Two-Year Haul (long)

Good two-year haul, except at RB and CB. Interestingly, two positions where we've rarely had a problem getting talent.

Advertisement
If you give Browns and Rumph crap but don't give credit to lil Richt for this QB class then you are trolling.

Great write up.

Definitely not a finished product, but we're in a better position than we were.

It's also nice knowing guys will be properly developed.

And yes, Jon Richt...what exactly does he do here?

Great post. Depth at RB and DT scare the crap out of me. CB too although I'm less worried here since we should clean up locally in 2018.

Advertisement
really like that these classes are through and through legit. By comparison, look at UF's class this year. They have the same amount of kids, and ended up next to us in all rankings with same mix of 4stars. But, their class is all smoke and mirrors with tons of low character kids that are overrated. James Robinson(overrated), Slaton(as a DT), Telfort(seriously overrated), Gamble(slow), Lemons(mess), Jake Allen(garbage).... The only part of their class that is legit is DB.

Advertisement
Jon Richt's recruiting job is to get one big time kid per year. He did that this year.

We shall see how good he is at the development side.

No way in **** adding Mcfarland or Henderson makes this 2 year haul go from a B+ to a A. Thats just ridiculous. These aren't 5* guys that are program changers. Yes McFarland was very good, but he isn't good enough to make a class rise basically a full letter grade like that. And Henderson Definitely isn't that good, All he is is athleticism and potential right now.

I'm very happy with this 2 year haul. I think this class was better than last class overall. And I expect next years class to be better than this one basically everywhere but QB, OL, and maybe DE.
Hopefully next year on the OL we get 3-4, keeping Scaife, and get 1 elite guy.
Both these hauls at DE have been very good. So I'm not going to say I definitely expect to do better. If we get one elite talent again, I'm happy. But we need to continue getting as many DE/DT as possible. Especially DT in this next class.

But If we look at next years class anything but finishing with an A grade at DB or WR should be considered a fail with the talent available. I think we get a total of 10-12 at WR, CB, S, Athlete.

Advertisement
DT is a bigger need than DB imo.

huh? our DT's are arguably the best players on our team and we just graduated Corn, Carter, Jenkins and Colbert....

Huh? Did you read the entire OP? At the bottom, it says going into 2018....we lose 2 DT to graduation, could lose 1-3 more to the draft. DT is a huge need.

DT is a bigger need than DB imo.

I almost went there but I'm hoping (praying) that not ALL of them bolt this year lol. If that happens, then yes DT shoots to the top of the list easy.

We lose 2 for sure. The thought of losing 5 though would be disastrous.

Solid post, OP. Yeah, the depth at RB is a bit concerning but did anyone (coaches included) think Joe Yearby would be declaring for the draft at this time last year? Or Gus Edwards mulling a transfer? Regardless of your opinion of them, when two seniors with plenty of game experience just fall off your roster, you've go some scrambling to do. DT has to be a priority for 2018, even if both juniors stay. You can never have too many CBs but I'm confident in Rumph's coaching ability, if not his recruiting prowess.

Advertisement
I don't understand a 2 year haul of Martin & Ford getting a B-. I trust Kul, but on paper that's just not sufficient if you want to compete for championships.

You know what I like best about these 2 classes? It's like Hebrew National. No filler. Folden would grab some blue-chippers every year and loads of garbage.

Advertisement
Back