them for a guy that they think didn't really make a huge difference against their tougher opponents. He also threatened to enter the portal in 2021, entered and removed his name in 2022, entered and committed to Ole Miss in 2023, flipped and enrolled to Louisville in 2024, and then reentered from Louisville 3 months later.

I totally understand the concern and wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting the kid here.

As a pure talent.. he would be the best 4th DE on any team in the country if he came here.

Advertisement
It was Hayes but he went to Colorado. Baron is the best currently available.

I don't get the hate. People questioning his sack total? Bain had 7.5 sacks. Do you know how many sacks our next edge rusher had? 1 and we played some ****** teams. He also had 10.5 TFL. Bain had 6. The next DE after that had 3.
I like him. I just thought that there would be someone elite in the portal. I want Baron in this portal class. He would along with a DT galvanize our DL. Now if we get Depaepe, it would be huge!

So was Sears.
Animation Heart GIF by Gello Hoodbye

Advertisement
any team in the country if he came here.

Tennessee let him go based on his NIL wishes and it was too high for them for a guy that they think didn't really make a huge difference against their tougher opponents. He also threatened to enter the portal in 2021, entered and removed his name in 2022, entered and committed to Ole Miss in 2023, flipped and enrolled to Louisville in 2024, and then reentered from Louisville 3 months later.

I totally understand the concern and wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting the kid here.

As a pure talent.. he would be the best 4th DE on any team in the country if he came here.

I don't know that's a definite. If we sign Baron, who do you think will have more snaps - Alston, Mesidor or Baron? Mesidor hasn't played football in 8 months and has a foot issue. I can envision him splitting snaps 50/50 with someone else. Not sure who is playing which side, but if Baron is on Mesidor's side, I can see them splitting snaps pretty evenly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't know that's a definite. If we sign Baron, who do you think will have more snaps - Alston, Mesidor or Baron? Mesidor hasn't played football in 8 months and has a foot issue. I can envision him splitting snaps 50/50 with someone else. Not sure who is playing which side, but if Baron is on Mesidor's side, I can see them splitting snaps pretty evenly.
If not a definite it's not far off. From an experience and production standpoint.

I think Bain plays the most snaps, followed by Mesidor (if healthy), then Alston, and Baron 4th.

1-3 have experience and familiarity in Guidry's system. Baron is going to have to learn it and ease in.

If not a definite it's not far off. From an experience and production standpoint.

I think Bain plays the most snaps, followed by Mesidor (if healthy), then Alston, and Baron 4th.

1-3 have experience and familiarity in Guidry's system. Baron is going to have to learn it and ease in.

Honestly, I would love it if he was b/c he is a talent. But the reality is that recurring foot problems never lead to good things for a big guy. Especially if he can't find a shoe for his foot!! lol

Advertisement
Back