Two preferred walk-ons from Cypress Bay

Dieter Kurtenbach ‏@dkurtenbach ·44 mins
.@andrewrivins has news of 2 new Miami commits. Stay tuned to the Recruiting Radar. http://bit.ly/1dTVkiW (and then leave it up all day.)

CaneSquad ‏@canesquad ·8 mins
@dkurtenbach @andrewrivins lmao wow you guys trolled us

Dieter Kurtenbach ‏@dkurtenbach ·7 mins
@canesquad @andrewrivins you can’t hold on for five minutes? Impulse issues?

CaneSquad ‏@canesquad ·5 mins
@dkurtenbach @andrewrivins I meant you trolled. Two walk on "commits" lol I thought big news was coming

Dieter Kurtenbach ‏@dkurtenbach ·3 mins
@canesquad @andrewrivins they’re two commits. I blocked you so you won’t have to deal with it anymore.
No, TweedleDieter. Those are not "commits". Those are preferred walkon spots...commits to the rest of us implies that we've extended a scholarship offer and the kid has accepted, and that they're players of consequence.

Fvck this guy. He gets called out and then blocks the guy for it. Whatta fayg.

Advertisement
Here's the write-up from the guy TweedleDieter retweeted that from. Not going to bother to link it due to TweedleDieter's douchebagginess.

Kicker/punter Jonathan Semerene and offensive lineman Justin Goldberg are Miami-bound according to Cypress Bay coach Mark Guandolo. The duo committed to the University of Miami earlier this week as preferred walk-ons after the Hurricanes inquired about their services.

Semerene was named to the Sun Sentinel’ All-County First Team Defense this past season and is known for having one of the top legs in the area. Goldberg, is a three-year varsity starter, who Miami offensive line coach Art Kehoe projects as a center in college.

“They wanted to stay close to home,” Guandolo told the Sun Sentinel. “They’re going to be going to a great school and a great program. They have a chance to earn a scholarship down the road which is a great opportunity for them.”

Semerene doubles as both a punter and placekicker, and was hearing from a host of FCS schools. He kicked a 70-yard field goal in practice, which went viral when the video was uploaded to Youtube.

Goldberg is a 6-foot-4, 290-pound lineman that was drawn to Miami’s academic prestige.

Advertisement
It's better news than I thought. I expected volleyball commits or some garbage. The trick is to have low expectations when it comes to ****** beat writers or whatever he calls himself.

Advertisement
Technically, they are commits.

A preferred walk-on isn't just somebody who decides they wanna try out, it's someone who has been contacted by the staff and has been invited to try out for the team. If they accept, coaches/media call them commits.

It was still a douche move by Dieter to call them commits though, should have prefaced it with walk-ons.

Advertisement
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1818978/highlights/73535393

HOLY ****!!! Look at that punt at the :12 sec mark! Kid has a monster leg!

If The EvALuator has shown a keen eye for anything it's for punters. He's an idiot savant when it comes to finding punters.

Golden aint never lied.... well, kinda...at least when it comes to punters. We didn't wanna believe him after he kept saying the Punter was the most impressive player on the team after every practice last year.

I'm gonna throw up if he says it after being asked who the most impressive incoming freshman is

Advertisement
maybe in the minority, but I'm breathing a HUGE sigh of relief that we've found a P/K in this class. This is actually pretty big news.

Advertisement
Back