TX A&M Game : Houston vs Austin

Advertisement
As many have said, just depends on what you want.

Houston is a little closer to CS, and if you stay downtown or by the Galleria you will have everything you need regardless of what you want. I haven’t been to Austin in over 5 years so I won’t speak on Austin.

Going to the game this year but there’s a debate as to where it would be better to stay for the weekend. **** no I’m not staying in college station. So if you have to pick one, Houston or Austin. Why?

Austin by about 4376446 lightyears.

That's like asking what you'd rather put in your mouth, a great piece of fried chicken or the rotted ******** from a long-dead burro.

Depends on your age.

Under 30, you'll have fun at College Station or Austin. If you're older, you'll just be a creep scoping out those co-eds at either spot and better served going to Houston.

Houston is the lamest big city I've ever visited and spread out as ****.

An option also would be Conroe, TX. They have a decent sized lake there and some adultimg bars that can be fun for the 30 plus crowds on the weekend.

Disagree. Austin is a LOT more than a college town. I mean, it's the capital of Texas, it's known for it's live music and food. It's not creepy at all to go out there. Take it back, you swine.

Advertisement
Disagree. Austin is a LOT more than a college town. I mean, it's the capital of Texas, it's known for it's live music and food. It's not creepy at all to go out there. Take it back, you swine.

Okay, fine, I'll raise my age to 40.

Austin has it all really, never said it didn't.

Houston. The only negative about Houston compared to Austin is the traffic and the $$. But since you’re going to the game and considering Houston, $$ isn’t an issue for you. And it will be the weekend, so the traffic won’t be bad.

Don’t know, don’t care. But…

Bring back the Houston Oilers.

Something about the Texans doesn’t sit right and the Tennessee Titans are a clown organization.

NFL should never allow teams to move under any circumstance

Also Las Vegas Raiders is some mickey mouse ****. They belong in Oakland

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m going to the game and was going to just stay in College Station because I don’t care to explore the state or anything. Just want to see my Canes beat the Aggies. What’s wrong with College Station?

Houston. The only negative about Houston compared to Austin is the traffic and the $$. But since you’re going to the game and considering Houston, $$ isn’t an issue for you. And it will be the weekend, so the traffic won’t be bad.
The roads are still a nightmare to navigate. My son had a basketball tournament last summer there and there was some fairly bad traffic on a Saturday. And the are itself is huge. It’s like taking almost all of Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach and calling it “Miami.”

I’m going to the game and was going to just stay in College Station because I don’t care to explore the state or anything. Just want to see my Canes beat the Aggies. What’s wrong with College Station?
Nothing. Much quieter than either Austin or Houston. Stayed there overnight for a basketball tournament for my older son in 2015.

Advertisement
The roads are still a nightmare to navigate. My son had a basketball tournament last summer there and there was some fairly bad traffic on a Saturday. And the are itself is huge. It’s like taking almost all of Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach and calling it “Miami.”
be a man!!!!! j/k

Does get crazy expensive on game weekends for hotels etc.

Exactly check hotel rates in College Station lol

I’ve spent tons of time in both and am thoroughly bored with Austin at this point.

Houston Is just more interesting, including the terrible roads and traffic.

Advertisement
Back