Two weeks in a row...

WPB Cane

Redshirt Senior
I’ve been reading on articles and heard on a podcast that the crowd for the Louisville game was a great turn out (even heard electric), but looked sort of empty from a few angles. Was anybody in attendance? I can’t wait til Manny starts bringing in consistent packed houses for rowdy home games at the rock. That roof is a god send.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So much potential. I think Manny will bring them in.

“ABC and ESPN College Football analyst Kirk Herbstreit said after working the Virginia Tech and Notre Dame games last season that Hard Rock Stadium was the loudest venue he’s ever been in. The same was said by Notre Dame tight end Durham Smythe after Miami’s blowout win over the Irish last fall.”
“We kind of expected a loud atmosphere but nothing close to what it was…That was one of the loudest stadiums I’ve played in my five years (in college).”

Virginia Tech Defensive Coordinator Bud Foster who has been with the Hokies since 1987 also commented on the crowd at Hard Rock Stadium last year. Perhaps no current opponent has played against the Hurricanes as many times as Foster.

“I have been to a bunch of games here…I think the closest to the atmosphere they had here tonight was when [Michael] Vick came in his sophomore year. They beat us. We were a top-five football program at that time. I have not seen the atmosphere here like this in a long, long time. It was a good night for the Canes.”

So much potential. I think Manny will bring them in.

“ABC and ESPN College Football analyst Kirk Herbstreit said after working the Virginia Tech and Notre Dame games last season that Hard Rock Stadium was the loudest venue he’s ever been in. The same was said by Notre Dame tight end Durham Smythe after Miami’s blowout win over the Irish last fall.”

That game was really another level. It was epic. As loud as the biggest games in the Orange Bowl. Obviously we need to ******* win to get that atmosphere again.

Advertisement
That sucks. A few recruits described it as “electric”, and I even saw a few posts of pics with LVille fans plugging their ears.
People who have never actually been to hard rock and only see people plugging there ears on the visitor side. Don't realize that the reason they are plugging there ears is because of the cannon that is being shot off right next to them, not because the stadium is loud or something. An anyone who is near the visitor section knows that cannon is loud as ****. Which is another reason why I moved my season tickets to the opposite side of the stadium lol.

Advertisement
Since they renovated Hard Rock, its like a different venue.
It went from being a liabilty for the program to an big asset.
The roof traps in the noise and bring energy and excitement into the stadium.
With the replay boards in the all four corners its a great venue now and a huge upgrade to the decrepit Orange Bowl.
Really no reason the place shouldnt be packed every weekend.
One of the best entertainment bargains to be had in Miami.

Advertisement
Yeah it gets loud even if the stadium is partially filled, the roof helps, but the turnout was weak.

the stadium was designed for "home team" acoustics to be amplified towards the field and visiting team noise to be somewhat diminished.

Also, visitors face the sun during daylight games.

The only criticism I have is that they put a lot of information on those screens. I kind of miss the simpler jumbotron that showed down and distance and replays.

Advertisement
Back