Two weeks in a row...

I was there, it was a great crowd all things considered..

*Raining and just bad weather all around
*5-4 team. Let’s be honest, I love the win streak but we still came into this game 5-4. Yikes.
*Most people were in the club area hanging out

People keep comparing every turnout to ND-2017 and that’s not fair. That’s like the folks who compared every OB turnout to ND-1989 or HOU-1991. You can’t replicate certain atmospheres. Maybe once every 20 years.

Advertisement
Since they renovated Hard Rock, its like a different venue.
It went from being a liabilty for the program to an big asset.
The roof traps in the noise and bring energy and excitement into the stadium.
With the replay boards in the all four corners its a great venue now and a huge upgrade to the decrepit Orange Bowl.
Really no reason the place shouldnt be packed every weekend.
One of the best entertainment bargains to be had in Miami.
Except for the fan cams during time outs. Let's keep the cameras trained on the Sunsations, blast the tunes and lather the crowd up. Instead we get kiss cams and where's Waldo.

It was more than I expected despite the rain. But after the game started getting out of hand some people left. But it was about a road shy of 3/4 full.
Regardless it was loud.

If you guys are going to judge Manny on whether or not he can fill the stadium for a Louisville game, you may as well fire him now.

Advertisement
So much potential. I think Manny will bring them in.

“ABC and ESPN College Football analyst Kirk Herbstreit said after working the Virginia Tech and Notre Dame games last season that Hard Rock Stadium was the loudest venue he’s ever been in. The same was said by Notre Dame tight end Durham Smythe after Miami’s blowout win over the Irish last fall.”

This is what the "We need a stadium on campus dolts" can't seem to understand. We have a heck of a stadium that could be one of the best in the country when packed.

I love the rock although the food venders on the 300 level still suck ***. Couldn't believe they got rid of Burgerfi :(

The only criticism I have is that they put a lot of information on those screens. I kind of miss the simpler jumbotron that showed down and distance and replays.

I was thinking the same thing last game...don’t really care about stats mid-game, just want the situational information to be easy to read without the other distractions

I was at the game I would say around 45-50K, when the game first kicked off it was about 30K then by the 2nd quarter more people arrived. The atmosphere was pretty good to me

It was my first game at the Rock. Every time I watch to game on TV hlthe stadium seems so quiet. I sat in the endzone and the crowd was crazy nearly the whole game. I'm sure it helped that they were big plays all over the field so it kept everyone engaged. But overall the numbers were horrible. The whole section behind the Cannes bench was empty for the most part. It trips me out to think that if 30 or 40% more people were in there the stadium would be the most electric in college football.

Advertisement

*5-4 team. Let’s be honest, I love the win streak but we still came into this game 5-4. Yikes.

People keep comparing every turnout to ND-2017 and that’s not fair. That’s like the folks who compared every OB turnout to ND-1989 or HOU-1991. You can’t replicate certain atmospheres. Maybe once every 20 years.

Bull****! Every game should be compared to the biggest game in 15 years, at night, against a hated rival. I mean why wouldn’t that be the baseline measuring stick for our fans.

I’ve been reading on articles and heard on a podcast that the crowd for the Louisville game was a great turn out (even heard electric), but looked sort of empty from a few angles. Was anybody in attendance? I can’t wait til Manny starts bringing in consistent packed houses for rowdy home games at the rock. That roof is a god send.

The home side was fine but the visiting side looked empty and into the upper decks. unfortunately that's the angle they shoot when showing games

So much potential. I think Manny will bring them in.

“ABC and ESPN College Football analyst Kirk Herbstreit said after working the Virginia Tech and Notre Dame games last season that Hard Rock Stadium was the loudest venue he’s ever been in. The same was said by Notre Dame tight end Durham Smythe after Miami’s blowout win over the Irish last fall.”

In South Florida, you sell out by offering an "EVENT." It does not matter if someone is a conference opponent. There needs to be bragging rights and history. The culture of S. Fl supports trash talking and chest thumping. Roughly 35K of attendees actually care about the sport of college football. The rest just want to brag at work on Monday morning.

Advertisement
Disagree. I was raining all day and there were still 45-50k.

At various times people were inside getting food/drinks to get out of the rain.
Agreed. I was there. Wasn't a packed house, but it was a solid crowd. Given the weather situation, it wasn't bad at all. As usual early in the first quarter all the drunk tailgaters were still slowly filing in, so the crowd size looked smaller. Later on it filled in nicely. Then as the score became more of a blowout and the rain continued, a lot of people left. I saw people leaving in the 3rd quarter.

If you guys are going to judge Manny on whether or not he can fill the stadium for a Louisville game, you may as well fire him now.
Post wasn’t aimed at Manny and had nothing to do with him. Was just wondering about the atmosphere is all. Selling out a Canes day game in the rain given our record is a tall order for any coach.

I’ve been reading on articles and heard on a podcast that the crowd for the Louisville game was a great turn out (even heard electric), but looked sort of empty from a few angles. Was anybody in attendance? I can’t wait til Manny starts bringing in consistent packed houses for rowdy home games at the rock. That roof is a god send.

Seems like those who do show up get rowdy, so weak attendance doesn't equate with dead atmosphere

Advertisement

Houston in 91 was a lot of fun.....Everybody hated ND which made the games a bit more tense and stressful....Houston was harmless, and everybody, including Houston, knew it was going to be an *** whipping that night. Ole Klingler was facing an absolute beast of a DL that game.

I was at the game. It was my last game as a UM senior so I was going ape**** the entire time. I’d say the crowd at times was “electric” but in general it was an above average crowd but not absolutely insane. Still it was a great energy and it was a great way to cap off my four football seasons at UM

Decent crowd, nothing earth shattering. Maybe 45k.

It got loud at times, but the Louisville fans are weak if they thought that was loud. We've had much, much louder and more electric atmospheres than this game.

Once again, for you young bucks, even in the gloriest or glory days (80s, early 90s, early 00s) the ONLY games that were packed were the biggest ones. Regular conference games (or against non-descript opponents when we were independent) the OB was half empty or worse. I know. I was there. For almost all of them. The crowd size last Saturday was f'n great for a 4 loss team against an average conference opponent. A game like this in 1991, in the rain to boot, draws around 30K.

Advertisement
Back