Two year haul (long)

Our DT recruiting deserves an "F."

We gained Nesta but lost DJ Johnson, so that's a wash.

We lost Norton and McIntosh and did not replace them with equal talent.

That's moving backwards. That's not getting it done.

This. Its rare you find a freshman that makes an impact.

Losing Norton & Mcintosh screwed us for next season.

Advertisement
You are just being way way too nice on the defensive grades. Looking at it like this on paper just makes it even more depressing. Good stuff though.

Joyner isn't a de and the grades for de and dt are way too high. Just look at depth chart , lacking quality and quantity.

We have so many depth issues on defense that our 2019 class is going to need to look like the following:

DE: 3 (losing D Jackson to graduation and probably Joe Jackson to the NFL (someone who has a legit case of leaving early))
DT: 2-3 (losing Willis and the Illinois GT)
LB: 3 (this is the unit that could be getting hit hard after next year. Lose Smith, McCray and I'd have to imagine that one of Shaq or Pinckney leaves early)
CB: 3 (lose Dean and lost Malek to career ending injury)
S: 2 (lose Jaquan Johnson and Redwine to graduation)

That looks about right.

Our DT recruiting deserves an "F."

We gained Nesta but lost DJ Johnson, so that's a wash.

We lost Norton and McIntosh and did not replace them with equal talent.

That's moving backwards. That's not getting it done.

Listen mopey we actually replace norton and Mcintosh with Willis and the Illinois transfer. Nesta and DJ don’t play the same position, but if you’re comparing them as DTs Nesta is miles better than dj.

Advertisement
WTF is op smoking.

Lol at DT, DE, LB, S & CB

Plus RB & TE have only one strong year of recruiting each.

You're a fvckin dumbass. That's been proven over quite some time.

That was clear when the clown basically said that Gurvan Hall and Gil isn't a great safety haul. Mico Jones is the male version of Miko Grimes...an annoying, mentally handicapped ****.

We are landing talented kids just not enough. Again if you break down the recruits at each position much is said about rumphs recruiting but it’s clear the problem lies far beyond just him. The defense recruiting is lagging behind. The offense class is elite period but it’s trending up overall regardless. They need to pick it up on that side of the ball and they should with that 2019 class being loaded at all levels on defense.

We are landing talented kids just not enough. Again if you break down the recruits at each position much is said about rumphs recruiting but it’s clear the problem lies far beyond just him. The defense recruiting is lagging behind. The offense class is elite period but it’s trending up overall regardless. They need to pick it up on that side of the ball and they should with that 2019 class being loaded at all levels on defense.

Nobody is calling out Manny. He runs the D and it's his baby as Richt is busy with OC duties. He's gotta step it up.

Magnifying class will definitely be on the defensive side of the ball next cycle for sure.

Advertisement
How many times am I going to read that Kuligowski loves Jon Ford? That sentence is virtually the only thing associated with Jon Ford around here. I'm half expecting Ford to run out onto the field with the words stenciled on his forehead: Coach Kool Loves Me.

I don't know why we care about Kuligowski's opinion of Jon Ford. We need waves of defensive linemen whose talent and upside are loved by every coach and every analyst. Otherwise when you are associating a sentence like that with one sleeper prospect it's like public relations director material and not much more.

Overall there's too much PR bent around here period. Tough talk combined with fluff. Quite amusing.

I don't mind the Jordan Miller signing. But that type should be the sensible risk, a gamble on greatness frosting. Not someone you need to pay off, or are scrambling to sign for sheer numbers in the late going.

That recruitment alone symbolized where we are in relation to the current elites, IMO.

Safety aint no where near an A. Frierson is a corner and will probably stay at corner.

What we see across the DL in terms of numbers is quite frankly probation era type depth. This is extremely concerning and has been for quite some time yet very few wanted to entertain that sobering reality as they were too caught up in the moment and the fact that for one year we had a fairly deep and very talented defensive front. Now that group goes from a strength to a serious concern for the next 2 years. Frontline talent is great in Joe Jackson, Garvin, Willis, Ford and Silvera but we just don't have the numbers. Demetrius Jackson should have a great year and I can see Bethel taking it to the next level but a few injuries to this group will cripple us.

We need 2-3 RBs for 2019 with Burns never likely to play and Homer being draft eligible next year. Our underclassmen never stay. And isn't Choc gone too after next year?

Last edited:
Advertisement
How many times am I going to read that Kuligowski loves Jon Ford? That sentence is virtually the only thing associated with Jon Ford around here. I'm half expecting Ford to run out onto the field with the words stenciled on his forehead: Coach Kool Loves Me.

I don't know why we care about Kuligowski's opinion of Jon Ford. We need waves of defensive linemen whose talent and upside are loved by every coach and every analyst. Otherwise when you are associating a sentence like that with one sleeper prospect it's like public relations director material and not much more.

Overall there's too much PR bent around here period. Tough talk combined with fluff. Quite amusing.

I don't mind the Jordan Miller signing. But that type should be the sensible risk, a gamble on greatness frosting. Not someone you need to pay off, or are scrambling to sign for sheer numbers in the late going.

That recruitment alone symbolized where we are in relation to the current elites, IMO.

I can't really argue as you make some good points. I somewhat agree on Miller even though I love the kids raw talent. We should be much better off in terms of numbers and that is the bottom line. Many tend to fixate on the potential of individual players like Ford. I can envision a scenario this coming season where we get gashed on defense and people say how can that happen when we have talent like this guy or that guy. What many lose sight of is that we need to sign guys like Silvera and Ford every year. It is imperative that we begin to stack talent on talent on talent on the defensive side of the ball. We are beginning to see this on offense especially with the WR corps. We need to aim for that type of depth of talent at every position group. It's doable but it will take 2-3 more classes like 2018. The outlook for the 2019 and 2020 classes is bullish to say the least and if that trend holds we will get this thing back to where we all want it to be.

I also believe that it is beginning to become more and more apparent that resurrecting this program was going to take a little longer than most of us wanted to admit. This is not meant to excuse Richt and staff from criticism as there is a fair amount to be critical of but rather the reality of the situation slapping us in the face. The reality is that we can get back to being an elite program that competes for national titles and playoff appearances regularly but that the time required to successfully rebuild a championship foundation and fully establish the relationships essential to recruiting may take a little longer than originally thought.

Dabo certainly didn't do it overnight. It took him a while to establish the gravitas that he currently enjoys. I distinctly remember Clemson being embarrassed by West Virginia as Dabo and Co had a 70 spot hung on them. He recovered by assessing the problems and addressing them. I believe Richt has it in him to do the same. The question I have is if he is willing to fire who he has to fire to get the job done and if he can put his ego aside and honestly determine whether or not he is capable of taking this offense where it needs to go.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back